[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

1.4 Status

Currently maintaining Sometimes Raids Go Wrong and Ugh You Got Me, both available and working.

Downloads

Download source
Includes license and guide for future maintainers, mod folders, and XCF thumbnail files - 85MB

Steam Workshop

1.3+ Manual install links

1.0 Manual install links

Beta 19 Manual install links

Beta 18 Manual install links

Alpha 17 Manual install links

Alpha 16 Manual install links

RemingtonRyder

Ambush Readiness Tweak
  • Caravan party members only add to the calculation if they can stand and fight.
  • Tamed animals only add to the calculation if they have been trained in Release.

Blight Reloaded aka Screw the Rules - Have Food
  • Blight will only affect one crop type.
  • Random storytellers can decide either to give you a potentially severe blight, no blight, or a bounty of food from the sky.
  • Replaced by Limited Blight in Alpha 17.

Clear The Stockpiles
  • High-priority hauling task which removes things which are on stockpiles but do not belong there.
  • Will take blocking items to a nearby matching stockpile instead, or dump them somewhere nearby.

Combat Readiness Check
  • Calculates raid points differently to vanilla.
  • Raid points are used to 'buy' raiders for an attacking force.
  • Colonists are counted at a higher point cost initially (99 vs 40 in vanilla) but this is decreased if combat-penalising injuries are taken.
  • Colonists who can't fight at all are not counted.
  • In the Alpha 17 version, colonists who require bedrest due to a potentially lethal disease or infection are not counted.
  • Only colonist points are scaled according to difficulty.
  • Armour and weapons (equipped or otherwise) are counted at 0.25% of market value. Pre-industrial-tech apparel is not counted, and pre-industrial-tech weapons are counted at four times less than industrial-tech weapons.
  • In the Alpha 17 version, building wealth is counted at 0.15% of value.
  • Results are power curved if more than 1000 points are generated. Like vanilla, it takes more base points from colonists, weapons, armour and buildings to reach larger raid sizes.

Difficulty Expansion: Higher difficulties are now more difficult, lower difficulties slightly less difficult.

Hunting Restriction
  • Hunters will consider the conditions outside before going hunting.
  • Hunters can assign themselves to hunt a particular kind of game depending on their abilities.
  • Hunters can unassign themselves from hunting if their sight is impaired.
  • Hunters with the Trigger Happy trait can close in to short range.
  • In the Alpha 17 version, hunters without the Trigger Happy trait will still close in to 3/4 of maximum range.
  • Also in the Alpha 17 version, time restriction was removed, and hunters can close in to execution range if the animal is sleeping.

Less Annoying UI Sounds
  • Tiny Bell sound for non-urgent alerts is replaced with a subtle chirp.
  • Negative message sound is replaced with a chirp.

Less Construction Failure
  • Reduces the chance of construction failure.
  • Buildings which can breakdown in the future are easier to construct.
  • Constructor skill levels 6 and 10 reduces chance to fail if the building is pre-Industrial tech level or Industrial tech level.
  • This mod was retired during Alpha 17 unstable testing due to changes in the base game.

Less Incident Trolling
  • Needs HugsLib.
  • Changes the time that will pass between successive firing of various incidents.
  • Malaria and plague affect a smaller fraction of population, and do not fire at all in the first year.
  • Solar flare can affect multiple colonies, but colonies near the equator are not affected.

Less Outdoor Cleaning: Colonists will skip cleaning some outdoor tiles.
Limited Blight: Crop blight spreads from a point of origin and has a limited area of effect.
More Obvious Plague: Plague will become obvious after 10% severity.
Nerf The Overpowered Wool: Wool and camelhair provide less insulation, but also have less mass.

No Doomed Friendlies
  • Friendlies showed up to deal with enemies in fogged areas. This mod fixes that.
  • Also with this mod, friendlies with severely impaired movement will not show up.

No Doomed Newbies
  • Wanderers, chased refugees and refugees from escape pods will tend to be more in line with what you need when conditions are bad.
  • Refugee escape pods can land instead of crashing.
  • Newbies may bring some raw food with them if it's difficult to grow food.
  • They will also have some of the right gear to deal with extreme temperatures.
  • In the Alpha 17 version, chased refugees will not arrive at colonies of mostly pacifists.
  • Also in the Alpha 17 version, if you somehow lack colonists who are capable of violence, wanderers or refugees from drop pods will usually balance that out.

