[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

Just letting you know that a 1.4 version of Sometimes Raids Go Wrong is now available over on Steam Workshop and on my site, Marvin's Mods. :)

Ugh You Got Me also got a 1.4 version earlier this year.

RemingtonRyder

I has to update Sometimes Raids Go Wrong today because of a bug with the settings which meant that although your settings were saved, they were also ignored.

Also worth mentioning (for fellow mod makers) that since you can't usually change a collection while you're iterating through it, you need to collect the changes and then apply them after you're done iterating.  :)

RemingtonRyder

Another update for Sometimes Raids Go Wrong!

For a little while, players who use the mod have asked if it would be possible to have different weights for the different things which can go wrong. Just yesterday, I released a new version on Steam Workshop which has mod settings to adjust the weights on a slider from 1% to 100% so that you can make some of them happen only rarely.

Keep in mind though, that some of the things which go wrong require certain circumstances, like raiders arriving by drop pod. So for example, if you set all of the things which affect drop pod raids to 1% and a drop pod raid goes wrong, then those each have an equal chance of happening.

In future there may be more things which can go wrong so this might not be as much of a problem, but for the moment, it's something to keep in mind.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. When the pod malfunction happens, sometimes pawns in the pods can die. What I never thought about though, is, what if all them died? Yeah, well it results in the game throwing an error because there are no pawns spawning for the raid... because they're all dead. So I added a check to make sure that there is always at least one survivor. :D

RemingtonRyder

Another update for Sometimes Raids Go Wrong, fixed a bug where the settings dictionaries would not be initialised with default contents.