Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 23, 2019, 12:42:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [1.0] Spoon's Mods (A Dog Said, Rimkea, Fashionrimsta, Gourimet, Hair Mod etc..)  (Read 37384 times)

SergeMalbret

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Balance suggestions:

In GouRIMet, I would suggest adjusting the market value of Smoked Meat from 4.0 to something like 2.5 . With the current value of 4.0, making a fine meal using Smoked Meat results in a loss of wealth of 5.5 per fine meal (5*4.0 + 5*1.1 is turned into 20.0). With an adjusted value of 2.5, the same would instead result in a slight wealth increase of 2.0, which would make more sense, while keeping Smoked Meat more valuable than normal meat.

The decreased mental break threshold is a very strong effect comparable to the desirable Optimist trait in vanilla. In Fashionrimista, the Fine Shirt currently has a -0.10 mental break threshold offset, which is almost twice as good as an optimist trait in addition to the other great effects the Fine Shirt provides. It makes sense that it would help with social and negotiation ability, but the massive effect on mental break threshold seems unwarranted.

Similarly with the Military Fatigues, I think it makes sense that it would help with shooting, but in addition to that it improves so many other things that it becomes the obvious choice without question for the vast majority of pawns. It has not only a 5% armor offset but also an incredible 0.30 StuffEffectMultiplierArmor , when the second best torso skin layer apparel only has 0.20, meaning it provides more than 50% more armor than a shirt. And in addition to that it reduces the mental break threshold by 0.05 , which is not much worse than a free optimist trait.

I would suggest keeping the shooting bonuses and the armor offset, which make sense thematically, but reducing the armor multiplier to 0.20 to bring it in line with other skin layer apparel, and removing the mental break adjustment. This would still leave the Military Fatigues very very strong, but more streamlined towards fighting instead of being a generally incredible choice that helps with pretty much everything one would want.

Riddle78

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Hello! I'm having a bit of an issue. I can't get A Dog Said to play nice. This is frustrating,as I've always had dreams of a cyberbear army. And cyberrhinos. And cybermuffalos,because CARRY MORE CARGO! My issue is thus; While I can make,buy,and cheat in animal prostheses and bionics,and when I have the appropriate prosthesis in stock,I can assign the surgery,the surgery will never happen,as the game is labouring under the delusion that I lack the required materials; Meds and the prosthesis in question. When I tried to bionic up my current colony's attack rhinos,with my collection of twelve Animal Bionic Legs (I hit paydirt with back-to-back exotic goods traders; Thanks,Randy!),I had over 90 regular Medicine in stock.

Also relevant is that I had an identical issue between What The Hack!? and RIMMSqol; I couldn't mount turrets to my Centipedes,with precisely identical symptoms. I fixed that by adding Recipe Radius to RIMMSqol's Forbidden Patches list,but that isn't helping with A Dog Said. If you'd like,I can provide my HugsLib log for you to look over.

spoonshortage

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Fashion Victim
    • View Profile

I had over 90 regular Medicine in stock.

but did you actually set your animals to receive said medicine in their healthtab? if the surgery shows up and can be scheduled, then everything is in order with the mod, and 99% of the time, the "no materials" issue afterwards, is because people actually forget to allow said meds on their animals and they are still set to herbal or lower.

Riddle78

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

I had over 90 regular Medicine in stock.

but did you actually set your animals to receive said medicine in their healthtab? if the surgery shows up and can be scheduled, then everything is in order with the mod, and 99% of the time, the "no materials" issue afterwards, is because people actually forget to allow said meds on their animals and they are still set to herbal or lower.

...I'm a thrice-damned dolt. I bet that is the case. I'll get back to you on that when I get the time to test.

EDIT: Yup,that was the issue. I'm an idiot. Sorry 'bout that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:12:11 AM by Riddle78 »

Kyna Tiona

• Colonist
  • Holy crackers!
    • View Profile

So as much as I like how Fashinrimsta fills in a lot of gaps in the base game's apparel, both stylistically and functionally, I really can't get over how unbelievably powerful most of these items are. The thermal pants are 95% as cold resistant as a parka with half the bulk and more compatibility with other gear choices, the fine shirt is like equipping three top-tier traits, etc. I could believe it if this were spacer apparel that were locked behind late-game research trees and took costly materials like hyperweave and plasteel, but as is it kind of breaks the game.  :-\

spoonshortage

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Fashion Victim
    • View Profile

So as much as I like how Fashinrimsta fills in a lot of gaps in the base game's apparel, both stylistically and functionally, I really can't get over how unbelievably powerful most of these items are. The thermal pants are 95% as cold resistant as a parka with half the bulk and more compatibility with other gear choices, the fine shirt is like equipping three top-tier traits, etc. I could believe it if this were spacer apparel that were locked behind late-game research trees and took costly materials like hyperweave and plasteel, but as is it kind of breaks the game.  :-\

I have actually done some adjustments to the stats in fashionrimsta, as SergeMalbret had previously suggested, if it is still not nerfed enough for you, nothing prevents you from going into the files yourself and change the numbers how you need them.

Amnesiac

• Drifter
  • Hat Maker
    • View Profile

If anyone wants to fix the Rimkea furniture to not overlap other objects, just add <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer> to the offending furniture. The main one I noticed was the WODEN Table, it's large and overlaps with nearby stuff easily.

spoonshortage

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Fashion Victim
    • View Profile

If anyone wants to fix the Rimkea furniture to not overlap other objects, just add <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer> to the offending furniture. The main one I noticed was the WODEN Table, it's large and overlaps with nearby stuff easily.
I think most of the tables have this issue, if I remember correctly it was because I needed them to overlap the chairs that were next to it, but didnt want to make the chairs lower than building altidude layer, why, I don't remember.

Amnesiac

• Drifter
  • Hat Maker
    • View Profile

Np spoons, love your mods =) though I do secretly wish you were on github so I could submit a few small fixes like the ones above, I understand life can get a bit too busy to come back to mods just to fix or tweak some minor things =) wish you well <3
Pages: 1 2 [3]