A new type of ending (Thriving City)

Started by poolday, February 13, 2017, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolday

I think there should be a different ending besides escaping the planet or loosing, for the players that would like to stay in the rimworld after forming a bond with the planet. 
Perhaps to make a thriving city. And how to achieve this? Look at Alexandria. They had a library with all the knowledge about the world at that time that you can imagine.
Perhaps the objective could be to collect missing books or scrolls or unique technology from other cultures/factions and in old ruins in the world to make your own library about that rimworld. So you will have to travel, trade, and protect them until you complete the library or museum.
I don't know if this goes too far from the Rimworld atmosphere but is an idea of finding collectibles and sounds fun to me.

Greenbear

I think this is a great idea. These scrolls, hidden around the map, would either:

• open up a new research branch for ancient technology that otherwise wouldn't pop up, like cryptocaskets healing permanent injuries, auto lights or other suggestions found here in the forum
or
  • show you the exact location on the world map of a very rare/important other scroll (only a few hexagons away)
Maybe as soon as you found 20 of these scrolls, your colony would be considered a city and desired destination for other researchers, travellers etc, so you win the game.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

+1 This idea for I love making huge colonies and dominating the planet. Usually 1 massive city then 4 resupply outposts across the planet.