[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

I've released a bugfixed Hunting Restriction on Workshop and over on my site.

RemingtonRyder

I added a little bit to the top post regarding my newsletter for mod updates. This is only very useful if you prefer the direct download versions of the mods, as you will usually always get updates on Steam Workshop.

RemingtonRyder

Sometimes Raids Go Wrong
B18 pre-release
v1.2.0 "Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a miracle worker" update

v1.1.5:

- Raiders that are on fire can be pursued by one or more mechanoids instead of just one.

v1.2.0:
- Raiders no longer suffer instant ageing, but instead suffer a quickly-progressing disease which causes ageing
- Rapid ageing is a disease which can be tended several times a day. Good tends can arrest the ageing process long enough to allow immunity to stop the disease for good.
- Rapid ageing causes Alzheimer's to onset and progress much faster than normal.
- Rapid ageing can cause all the usual chronic conditions that normal ageing can.
- The stages of rapid ageing have thoughts to go with them.
- Known issue: Hair doesn't go grey.

Download from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9il6vg5w14r7c6z/MarvsSometimesRaidsGoWrong120_TEST.zip?dl=0

SpaceDorf

I write it here and in the Rimslaves thread :

I have the combination of Rimslaves, Planet of the Apes ( Monkey Island  ;D ) some few other mods,
and sometimes raids go wrong by MarvinKosh.

What Happened is :
I let a  Refugee Ape joine my Colony.
He was chased by dothraki raiders and a single one turned up to raid.
then the alarm sounded and another one turned up .. and another one, and then a scyther,
a dothraki on fire, a short snouted bear of one of the animal mods ..
and it did not stop ..
every second another raid was triggered ..

==== EDIT ====

I deactivated sometimes raids go wrong and still got following debug messages :

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RemingtonRyder

Well, definitely seems like a mod conflict to me. I don't think it's with RimSlaves or Planet of the Apes though.

SpaceDorf

I actually think it is a bug in RimSLaves, since the Dothraki are defined as Animals and Faction .. which  may have unforseen consequences when generating a raid based on the "fleeing pawn" event.

I reloaded with "raids go wrong" dectivated and the infinite raids continued.

wwWraith

I remember probably the same problem with "infinite raids" while played A17, it most likely was caused by Jecrell's H.P. Lovecraft Storyteller (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.msg347502#msg347502). The possible workaround was to switch storyteller briefly at such events.

Also, is it possible to expand Weed Cutter's functionality: cut only fully grown trees, harvest only fully grown plants and cut everything that gives cover (ideally with configurable tresholds)? I know the first task can be accomplished with Colony Manager, but it may be more convenient to do manually. And the last task would be very useful for managing defenses.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

SpaceDorf

I have no additional story-tellers installed.
Only Randy.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: wwWraith on December 11, 2017, 12:28:56 AM
Also, is it possible to expand Weed Cutter's functionality: cut only fully grown trees, harvest only fully grown plants and cut everything that gives cover (ideally with configurable tresholds)? I know the first task can be accomplished with Colony Manager, but it may be more convenient to do manually. And the last task would be very useful for managing defenses.

Honestly, if you're looking to cut full-grown trees only, it's easier to plant your own in a growing zone. It means a lot less time spent carrying logs from far away.

I can add more functionality to mods, but it'll take time.

wwWraith

I think it would be useful in early game, when you often need to get maximum harvested resourses asap, especially with hard starts.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: wwWraith on December 11, 2017, 12:09:48 PM
I think it would be useful in early game, when you often need to get maximum harvested resourses asap, especially with hard starts.

What I do when I want all plants harvested in an area, but only at full growth is make the entire area a grow zone. then set that grow zone to NOT "Allow Sowing." With this setup your pawns will automatically harvest any plant/tree at full growth within the grow zone. Of course that will be the "Growing" workgiver and not the "Plant Cutting" workgiver at that point due to them being full grown automatically harvested items.

wwWraith

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 11, 2017, 12:53:59 PM
What I do when I want all plants harvested in an area, but only at full growth is make the entire area a grow zone. then set that grow zone to NOT "Allow Sowing." With this setup your pawns will automatically harvest any plant/tree at full growth within the grow zone. Of course that will be the "Growing" workgiver and not the "Plant Cutting" workgiver at that point due to them being full grown automatically harvested items.
Thanks, I forgot about this method :) But it has some disadvantages, it's hard to choose which plants do you want to harvest, e.g. when you want to get berries for starving colonists not wasting the time on cotton/healroot/trees...

Also one more suggestion: cutting only blighted plants. Because it may be annoying to check every single plant manually when blight's overlay sometimes is not very visible.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: wwWraith on December 11, 2017, 02:58:14 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 11, 2017, 12:53:59 PM
Thanks, I forgot about this method :) But it has some disadvantages, it's hard to choose which plants do you want to harvest, e.g. when you want to get berries for starving colonists not wasting the time on cotton/healroot/trees...

Also one more suggestion: cutting only blighted plants. Because it may be annoying to check every single plant manually when blight's overlay sometimes is not very visible.

Good points. I wonder if the "Allow Tool" mod will quickly allow you to select all blighted plants. If not, probably would be an excellent suggestion for that mod if it's possible.

bigheadzach

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 11, 2017, 03:20:53 PMI wonder if the "Allow Tool" mod will quickly allow you to select all blighted plants. If not, probably would be an excellent suggestion for that mod if it's possible.

As much as I would love to see that added to Allow Tool, I wonder if part of the intended challenge of dealing with blight is the searching for signs of it, much like the real-world crisis would entail. It almost feels like that it's part of the challenge, especially for plants where the green blends in.

Compared to other Allow Tool niceties like "mine the entire vein" and "pick up every item of this kind", which both seem to be straightforward visually.

But I'd still love to see the option.

frenchiveruti