[A16] Must have Mods, for best Vanilla Experience

Started by schlauewurst, February 14, 2017, 03:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schlauewurst

Best Mods
for Vanillaplayers.
I've made a list with all the Must have Mods, hope you like it ;)

Mod                                               Author                Description
Autoclose Event NotificationsDingoAutoclose Event Notifications. Pretty usefull. This mod requires HugsLib to be installed. Load HugsLib before this mod in your load order.
I Can Fix It!ZorbaTHutDestroyed buildings will now leave behind a construction ghost, meaning that your builders will automatically rebuild things once they get a chance. Also, due to how bright construction plans are, it'll be a lot easier to see what's been destroyed.
BlueprintsFluffyCopy and paste whole rooms
Smart SpeedAlcoholVAllows the use of ultra fast speed and changing event speed multiplier.
Trading Spottheubie
You can control now where traders stop when they visit your colony.
Better PathfindingZhentar
Vanilla pawns have a tendency to make some... odd... decisions when finding their way to their destination. Like going out of their way to avoid those nice, fast paths you built to slowly trudge through dirt, snow, and debris. Better Pathfinding brings an end to that, teaching pawns (friend and foe alike) to take sane, near-optimal paths - while trying to keep performance near Vanilla.
Old researchmenuskyarkhangel
Simply does what it says.
Prepare CarefullyEdB
Customize your RimWorld colonists, choose your gear and prepare carefully for your crash landing.  Save your setup as a preset so that you can start your game the same way later.
Smarter food selectionWishmaster
This mod improves the food selection for prisoners, tame animals and visitors.

All Credits to the Modders
List made by Schlauewurst

grinch

i add caravan spot, defensive positions and the one for mass forbid/unforbid (dont remember exact name)

SpaceDorf

Allow Tool
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17218.0

And I concur ..

Everything from Fluffy, Zorba and Ubie, as long as it does not change game mechanics.

MineItAll, the new VeinMiner.

Zhentars Vanilla Tweaks & Fixes

Where is the Rich Soil by AlcoholV ( just makes the soil darker, better to see )

and of course : the Megatherium and Xerigium rename Mods
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Mod                       Author               DescriptionImage
Allow ToolUnlimitedHugsMass unforbid everything across the map. Quality of Life improvement during game start, and makes it reasonable to choose not to unforbid some things while your colonists are busy, until later.
PathAvoidVendanPath Avoid allows you to "nudge" the pathfinding system for your pawns, to make them prefer and avoid different areas.
Smart SpeedAlcoholVAllows the use of ultra fast speed and changing event speed multiplier. Can also ignore speed slowdowns.
Quality BuilderHattiWith QualityBuilder you are able to set a minimum quality you want on a Object you want to build. If the finished object does not meet your minimum quality requirements, it will get deconstructed and replaced in same position until it does.
JTReplaceWallsJamestecReplace wall type and doors on the fly. No need to deconstruct and then build another. Features smart building where it won't try to replace walls that are already that type.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh