[A12] Throwing Knives - Specializations!

Started by CB elite, August 23, 2015, 04:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Throwing Knives

Extremely simple mod which adds 3 throwing knives (each has its own specialization).

You can choose to use these weapons at range, or up close and personal.

You can create these out of steel, much like a shiv or regular knife.

Enemy pawns can spawn with these, but I am uncertain as to how the AI will take advantage of two verbs on its own.

I'm not the greatest artist, but I hope these textures are decent enough for a mod this simple/small.

How To Use These

When a colonist equipped with a throwing knife is drafted, you should notice two designators at the bottom of your screen, and here's what they do:

B = Ranged Attack
H = Melee Attack

Download

Alpha 12 : Version 1.1

Why Did I Create This?

I just wanted to post a small mod real quick to get some modding minds going.
I don't have a whole lot of time to expand on this because of the other mod that I'm currently working on,
but I think it would be really interesting to see mods like Combat Realism
and the many weapons mods to incorporate weapons with two verbs (one melee, and one ranged).

Anyways, enjoy!

License
CC Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Exception
Please, do not include this mod in any modpacks. Thank you.

Tormound

Interesting idea, hope people make guns with bayonets and stuff to use this kind of mechanic.

FridayBiology

@CB Elite : First off, those knives look awesome in game, Great job

Can i ask/suggest that maybe change aim time to accommodate accuracy of throwing for the different knives as my OCD refuses to agree that they're the same object just different look.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

CB elite

@Tormound - Yeah, I'm hoping to see something similar :)

@Ferifec - Most certainly. I already had planned to give each one its own pro/con list when I designed their textures.
For instance, the last texture you see in the first post appears to have a decent handle; this one will likely be better for melee than ranged combat.

I literally threw this mod together in a total of 1.5 hours, and it was more important to me to get this idea out there than to make the mod realistic at the time.
Plus, I had work not too long after posting :P

You'll see an update by the end of the day, most likely :)

CB elite

Update:

Each throwing knife has its own specialization now.

FridayBiology

love and happiness ... guessing work was fun :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology