[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

By default, only 0.15% of building wealth is used with the mod installed. In vanilla, 0.55% is used. So that's less than a third of the usual value.

So for example, you would need to build eight wooden hand tailoring benches to generate one raid point.

The reason why the mod isn't specific about the sort of buildings is because it's taking a general measure of how established the colony is. But unless you have a lot of expensive buildings, you probably won't have to worry about it.

If you really don't want building wealth to count at all, replace 1500 with 0 next to 'points per million building wealth' in the mod settings.

wwWraith

Quote from: ESKOR on January 06, 2018, 10:24:55 AM
if i build for example, a room with a, i dont know, a tailor workbench and a lamp, WHY this things count for the raiders attack, if this things NOTHING to do in a battle?? this is, is not a advantage for me if i have a room with a workbench or other no-militar thing, but the game count this.

I think the vanilla logic is decently realistic: if you have more wealth then more raiders will wish to come and steal it :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Modo44

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 06, 2018, 05:00:08 AM
Did you set the minimum and maximum roll to 1 in the settings? 'cause that would do it.
I didn't touch the settings. It's the default 1/20, but appears to be 1/1 in the raids I am getting.

ESKOR

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 06, 2018, 01:17:27 PM
By default, only 0.15% of building wealth is used with the mod installed. In vanilla, 0.55% is used. So that's less than a third of the usual value.

So for example, you would need to build eight wooden hand tailoring benches to generate one raid point.

The reason why the mod isn't specific about the sort of buildings is because it's taking a general measure of how established the colony is. But unless you have a lot of expensive buildings, you probably won't have to worry about it.

If you really don't want building wealth to count at all, replace 1500 with 0 next to 'points per million building wealth' in the mod settings.

AWESOME!!! Yes ok, i think 0.15% is a good value. Then, this mod for me is no important, is IMPRESCINDIBLE, and Ludeon should consider change his vanilla game with this wealth count system, because as this is now abusive i think. THANKS THANKS THANKS, and please, update this mod for future game updates pleaseeeeeeee

SpaceDorf

Hey Marvin, I was downloading all of your mods again and would like to suggest a QoL addition to your homepage.

Could you add the Date of your last update next to the link of the mod ?
This way I would know better which mods were updated lately and which weren't.

I have subscribed to the newsletter, but are not always willing to check my e-mails to recheck which mod was updated exactly.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RemingtonRyder

I'd love to, but the plugin I'm using for downloads isn't easy to mod. :/

SpaceDorf

That sucks.. but thanks for the answer.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RemingtonRyder

Hi guys.

So I'm aware that there is a site which distributes copy-pasta versions of my Steam Workshop mods.

Previously, this was a minor annoyance. I left a comment asking that they link to my site instead, they changed it, but only for that mod. Oh, fine. It's not like the user experience is really impaired, and if they want the most up-to-date version of my mod it's just a Google search away, right?

Fast-forward to today. All of my released mods are enrolled in ModSync. However, ModSync Ninja only works when the mod folder name is the same as the original. Whoever submits my mods to the site obviously doesn't care enough to make sure that the folder name is the same so that ModSync Ninja works, even though the ModSync.xml file is right there. Result: some people don't know if I fixed something, possibly they don't even think that the mod works with ModSync Ninja.

Realistically, there's not really much I can do about this. I could spend hours complaining about it, time which I could better put into mod development. All I can do is make you aware of the issue.

ridjack

Any word on 'Please Haul Perishables?'

RemingtonRyder

See further down for the latest test version of Please Haul Perishables for B18.

ridjack

Amazing, thank you! I'll let you know if I run into any issues I can believably trace back to it.

wwWraith

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 19, 2018, 08:17:58 PM
Here's the latest test version of Please Haul Perishables for B18
If I remember correctly, earlier there was a setting for the threshold to leave the items with low hp left unhauled. I don't like this default behavior because with Mending I'd often prefer to get even tattered items to mend it later (maybe even prioritize them before items that won't deteriorate/spoil soon), so I'd like to see mod options for it.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

RemingtonRyder

Nope, there never has been such a setting. Also, if the apparel is under a roof already, it will only be hauled by the default (low priority) hauling routine. If it isn't under a roof and you don't want it hauled, just forbid it, or set a minimum HP requirement on your apparel stockpile.

wwWraith

RemingtonRyder

Here's a new version of Please Haul Perishables for B18.

This one fixes an error that would occur when playing with the Biomes! mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wayvy38xoc8hn59/MarvsPleaseHaulPerishables139_TEST.zip?dl=0