Social Titles

Started by Kenneth79, February 14, 2017, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth79

What would be interesting? How about titles that can be assigned in Rimworld. Right now we have a task system and history of profession of colonist. So why not have the option to give titles to certain colonist. Titles as in a colonist leader, colonist educator, or colonist preacher. Assigning titles gives more story and complexity in the game. A colonist leader forms an idea of who is in charge of the civilization: merely adds a political side of Rimworld. An educator can be an optional thing that teaches colonists for tasks .I.e. instead of shooting at things randomly to gain shooting skills maybe colonists are taught by a teacher. A colonist preacher, or any religion, has the potential of giving people a mood boost. Adding this of course needs an event tab, which I have explained previously. Events can be assigned just like restriction on work and sleep days. Maybe in some times or certain days of the week some colonists are assigned to teach it learn or go worship. Just food for thought....

Limdood

you CAN already change someone's nickname (which is what shows up on the screen).  So you can name your grower "Mendel," your artist "Picasso," etc.  Or use terms like "recruiter," "farmer," and "Architect"

Kenneth79

What I mean to say is more complexity within the task menu. Leader, teacher, etc.... Changing their history...Biography

SpaceDorf

It is also more usefull than only changing the nickname,

since the jobtitle shows in nearly all colonist related tabs and has absolutely no use whatsoever
for making informed decission on this pawn.

I don't care if the pawn was a artist, sherriff, blacksmith or glitterworld buttplug ..

I want to know which role he has in my colony.
It should not be to hard to add a third option under backstory .. add a variable which contains the current job-title, which then can be changed like the Nickname ..
Displayed in the line beneath the name ..

Bruce "Batman" Wayne

Male "Dark Knight" of Gotham, 44 ( 2512 )

Backstory:
Scared Child
Billionar Playboy
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

postm00v

Agree wholeheartedly. Actually suggested this myself some time ago : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28068.msg284671#msg284671

Lurmey

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 15, 2017, 04:23:30 PM
I don't care if the pawn was a artist, sherriff, blacksmith or glitterworld buttplug ..

I want to know which role he has in my colony.
It should not be to hard to add a third option under backstory .. add a variable which contains the current job-title, which then can be changed like the Nickname ..

+1 I like the sound of this! There definitely should be childhood, adulthood and current. I'd love to be able to assign each of my colonists with a job title or role. I suggested this as a mod once before, and Fluffy responded with a very good idea, let me get the link to that thread.

Here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30532.0