Oiled Doors: Doors (manual and automatic) will make no sound when opening or closing.
Peaceful Fixes: Some vanilla events would fire on Peaceful difficulty and it didn't make sense. This mod fixes that.

Please Haul Perishables
  • Colonists will give priority to hauling raw food and other items which deteriorate quickly, especially when it's raining.
  • They will try to find the best roofed place or cold place to store these things.
  • Colonists will also try to make it a priority to haul meals and animal food where it needs to go.

Randy Fix
  • Needs HugsLib.
  • Looks to see if Randy has the needed caravan targeting comp, if not, adds it.
  • This mod became obsolete because the bug was fixed in Alpha 17.

Silenced Tiny Bell: The bell which tells you when a minor mental break may occur is quieted.
Slower Onset Plague: Plague takes longer to kill (but is not obvious).

Sometimes Raids Go Wrong
  • Funny event mods for random storytellers.
  • Raiding parties can be afflicted by sudden rapid aging aka The Deadly Years.
  • Drop pods can malfunction leaving lots of downed raiders.
  • Raids can be torn apart by wargs.

This Might Take A While
  • Needs HugsLib
  • Increases base research cost for all research projects by a factor of 20.

Ugh You Got Me
  • Pawns will stop social fighting if they're badly hurt or in a lot of pain.
  • Masochists ignore pain when social fighting.
  • Bloodlusties will not stop social fighting until either their opponent gives in, dies, or is downed.

We Can't Hold Any More Of That: When you're running out of room for certain items, you'll know about it.
We're All Out Of That: When there's a lack of resources to build something, now you'll know about it.
Weed Cutter: Get rid of chokevine without ruining your grass.

joaonunes

Please check the link for the steam page, it has "%22http//" instead of "http://" so it won't open properly
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

v1.0.3 of Less Outdoor Cleaning was uploaded. Download link remains the same.

- Rock rubble (really any kind of filth which doesn't wash with rain but isn't produced by terrain) can now be cleared from terrain which produced filth.

SpaceDorf

Wow .. you just upped my modcount by a dozen ..

What does clear stockpiles do exactly ? The description is a bit lacking.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RemingtonRyder

It's for your kitchen, butchering and other work areas where you have items dropped on the floor. It keeps any stockpiles clear of items which do not belong. You can paint a stockpile which doesn't accept any items on the floor of a work area to make sure dropped items are hauled out of there.

I've amended the description accordingly. :)

SpaceDorf

Thank you :)

The about description was usefull enough, so I am allready using the mod :)

Great work, all of them ;)

I use them all, except Less Incident ( it's for puny weakling, and preA14 :) )
Door and Bell Noise ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RemingtonRyder

I've updated the top post. I won't be keeping a list of updated mods here any more, but you can see the up-to-date listing using the provided links.

Please check my Twitter or look on the RimWorld Discord for pre-releases of Alpha 18 unstable mods.

RemingtonRyder

Testing notes

While testing Combat Readiness Check with the most recent A18 unstable, I've observed that the equipment used by raiders doesn't improve too dramatically compared to tribals.

I've captured an autopistol and a revolver, neither of them in great condition, and it's been relatively easy to not just fend off the raiders but also make sure that their escape is cut off.

Obviously, difficulty setting will alter your experience, but so far my tribals seem to have had a fair match.

justhaze

hey marv,
testing your UghYouGotMe mod right now... sounds like just what i want from the description, so thanks for that! =)

ps: also rly interested for the clear stockpiles 18 update
good life!

RemingtonRyder

I tried doing Clear the Stockpiles for A17 but it didn't work. Hopefully with a new approach I can get it to work, but that'll take some time.

RemingtonRyder

Got a pre-release version of Hunting Restriction for A18 out for testing. As usual with pre-releases, look for it on the RimWorld Discord or on my Twitter.

lperkins2

If it wouldn't be too hard to do, adding a short delay to the warg spawning from sometimes raids go wrong might not be a bad idea.  While it is somewhat amusing to see the space age raiders in power armour with fully automatic weapons get torn to bits, it seems a bit unreasonable.  Even having the wargs spawn 5-10 tiles away would make a big difference, since it would mostly prevent the raiders from grenading themselves 2 seconds into the fight. 

Even spawning 10 tiles away wouldn't usually save the raiders, but it would slightly decrease the 'hey free stuff!' factor of the mod.

RemingtonRyder

It's possible. I'm planning to add some more things to the mod anyway.