[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

In case you haven't seen it already, Thet's doing a modded RimWorld Beta 18 series. One of the mods he's using is Sometimes Raids Go Wrong, so if you want to see his reaction to a raid going wrong you should check out episode 59 and 60 in particular.

zaikman

Does the less annoying UI sounds not work with existing saves? At least that's the conclusion I've drawn after installing the mod

RemingtonRyder

It should work just fine. There may be another mod conflicting.

RemingtonRyder

Hey guys,

Here's another test version of Please Haul Perishables, this time with Extended Storage support. Let me know how it performs.

Download from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zekeeqpkhfcdb08/MarvsPleaseHaulPerishables140_TEST.zip?dl=0

RemingtonRyder

Just so you know, I've encountered the lag with the Extended Storage & Please Haul Perishables combo that I've been told about, but I haven't really got a reliable set of reproduction steps yet. Testing continues.

Canute

Curious, i use Extended storage nearly at all of my colonies and never encounter any lag about this.
Ok, i didn't used Please Haul Perishables much so far.
But maybe people forget the storages from "Extended storage" only got one input field, and one someone is allready hauling something to that spot it becomes locked.
When now 3-4 hauler try to haul the new raw potatos you just harvested to just 2-3 storages and don't have other stockpiles for them, i think that may cause the lag.

RemingtonRyder

Maybe, I don't know. That's why I'm still testing to find the cause. :)

RemingtonRyder

Hey guys,

In case you haven't seen, I have a test version of Hunting Restriction for B18 which has options to enable melee hunting.

Download from Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i753j675yv9n6vu/MarvsHuntingRestriction121_TEST.zip?dl=0

v1.2.1 "Sod this shooting lark, I'm going in until I can see the whites of their eyes" test version.

- Adds melee hunting as an option (defaults to off for small, medium, big creatures).
- Adds predator hunting as an option (defaults to off, safer).

Known issues:
- You won't see a reason why melee hunting can't be done if ALL melee hunting is turned off.
- Even with hunting of predators enabled, hunters with ranged weapons will not attack sleeping predators. This is intended behaviour.
- The alert telling you that a hunter lacks a ranged weapon has not been changed and will still appear and incorrectly tell you that you can't hunt with melee.
- Melee hunters will continue to flee as usual if their combat mode is set to flee and the target animal starts fighting back. This may be what you want. If not, set their combat mode to fight.

Canute

Very nice mellee hunting ! :-)

Sarge

No B18 for Please Haul Perishables?

Say there is one... please? So much please. I might have a hissy-fit if I have to keep micromanaging my food into storage.

RemingtonRyder

Scroll up six or seven posts. :)

I haven't done an official B18 release of the mod because of some performance issues. I'm going to work on a slimmed-down version which doesn't do so many checks.

Sarge

Oooh tyvm. I feel a bit like a dumbass despite looking on your releases page.

RemingtonRyder

Don't worry about it.

The slimmed-down version is coming along nicely, about to test it.

One rookie mistake which I fixed is that originally, every cell in a stockpile is checked to see whether it is under a roof. Instead, I now just check to see if one cell is inside an enclosed room, because stockpiles are always contiguous and therefore in the same room, so it's a quicker check.

This does mean that if there is no room in indoor stockpiles, perishables will be hauled as general items instead even if there are roofed areas which would work, but that's a fair compromise.

Chaos17

Hi,

I visited your website to download manually your mods but I didn't saw that one: "Please Haul Perishables"
Could you please upload it on your website too?

RemingtonRyder

I have not done an official release of Please haul Perishables for B18. Only test versions are available. This one is the latest:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93xuwalvndhedwb/MarvsPleaseHaulPerishables142_TEST.zip?dl=0

v1.4.2 disables some of the storage checks and improves efficiency by looking for indoor rooms rather than roofed cells. There are cases where a roofed area without any enclosing walls would be fine for storing perishables, but for the sake of improving performance, only indoor warehouses will be targets for perishables hauling.

Further performance improvements may follow in future test releases.

When I have a release which doesn't cause performance issues, then it will go on the website.