[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Merudo on January 08, 2019, 04:31:42 AM
Please Haul Perishables: caught exception, Megasloth meat x40 has null room : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at PleaseHaulPerishables.ModdedStoreUtil.TryFindBestBetterStoreCellFor

What's going on? Can I ignore these errors?

It seems like you're using an old version of the mod. Please update to v1.5.2 :)

RemingtonRyder

Less Incident Trolling (1.0)

v1.4.8 "Hey, My Room is Fine" test version

Changes some incidents so they happen less often, alters the fraction of colonists affected by disease, and alters some mental breaks and mental states so they aren't picked so often or end earlier than usual.

Solar Flare: minimum time to repeat is 95 days.
Toxic Fallout: Earliest day it can occur is day 60.
Heat Wave, Cold Snap: minimum time to repeat is 65 days.
Cold Snap: Earliest it can occur is day 40.

Outbreaks of the vanilla game diseases will affect a smaller number of colonists. It used to be up to half of your colonists, now it's a third instead.

Adds some preconditions for mental breaks.

• Food binging can only happen when a colonist is starving.
  • Drug binging can only happen when a colonist's chemical needs are low.
  • Colonists can only wander in their own room if it is clean, pretty and fairly spacious.

Allows some mental states to end earlier than usual.

• Psychotic wandering ends early if the colonists begins to starve.
  • Sad wandering ends early if the colonist is ravenously hungry.

Download from Dropbox (direct download): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pml0o7m3tmcfajj/MarvsLessIncidentTrolling148_R1_TEST.zip?dl=0

Lupin III

Please haul perishables leads to lag spikes for me where the game freezes for half a second or longer when a pawn tries to haul something. Is this dependent on how many stacks are on the map or how many stockpiles (or storage containers) there are?

RemingtonRyder

Actually shouldn't be that laggy any more. I did an optimisation on it so that the lists of things to be hauled are generated less frequently. Are you running the latest version?

Lupin III

I'm using 1.5.2 R1 I think, the one you get from the download link right now. At the time when that happened I had pretty much removed all other mods that changed something about hauling and stacks. There were only mods left that added storage objects like rimfridge and deep storage (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47707.0). The latter one adds storage that does multistacking on the same tile. Could that cause an issue?

RemingtonRyder

That could be the issue. I'll have to take a look at that mod and see if I can adjust Please Haul Perishables accordingly. Thanks!

Asteyr

Hi there,
I was looking for a 1.0 version of "Less Annoying UI Sounds" - after quite some searching for a mod that does tone down the alarm sound of the game I really really hope it is out there already and I am just to stupid to find the secret github link or something. :)

RemingtonRyder

The B18 version of the mod should work in 1.0 - I just haven't had time to test and release it again.

RemingtonRyder

By the way, I had a look at Deep Storage. It's not going to be as easy as I thought to add compatibility for Please Haul Perishables. tbh, I have a vague idea, that's about it. Sorry.

RemingtonRyder

Hey folks.

Just so you know, I'm not planning on doing much with my RimWorld mods for a while.

Partly, it's just that I need a break, and have been taking a break for a while now. But also, I found that increasingly I spent more of my modding time not actually adding anything that I wanted, but trying to do this or that thing that someone else wanted.

I also find that I'm not really equal to the task of making my mods compatible with other mods, because a) there's a lot of mods out there, and b) the process of making them compatible is actually way beyond my understanding at times.

So, I'm going to post the source for a lot of my mods and let other people tackle compatibility issues if they want to, so that I can level up my understanding at my own pace instead of trying to cram it all into my underlevelled brain. ;)

Thanks for using my mods. I know that they bring you a lot of fun and in some cases, sanity. I'll be around, just, doing other things. :)

Tenshi~Akari

Thank you for the hard work you put into your mods, you just don't know how much they were needed on my end.  ;) Hoping your pursuits in other things you want goes well!

Roolo

I'm looking forward to seeing the source code released. If you release the code, I can fix the problem involving Sometimes Raids go Wrong overwriting the raid functionality. A lot of people are missing hacked mechs and mounts in their raids now, while the fix is something I'd be able to pull off pretty quickly.

RemingtonRyder

Source is finally released. See top post.

Bar0th

Sad to see you go, hopefully you return at some point.  I use several of your mods, so hopefully if/when someone takes over they do as good of a job as you.  I read your comment on "Ugh You Got Me", and I agree.  People should not be expecting fixes if they can't even take the time to post a log so that you can see potential mod incompatibilities (even when there are no error messages shown in said log).  Myself, I've never had compatibility issues, and things work as intended (though I usually don't add extra races).

RemingtonRyder

Maybe after I clock up 2600 hours in Oxygen Not Included I'll be like 'hmm, you know, this is good, but I kind of need to play some RimWorld.' :D