[A16] Expanded Woodworking (Updated: 2017-02-20)

Started by Qwynn, February 10, 2017, 08:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigon

Is the dependency under the VG link? Also I'm a huge fan of this development for fruit trees yielding wood now. Before I felt like there wasn't a good reason to grow fruit trees as opposed to berries and such. The yield-per day and long grow times were just underwhelming, but now that they drop wood they're definitely a strong contender, especially on ice sheets or other such cold biomes. Hell even in deserts now I would say.

Edit: Also. I don't know if I'm right about this but it seams to be the case that bamboo counts as lumber without ever being made into lumber, so it doesn't seem that it can be used for fueling stoves with expanded woodworking. Is it possible to make bamboo work as fuel at least or no? Because after playing and setting my people not to make all the logs into lumber I've come more in line with your reasoning, but since bamboo kinda acts as logs and lumber in VG I was wondering what your take on that was.

Qwynn

Quote from: Trigon on February 17, 2017, 07:59:25 PM
Is the dependency under the VG link? Also I'm a huge fan of this development for fruit trees yielding wood now. Before I felt like there wasn't a good reason to grow fruit trees as opposed to berries and such. The yield-per day and long grow times were just underwhelming, but now that they drop wood they're definitely a strong contender, especially on ice sheets or other such cold biomes. Hell even in deserts now I would say.

Edit: Also. I don't know if I'm right about this but it seams to be the case that bamboo counts as lumber without ever being made into lumber, so it doesn't seem that it can be used for fueling stoves with expanded woodworking. Is it possible to make bamboo work as fuel at least or no? Because after playing and setting my people not to make all the logs into lumber I've come more in line with your reasoning, but since bamboo kinda acts as logs and lumber in VG I was wondering what your take on that was.

You'll need to download the primary version (the Github or Steam link) as well as the Vegetable Garden patch (the VG titled links beneath their respective categories).

Bamboo completely slipped my mind. I'll move bamboo to the raw log category and add in bamboo lumber (which does exist!) shortly! Thank you for reminding me!

Trigon

Awesome! And yeah I'm not an expert on bamboo but I kinda figured it was something worth bringing up since it does cause some silliness with certain things. Also log walls are listed as strong but they're weaker than lumber of the same type. Is this intentional? And saguaro currently drops mixed lumber. I realize I meant to mention that.

Qwynn

Quote from: Trigon on February 17, 2017, 09:03:51 PM
Awesome! And yeah I'm not an expert on bamboo but I kinda figured it was something worth bringing up since it does cause some silliness with certain things. Also log walls are listed as strong but they're weaker than lumber of the same type. Is this intentional? And saguaro currently drops mixed lumber. I realize I meant to mention that.

Well that's silly. I forgot those cacti existed. I'll add them to the todo list as well! Thank you!

Qwynn

Bamboo lumber has been added and its stats were adjusted inline with other woodtypes. Saguaro cacti now drop saguaro ribs.

Huzzah!

The steam version has been updated as well as the GitHub master files.

Trigon

Huzzah indeed. I'll check it out when I can actually play next.

ambivalence

Could you make a patch for SeedsPlease? I guess, it's the great game changer – as great as VG.

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 18, 2017, 10:49:32 AM
Could you make a patch for SeedsPlease? I guess, it's the great game changer – as great as VG.
Oh you meant the bench isn't working because it asks for wood, I thought you asking for a patch for SeedsPlease was about trees and seeds. Here, I should've thought about that. Add it after all the SeedsPlease files.

Qwynn

I also play with SeedsPlease! and it is compatible out of the box. Load SeedsPlease after Expanded Woodworking. The load order should look like this:

• Vegetable Garden
  • Expanded Woodworking
  • Expanded Woodworking for Vegetable Garden
  • SeedsPlease!
  • SeedsPlease! for Vegetable Garden

Quote from: dnks on February 18, 2017, 01:46:14 PM
Oh you meant the bench isn't working because it asks for wood, I thought you asking for a patch for SeedsPlease was about trees and seeds. Here, I should've thought about that. Add it after all the SeedsPlease files.

I was confused for a minute myself! Unless you're pulling seeds out of wood there shouldn't be an issue! But I realize now they were asking for the plant working bench to be stuffed for all the wood types rather than be stuck with just the default woodlogs (which become mixed lumber in EW). Thanks for the quick patch, dnks!

dnks

Quote from: Qwynn on February 18, 2017, 05:59:07 PM

I also play with SeedsPlease! and it is compatible out of the box. Load SeedsPlease after Expanded Woodworking. The load order should look like this:

• Vegetable Garden
  • Expanded Woodworking
  • Expanded Woodworking for Vegetable Garden
  • SeedsPlease!
  • SeedsPlease! for Vegetable Garden

Quote from: dnks on February 18, 2017, 01:46:14 PM

I was confused for a minute myself! Unless you're pulling seeds out of wood there shouldn't be an issue! But I realize now they were asking for the plant working bench to be stuffed for all the wood types rather than be stuck with just the default woodlogs (which become mixed lumber in EW). Thanks for the quick patch, dnks!

No biggie. By the way, I'm playing with Minerals and Materials or something like that, and it's super difficult to get it to work with Expanded Woodworking, I loaded M&M first so that your EW would patch all the furniture (specially the one that needs being fueled) but it didn't quite work. Some of the furniture ended up being only available in Acacia Logs (the log walls and the light torch) and the fueling process became hell because they all wanted wood or they wanted many things and stated that I didn't have all the ingredients, I tried patching around it but couldn't make it work, it's probably too many things with the same names and all since the principal of both mods is almost the same and the fact that M&M is a buggy mess make it all worse. Maybe you have some insight on it, if not, might wanna say it wont work in the first post.

Qwynn

I'll add it to the currently incompatible list, sort of.

I have a kinda-sorta patch on github, but I need to update for the latest version of EW and send it off to my helpful tester again. If you'd like to play with it as well, please feel free (after I update it that is).

dnks

Quote from: Qwynn on February 18, 2017, 06:57:01 PM
I'll add it to the currently incompatible list, sort of.

I have a kinda-sorta patch on github, but I need to update for the latest version of EW and send it off to my helpful tester again. If you'd like to play with it as well, please feel free (after I update it that is).

Wow that would be great, will wait for you to work on it (no rush), also if you need more testers, feel free to PM me.

beeeboop

hey, qwynn, the mod looks beautiful. I recommend adding the link to the master mod though. Right now only the patch for the vegetable garden mod is on the OP. Also, should your set of mods go after or before stuffed floors?

EnlightND

any chance this gets updated to a17? the game is literally unplayable without it

Spaceman

I have updated this mod and its functionality for Vegetable Garden to A17. I released it on the Steam workshop under the same license. I am willing to take over maintaining it or returning it to Qwynn if desired. Unsure if I can post a new thread on here with the updated version. Can a mod or someone confirm in regard to such?

Github links:
Expanded Woodworking
Expanded Woodworking for VG

Steam releases:
Expanded Woodworking
Expanded Woodworking for VG