more planet charecter/animals

Started by dakenho, February 14, 2017, 11:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakenho

one of the things i would like to see is more character to the planet, an easy way to do this could be regular astronomical events, ie comets, meteor showers, hurricanes, things that can happen in regular, predictable seasons.   Another easy option would be to ad a migratory animal, the rare thunder thing is a nice touch but what about a large herd of penguins (or alpha beavers) that have a set migration time/path,  for something like penguins they could migrate to the far north every year to lay their eggs(which players could raid) (this would be a great food source for those who choose the ice shelf challenge as well), this means the animals will not be seen in certain areas during certain times of the year but will be seen in large quantities in other areas.  This behavioral pattern can impact other things, for instance maybe muffalo are highly aggressive between late spring and early summer during their rut.

O Negative

I like the idea of seasons effecting more things with respect to animal behavior. I would also like to see seasonal behavior changes (aggression, for instance). I can't say how much I like the idea of migrations, though. It would seem like a misuse of cpu power to simulate that kind of thing on the world. I could be wrong though.

Nuss

Migratory animals are a great idea!
I'd also like to see more different types of animals, and also more exotic ones. In the long run planets should be more different from eachother in terms of flora and fauna, even if intentional terraforming makes similarities more plausible.