Culture (Social Interaction Idea)

Started by Kenneth79, February 14, 2017, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth79

First of all, I would like to apologize for giving out idea on your update blog. I barely found this out...
Anyway here is my idea:

I have an idea for next update. Holiday/event system would go perfectly with procreation. Holidays or events, that you can assign on certain times or is triggered relative to time. Preferably it would be more awesome to assign the event or Holiday. This gives the opportunity to combat bad moods and brings more value into the game in terms of falling in love with Rimworld because you create history. Time in the game becomes more precious and historic considering the "event/holiday tab" can be used to value a ceremony of dead colonists, commemorate a beloved colonist hero, anniversary of crash landing, Christmas, Halloween, etc. It brings about culture in the game and I truly believe it would be an awesome feature if implemented: it builds in more story element. In terms of procreation, the event/holiday tab in the game would be fitting of human procreation considering at this point, time in the game has value and is structured enough. Along with human procreation an event/holiday tab would give emphasis of culture, variety of social interaction, and tradition. I hope this idea reaches Tynan.

sensiman

i wouldn't mind seeing "party" events tied to this idea!!
Although the use of the term "procreation" baffles me. mind you, i enjoy a tumble under the sheets or onto the hay or on top of grass (you name it).....
But would the world "recreation" be a better substitute? just saying... :)