UI Goodies WE really really want

Started by SpaceDorf, February 16, 2017, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

And another I should have thought of years ago :

4d.) Add a Priority Option to Growing Zones, like the Stockpiles, to set which Zone is more important
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jstank

A button to permenatly assign a weapon to a specific colonist (much like forced outfit)
A global button to assign colonists to re-equip those weapons (The button would also auto un forbid those specific weapons)

If there is a mod for this PLEASE let me know!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

jpinard

Please add this to your list:  An "Assign to All" button for clothing so we don't have to click every single pawn's outfit, then click the new one etc 20-30x every time you need to change outfits when you have a larger base ie. going from heatwave to combat, or cold snap to normal, back and forth infinitum.  I'd also like this button to apply med/drug profiles etc.  Please see this thread for discussion: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30711.0

SpaceDorf

Quote from: jpinard on February 21, 2017, 05:56:01 PM
Please add this to your list:  An "Assign to All" button for clothing so we don't have to click every single pawn's outfit, then click the new one etc 20-30x every time you need to change outfits when you have a larger base ie. going from heatwave to combat, or cold snap to normal, back and forth infinitum.  I'd also like this button to apply med/drug profiles etc.  Please see this thread for discussion: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30711.0

Included ..
Also ... wish granted
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26618.0

Quote from: Jstank on February 21, 2017, 05:04:03 PM
A button to permenatly assign a weapon to a specific colonist (much like forced outfit)
A global button to assign colonists to re-equip those weapons (The button would also auto un forbid those specific weapons)
If there is a mod for this PLEASE let me know!

Included ..

sorry .. as soon as I know .. I will tell :)

Jstank

a MACRO tool so you can build your own button
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

VouLT

Btw, regarding "1c.) Options to assign Outfits and Drug Policies to all/multiple pawns at once ( jpinard )", I have a mod exactly for this.. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=775061248

SpaceDorf

Thanks for reading and promoting, I know you do, and I allready use it to great succes :)

And I suggested your mod to others in another thread :)
I am also thinking about linking mods with fitting features in the main post, but I don't have the time for it at the moment ..

Swat_Raptor

a button for allowed area to let you paint the entire map. for when you want them to be allowed everywhere except a few off limits areas.

Jovus

Quote from: Swat_Raptor on February 24, 2017, 08:24:47 AM
a button for allowed area to let you paint the entire map. for when you want them to be allowed everywhere except a few off limits areas.

That exists already.

You paint the area you want to exclude, then hit the 'invert' button in 'Manage Areas'.

Hans Lemurson

Hotkey to toggle the beauty display cursor!  I dislike hunting for the small icon when I want the distracting numbers to go away after I've seen what I want.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

PetWolverine

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 16, 2017, 10:43:39 AM
3a.) A Button which changes a animal area into a people area and back.

How about two checkboxes for each area in the list, one for colonists and one for animals. This way we could create custom areas that could be used for both, similar to the Unrestricted setting and the Home area. Admittedly making it possible to have neither box checked is a little odd, but it would be a way to sort of disable an area while saving it for future use.

Unchecking "colonists" when there are colonists assigned to the area would just change those colonists to unrestricted, and the same for animals (I assume the same happens now if you delete an area). Getting a little more elaborate, maybe the list should indicate how many colonists and how many animals are assigned to each area, which would prevent accidentally removing an area that's in use (and also count my chickens for me).

Dorian

An option for slightly larger menu bar on the bottom and larger speed controls to make playing on tablets easier. This game is so much fun on a tablet except for the tiny buttons...

Ford_Prefect

Make it so we don't have to manually set the schedule for a nightowl to work at night.
Show who is a nightowl on the schedule page.
Show sex of animal next to them on trade/caravan menus.
Show which animals have a bond on trade menus.
Have an option to not show bonded animals on trade menus.

Lav

There's currently an Architect tool to mass-cancel. It would be great to have similar tools to mass-forbid and mass-unforbid.
Good story is what happens when you failed your planning.