Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

blambi

rizay

Dr. Z

I wanted to attach it to a post but I can't upload anymore  :-\
Prasie the Squirrel!

cheekyhen

Oh I want this! Dam 404.... You got a different link?

blambi

Now the link works, thanks for fixing it.

Dr. Z

If you generate a world without the mod and then activate it, will there be Alphalos? Or does it have to be active during world generation?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Kirid

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 16, 2014, 02:32:08 PM
If you generate a world without the mod and then activate it, will there be Alphalos? Or does it have to be active during world generation?
Yes that works :) Just tried it
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Dude1925

Is there any chance you can talk to ItchyFlea and see about making this compatible with his "Animal Hide Working" mod so we can make rugs and stuffed sculptures out of the alphas?

john pretzel

Very nice artwork. After playing many times in various biodomes, only today I saw these on my map  ::) yet, it was a great surprise to see these. Thanks for sharing  ;)

I also subscribe Dude1925's idea.

Koda Cakes

Kirid (and shadowtajun): I was wondering if I could alter this mod? Re-texture it and all. Of course both of your names would be on it. I converted your wonderful Alphalos into what my boyfriend calls "Muffalo Shaman". Picture an Alphalo reskinned as a wild cat but it is a shapeshifted druid!  ;D

So along with my request so use the mod, I was wondering if I could also get help in altering it? And seeing as you made it, I figured this was the best place to ask.

In the file called "Races_AlphaMuffalo" there is a part that says "<soundDeath>Pawn_Muffalo_Death... etc" Do you know what the full range of options is for the death sounds?

Also, there is another part of script that says "<dessicatedBodygraphicPath>Things/Pawn/Animal/MuffaloDessicated... etc" I would like to make it so that when my reskinned "Muffalo Shaman" (a shapeshifted druid) "die", they leave behind a human corpse instead of a muffalo corpse because the "shapeshift" has been broken. I hope I didn't word that in a confusing way.

More info on the mod I'm making: I was thinking the Muffalo Shaman could be very long lost tribes people who have gone a bit "feral" so to speak. Needing their stronger shapeshifted form to survive in the rough conditions has caused their once changeable form to become "stuck" in their shapeshifted form (druidic wild cat), only returning to human form upon death. They've been surviving amongst the indigenous Muffalo population acting as their protectors haha I mean there's Mechanoids and Space Pirates, why not shapeshifting druids?  ;)

Shinzy

Quote from: Koda Cakes on January 01, 2015, 01:33:40 AM~Snipsnaaap~

Heyoo! I like to stick my nose where it doesn't belong so here I am =P
You can see all the deathsounds in the Core "mod" ThingDefs -> and all the Races.xmls. Though from your text I'd guess you wanted to know the human death sound =P 'Pawn_Human_Death' <- all the death sounds follow the same formula! just need to replace the middle with the animal (for the most part, some of them share sounds and squirrels are called rodents so =P)

the body changing could be more complicated
you could ofcourse set the dessicated one to human but that's only for when they start to rot so =/
and I don't know if something like <BodygraphicPath> would even be a thing (you could always try!)
or have it drop Human_Corpse on death but then it'd leave two corpses aaand that wouldn't be ideal at all I guess ;D

*vanishes into the mist, leaving Kirid to answer for all the rest* poof!

(p.s I do like the backstory of your muffalo protectors =P )

Koda Cakes

Thank you Shinzy! I will go take a look at those files. And your guess was dead on :P I was wanting to know the human death sound so that the Muffalo Shaman let that out before death. Thought it might be interesting. Or disturbing! But that's all part of the fun haha

I had a feeling that complications would come from wanting the dead body to be a human corpse. Maybe there is a simple way to do it because I obviously don't want them to drop both corpses  :o And I feel that if I make it to where it becomes a human corpse after rotting that people will just haul off the animal form before it rots and butcher them for meat and leather haha people would probably end up never even seeing the human corpse at that rate! I mean I suppose I could leave it "as is" where it can be hauled off and butchered like other creatures since they could be permanently stuck in shifted form. Hmmm... I guess it will all depend on what is actually possible within the game and what makes the most sense.

Thanks for the compliment! I thought the story was pretty cool. I love all that stuff. Anything with a lot of mythology and lore behind it is great in my book! Plus I love animals! I was originally going to make a tiger out of the feline reskin but when it came time to remove the horns and create ears... I started changing my thought process and found the horns endearing and was reminded of the tauren druids in cat form being horned.

SC_Reaper

I really like this mod, but there is something that confused me a bit. I played a game with debug open in case anything i were testing myself were failing and then suddenly i got a message that told me the Alpha Muffalos had frostbite. (At 0 degrees?  ???)

So... i searched the xml for <ComfyTemperatureMin> but couldn't find it.

The normal muffalos can be out in -45 celcius, so i thud it were a bit strange :P and added <ComfyTemperatureMin>-52</ComfyTemperatureMin> myself. (Maybe it could be added as an official part of the mod?  ;))
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Kirid

I'm super slow, been spending the holidays with family. Anyways..

Quote from: Dude1925 on December 17, 2014, 07:17:38 PM
Is there any chance you can talk to ItchyFlea and see about making this compatible with his "Animal Hide Working" mod so we can make rugs and stuffed sculptures out of the alphas?
I think this is in the works somehow. I've never really dealt with cross-compatibility with other mods.

Quote from: SC_Reaper on January 02, 2015, 12:21:46 PM
The normal muffalos can be out in -45 celcius, so i thud it were a bit strange :P and added <ComfyTemperatureMin>-52</ComfyTemperatureMin> myself. (Maybe it could be added as an official part of the mod?  ;))
I missed that, good catch. Uploading a new version with that changed. Set it at -52 just because..

Quote from: Koda Cakes on January 01, 2015, 01:33:40 AM
Kirid (and shadowtajun): I was wondering if I could alter this mod? Re-texture it and all. Of course both of your names would be on it. I converted your wonderful Alphalos into what my boyfriend calls "Muffalo Shaman". Picture an Alphalo reskinned as a wild cat but it is a shapeshifted druid!  ;D
It's fine with me. I've been imagining shamanistic alphalos for awhile now. Sounds cool.
But what you're doing sounds pretty complicated and I don't know how helpful I'd be getting it done.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd