[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

You're welcome. :)

I've got a couple of things I'm going to add to Sometimes Raids Go Wrong and then hopefully it'll get a proper release for B18.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: bigheadzach on December 12, 2017, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 11, 2017, 03:20:53 PMI wonder if the "Allow Tool" mod will quickly allow you to select all blighted plants. If not, probably would be an excellent suggestion for that mod if it's possible.

As much as I would love to see that added to Allow Tool, I wonder if part of the intended challenge of dealing with blight is the searching for signs of it, much like the real-world crisis would entail. It almost feels like that it's part of the challenge, especially for plants where the green blends in.

Compared to other Allow Tool niceties like "mine the entire vein" and "pick up every item of this kind", which both seem to be straightforward visually.

But I'd still love to see the option.

Hmm. Yeah, I may agree with you. Will have to think on that for a bit.

wwWraith

Quote from: bigheadzach on December 12, 2017, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 11, 2017, 03:20:53 PMI wonder if the "Allow Tool" mod will quickly allow you to select all blighted plants. If not, probably would be an excellent suggestion for that mod if it's possible.

As much as I would love to see that added to Allow Tool, I wonder if part of the intended challenge of dealing with blight is the searching for signs of it, much like the real-world crisis would entail. It almost feels like that it's part of the challenge, especially for plants where the green blends in.

Compared to other Allow Tool niceties like "mine the entire vein" and "pick up every item of this kind", which both seem to be straightforward visually.

But I'd still love to see the option.
If someone wants such challenge, they can simply not use that function. I personally think about it in a way that it's my colonists who have Grower skill, not me, and it's their challenge to search for blight. Like I don't have to be a sharpshooter irl and to manually aim my colonists' weapons.

The reason I think this mod may be more appropriate for suggested functions is because I think AllowTool is oriented more on "big" scale (like "find all steel") while WeedCutter deals with specific parameter ("find plants only with movement reduction cost"), probably providing a good base to implement other checks more easily.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

RemingtonRyder

Hunting Restriction updated today to v1.1.9 "No dancing in the ring of fire."

- Hunters that kill a boomalope or boomrat will not collect the corpse.
- You can check a box in the mod settings menu so that they do corpse collection despite risk of conflagrating.

Canute

- Hunters that kill a boomalope or boomrat will not collect the corpse.
Can't you improve the handling, so the hunter extinguish the fire to reach the corpse ?
When i mark a boom-animal for hunting i want the corpse mosttimes, and not to cause forestfires.

RemingtonRyder

Sure. Give me a team of C# programmers and testers and we'll figure it out. ;)

I did give it a try, but apparently it isn't quite as easy as I thought.

In the meantime, why not get the Extinguisher mod and have a drafted pawn following the hunter, ready to douse the flames? Or, hunt boomalopes only when it's raining.

Canute

frenchiveruti

RemingtonRyder

I would, but the system is only as good as its weakest link. That would be me remembering to update ModSync.xml and manually sync it on the ModSync Ninja website. Other modders would have a much easier time because they use Github, which is a way of automating the process.

Why don't I use Github? I've never figured out how to use it for mod releases, and I already have a system which works.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: MarvinKosh on December 13, 2017, 02:22:23 PM
I would, but the system is only as good as its weakest link. That would be me remembering to update ModSync.xml and manually sync it on the ModSync Ninja website. Other modders would have a much easier time because they use Github, which is a way of automating the process.

Why don't I use Github? I've never figured out how to use it for mod releases, and I already have a system which works.

If I'm honest with you, Github even allows you to keep everything updated without even opening a web browser, just a folder in your PC, and a simple command.
There's a lot of tutorials on how to get even "basically" going, and the release tags are very useful both for you and the user.
But it's ok! I wish you had ModSync to make that mod and yours better, the more modders are into it, more people will use it, and as more people use it, more modders will join it!

Also: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34447.msg384963#msg384963

ajaviide

Hello i wanted to ask about Combat Readiness Check mod before starting new colony.
I lastly played in A16 and had a mod made for personal use, with difficult setting of extreme exept raids, raids where medium difficulty. It was perfect for me, i still  got all mental brakes, slower crops and stuff like that, but raids where smaller so i didnt had to build killboxes. Does this mod have similar effect ? And how much can you feel the effect if you play on extereme difficulty?

Im mostly enjoy survival aspects of the game currently, starting with 1 pawn with nothing and using mods like seeds please and tribal stuff. So raids get too large if caravan dies on my map or i accumulate to much food etc. Was looking for a mod to fix that because i dont enjoy other buffs(expet smaller raids) of lower difficulties .

cheers
sry my english is bad.

RemingtonRyder

Combat Readiness Check alters the scaling of raids so that most types of item wealth are excluded from the calculation, and also takes into account the reduced capacities of your pawns caused by injuries.

Weapons and armour available to your colonists are considered in the calculation.

You can adjust some of the factors used in the calculation by opening the mod settings menu for Combat Readiness Check.

Modo44

Rapid aging seems to affect literally every raid I get. Either there's a bug, or the chance is waaay too high. It makes it next to impossible to recruit raiders, which breaks colony progression.

RemingtonRyder

Did you set the minimum and maximum roll to 1 in the settings? 'cause that would do it.

Otherwise, the chance is 1 in 20.

ESKOR

Hi all guys!
First, many thanks for your mods!!
I wanted to ask you about "Combat Readiness Check". Your mod can be config in options, but, for i can do this, i need to understand how the game works; then:
- I want that for raiders attacks only count the logical for me, the MILITAR aspect. If i have a weapon, shield, animal train in attack, torrets... ok, it is logical that they count, ok, ok, BUT, if i build for example, a room with a, i dont know, a tailor workbench and a lamp, WHY this things count for the raiders attack, if this things NOTHING to do in a battle?? this is, is not a advantage for me if i have a room with a workbench or other no-militar thing, but the game count this.---> This forces me that, to improve my base, first have to improve the military aspect, because as i do not first, I am dead, because my base wealth grows a lot, in no-militar aspect, but they, the attacks raiders yes, grow in militar aspect. For me this is no normal, your mod can fix this(and how config in mod settings) ?  thanks, and sorry for my english.....