Texture pack

Started by Renham, April 14, 2014, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

Best textures ever. Keep them coming. also id like to have your sample of the metal and stone walls please. I'll post my colony screenshots tomorrow! :)

joeyeti

My take:

Amazing idea, but I personally would define the edges more and lose some detail on the bigger objects (as was already suggested).

I am all for bringing realism into the game, but this has to be "stylistic realism", where all components of the game match. So if you make ALL of the game graphics in this style, it might work in the end! But as much of the game is played zoomed out anyway, all the details then lose their purpose somehow...

The ones that stand out for me are:

Solar Panels

• there I would change the color to dark blue-ish, as I believe that is the color that solar panels use
  • also, I think I have not seen "uneven" solar panels, but rather all of them having the same components, e.g. your interpretation might me more of an artistic one, so if you want them like that, very well...
Research table

• this one is unnecessarily complex and should not stand out that much between all the other "moderately complex" art around it
  • you can stay with the green color, but maybe a simpler grid like on this "cutting mat" image would do? http://thefussycut.com/images/cutting_mats/RM-CG.jpg

Renham

not quite for now, I will finish this soon I made some progress but I couldnt report any since I lost my internet conection for some days, so very soon I will show you the latest progress for the texturepack and some re editions.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

mrofa

Check them on one zoom out from closest view, i did few textures that look nice on closest but one or more zoom out they look like blurred puddle of something. You can try to resize to a 2x bigger size, in some cases this fix the problem with flickering details. And make make moar!
Love them :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Renham

holy crap today is my birthday... totally forgot about it, now im forced to eat some cake!, so this will take a little longer than it was intended to.

be right back with more textures =)

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Renham on May 04, 2014, 01:36:49 AM
holy crap today is my birthday... totally forgot about it, now im forced to eat some cake!, so this will take a little longer than it was intended to.

Happy B-day  ;)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

iame6162013

Quote from: Renham on May 04, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

Happy B-day :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

mrofa

Renham

Thanks guys... ouch ate too much cake too fast... and some other things.. I think im going to blow up. unless I... must burn some  doing some stuff, so lets create moar stuff!!!

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Renham on May 04, 2014, 09:32:55 PM
Thanks guys... ouch ate too much cake too fast... and some other things.. I think im going to blow up. unless I... must burn some  doing some stuff, so lets create moar stuff!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w9DiGlZksU&feature=kp
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: joeyeti on April 28, 2014, 08:23:50 AM
The ones that stand out for me are:

Solar Panels

• there I would change the color to dark blue-ish, as I believe that is the color that solar panels use
  • also, I think I have not seen "uneven" solar panels, but rather all of them having the same components, e.g. your interpretation might me more of an artistic one, so if you want them like that, very well...

I agree with the dark-blue color, I think the blue is too light for solar panels by any imagination. However I do like his interpretation of the solar panels. If they were slightly darker they would actually like quite realistic for space-based solar panels and I also think it gives it a more realistic feel without going into TOO much detail. I like the overall feel of the mod but I think maybe the brightness could be toned down just a smidge on many of the textures... Feels a little TOO bright for rimworld... Im just going from the screenshots, may change my mind when you release and I can play with them :) [/list]

Renham

the patch will be released a week after alpha 4 to include in it all the new content.

Sion

Quote from: Renham on April 19, 2014, 12:21:38 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img835/9031/kmo0.png

It looks like there are Light sabers handles that lies in the bottom right corner of the Research table :D
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

mrofa

Quote from: Renham on May 29, 2014, 01:58:35 AM
the patch will be released a week after alpha 4 to include in it all the new content.

Thats like forever X_X

iame6162013

stupid alpha 4 release date :|
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."