[A11] Alpha Muffalo (1.8)

Started by Kirid, April 14, 2014, 09:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

Alpha Muffalo!

Description:
Adds large alpha muffalos to roam around.
350hp, and hit like a truck when mad.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in game.

Notes:
Semi-rare. Some maps may spawn several, some maps may spawn none.
  If you get none, some should come along eventually.
I give my permission to include this in any modpacks. Contact me if you plan to use or alter the code or art. Please give me credit in either case.

Art by shadowtajun.

Mods with incompatibility:
Anything that also alters the Biome.xml. Namely other animal mods.

Change Log:
1.0 - Added
1.1 - Updated for Alpha 4
        Reduced spawning a bit
1.2 - Updated for Alpha 5
1.3 - Updated for Alpha 6
1.4 - Updated to Alpha 7 (Thanks to skullywag!)
   1.4.1- Spawning fixed
1.5 - Updated to Alpha 8
   1.5.1- Spawning fixed
   1.5.2- Alphalos can now survive cold temps (Thanks to SC_Reaper)
1.6 - Updated to Alpha 9
1.7 - Updated to Alpha 10

1.8 - Updated to Alpha 11

[attachment deleted due to age]
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Psyckosama

Finally! An animal that fits the art style! :D

Are they aggressive when attacked?

Kirid

Yeah I've very pleased with how it turned out
I wish  :-\ Not sure how to do that..
That's a planned feature I suppose.
They should still get enraged though.

StalkerCZ

Ou yeah.  Another practic target for PA. Nice work! Did you plan any other beasts?
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Kirid

Quote from: StalkerCZ on April 15, 2014, 01:07:02 AM
Ou yeah.  Another practic target for PA. Nice work! Did you plan any other beasts?
Thanks. Muffalos do alright as being lame shooting targets I guess. I have several ideas and projects, but I never considered other beasts. Need to look into what interactions different animals have.. Eat food or get enraged, what else is there?

Kilroy232

This is really good, I also really like the texture.

You might want to consider making another version of the squirrel or something. I think that it would be too much to add more new animals but it would be great to have new variations on the exisiting ones

Kirid

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 16, 2014, 12:19:57 AM
This is really good, I also really like the texture.

You might want to consider making another version of the squirrel or something. I think that it would be too much to add more new animals but it would be great to have new variations on the exisiting ones
I'd like to do a version similar to this that retexures existing muffalo, smaller horns and normal size, though I'm not sure I can.
What other kind of squirrel are you thinking of?
I wouldn't mind making other animals, as long as the art fits.. Snakes and bears maybe.
I made some fly swarms, they work...well enough(not released :P).

Kilroy232

Well your texture for this mod its pretty impressive,  I doubt you would have any trouble with some other things. As for the actual ideas I am not sure because the shear number of squirrel and boom rat right now is really high and so I don't want more things running around. If you were to cut there numbers though new creatures would be awesome

Kirid

Heh well shadowtajun did the art..
The coding for the base game is awesome, makes it simple, adding more animals would directly cut down the boomrat/squirrel population.

<wildSpawn_EcoSystemWeight>0.2</wildSpawn_EcoSystemWeight>
This balances the whole thing. How much of each animal the ecosystem can hold. Even if you added 200 new animals, they wouldn't overpopulate the game, they would spawn within the limits of the ecosystem.

<wildSpawn_SelectionWeight>1</wildSpawn_SelectionWeight>
This just determines how often the given animal spawns, 1 is squirrels and boomrats, which is why there are so damn many. Alpha muffalo is at like 0.05

Kilroy232

In that case I would be happy to see some new animals and if you were looking for ideas I would suggest things like:

Wild Boar, wild dog, camel, meerkat or roadrunner. Or any thing listed here that you find interesting http://www.desertanimals.net/index.html

Tynan

This is awesome! I was planning on doing an animals expansion as well.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kirid

Rimworld has a strong old american west feel. While that does include some desert animals, it's mostly great plains, like the mbuffalo(technically bison).

Wild: Bear, boar, ram, elk, deer, moose, horse, frog/toad, snake(rattlesnake), lizards, scorpions, bobcat, lynx, coyote, wolf, mountain lion, beaver, skunk, porcupine, opossum, badger, rabbit, racoon, fox, mice, chipmunk, prairie dog, gopher, armadillo, roadrunner, owl, vulture, hawk, eagle, bat.
Domestic: Dog, sheep, cow, longhorn, horse, chicken, donkey/mule.

Whew, just kept finding more. Thanks, this definitely got me pointed in the right direction.

daft73

That's almost what I was about to suggest..desert themed critters. That fit's the game profile as it stands.. Here are a few to add to the list : jack rabbits, kangaroo rats, kangaroo mice, pocket mice, grasshopper mice, antelope ground squirrels and spiders.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Great so now not only is there muffalo going crazy on you now you got a tank with fur.....

Viceroy

Vanilla male muffaloes should look like this IMHO, great mod.
Dog goes moo!