Linux russian language

Started by tamzatumanami, February 13, 2017, 02:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamzatumanami

Hello. I use archlinux, but on the UBUNTU 16.04 I have same problem.

When i print in russian language in any window it is Arabic instead of Cyrillic
So. Because of this problem, i can't use any search in game, or create my own save in cyrillic.
I am already have русский язык in other application and have this problem only in the rimworld.
How can i write properly cyrillic?

https://i.gyazo.com/17bfffc7664aea19aafa42eea1bb6b2e.png screen

Ark

How very strange! I'm running Mint, an Ubuntu derivate. I switched keyboard to Russian, and recreated the issue.
The game saves and loads properly with the filename in Arabic.
You can also copy-paste Cyrillic text from a text editor to the save name field, and it saves and loads it properly with Cyrillic letters.
I tried it with A14 as well, and it did the same thing, so this is not a new issue.
Surely you cannot be the only person playing RimWorld on Linux with Russian keyboard layout...

On 0.16.1393 rev546 Linux 64bit, no mods:
Pressing key "a" with Russian keyboard layout should output (all characters may not render properly on browser)
а
U+0430 CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER A
UTF-8: 0xD0 0xB0
UTF-16: 0x0430
C octal escaped UTF-8: \320\260
XML decimal entity: а

but instead it outputs
ہ
U+06C1 ARABIC LETTER HEH GOAL
UTF-8: 0xDB 0x81
UTF-16: 0x06C1
C octal escaped UTF-8: \333\201
XML decimal entity: ہ

Changing keyboard layout to Arabic, and pressing key "a" should output
ش
U+0634 ARABIC LETTER SHEEN
UTF-8: 0xD8 0xB4
UTF-16: 0x0634
C octal escaped UTF-8: \330\264
XML decimal entity: ش

and it actually outputs
ה
U+05D4 HEBREW LETTER HE
UTF-8: 0xD7 0x94
UTF-16: 0x05D4
C octal escaped UTF-8: \327\224
XML decimal entity: ה

There may be something weird with how RimWorld/Unity/Mono handles non-latin characters.
Can anyone confirm being able to type in Russian in RimWorld on Linux, or are all Russian players using Windows?

tamzatumanami

Quote from: Ark on February 13, 2017, 03:04:59 PM
How very strange! I'm running Mint, an Ubuntu derivate. I switched keyboard to Russian, and recreated the issue.
The game saves and loads properly with the filename in Arabic.
You can also copy-paste Cyrillic text from a text editor to the save name field, and it saves and loads it properly with Cyrillic letters.
Yes, of course i know. But it is works strange too: firstly it is past last copy, then what you need. I mean, you cannot use copy paste immediately. So, i use it sometimes but it is not convenient.

Quote from: Ark on February 13, 2017, 03:04:59 PM
There may be something weird with how RimWorld/Unity/Mono handles non-latin characters.
Can anyone confirm being able to type in Russian in RimWorld on Linux, or are all Russian players using Windows?
I can give link from HSK mod pack, there moderator have same problem. http://hardcore-sk.ru/threads/pravilnost-otobrazhenija-kirillicy-pod-ubuntu.239/ 
If remove all superfluous information from his post then he did
>При запуске с английской раскладкой - всё отлично работает, переключаюсь на русский, всё корректно печатается ...
>Launch the game with english layout then russian language works
I have wrote him and he said that it is not works anymore and he do not know how to fix it.

milon

There have been many oddities when the system language used a non-latin character set. I suspect this is more of the same thing, or at least related.

tamzatumanami

milon

Thanks for the reminder. I think it's a bug, either with RimWorld or else with the Unity engine.

Moving this to Bugs.

tamzatumanami

Yes you are right, it is unity bug. Caz I have in other unity games same thing.

ison

Okay, if it's an Unity bug then I'm not sure there's much we can do other than updating Unity and hoping the issue is gone. Thanks for reporting.