Request Torture Mod

Started by megatech2795, January 11, 2017, 01:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megatech2795

We do plan to implement replaceable and harvest-able body parts such as fingers, toes arms, legs, teeth, etc. Happy to see some active interest and we are working on getting the kinks worked out! The good news is we have a great art designer and a epic code creator as well as a fantastic community to work with!

XxHardStyle

and on the talk about slaves, will there be slave Labour or sexual slaves to boost mood?

megatech2795

Quote from: XxHardStyle on January 18, 2017, 12:44:54 PM
and on the talk about slaves, will there be slave Labour or sexual slaves to boost mood?
As for slaves they may or may not be a later feature as this was never really the focus of the mod. To the topic of mood boosters we are thinking of adding a "fear meter" of sorts to corral other colonists into reducing or eliminating mental breaks (i.e. "Bob was tortured for having a mental break over a dirty room. Maybe my room isn't that bad after all."). Something like that is being implemented. As for sexual slaves there is a few issues to face. 1- that would add to this already touchy subject. 2- it may not go over very well with the moderators. We are already in uncharted waters due to this being a subject not previously reviewed before so if I can play it safe in any regard i'm going to do so. We try to accommodate most requests for added content but this may just be something to add later on, or maybe not i'm not really sure. For now I don't think its planned to happen sorry. Keep giving us ideas though! :D

Switter

Quote from: XxHardStyle on January 18, 2017, 12:44:54 PM
+++ Need more interaction with the colonists!Though some sense from these prisoners, and that only three choices, recruit, sell, or just to keep in a cage and feed. Sense from texture if it is not more than decoration? Need more options, what else functions. We need to focus on this.

megatech2795

We may or may not begin to focus on the slave aspect. I am sad to announce that we will no longer be putting in a fear meter feature. The only way we could do the necessary coding would be with certain assistance to our current coder. Unless further help comes along there will be no fear meter implemented to the mod.

Switter

Well... soon will be ready to mod? While there was no news

Techgenius

Create a thread for this mod in the unfinished section so people that are interested can keep track and further suggest new possible features? There was a fear meter in the very first alphas release of rimworld, wasnt there? even gallows and torture functions, but Tynan removed them didnt he? I remember reading a gameplay story about this

LordMunchkin

I remember when you had to beat people in dark rooms surrounded by corpses to "scare" them into joining your colony. I'm glad we're past that point.  ;)

Huivn

I can't wait to see how this mod turns out.

megatech2795

Unfortunately, I have lost contact with the main mod creators and am in the process of contacting them again. I'm doing my best to keep this project going but we can only do so much without contact. Just messaged them at the time of this post and am hoping for a swift and positive response. I will try my best to make sure this mod comes out! However, keep in mind this project has changed quite a bit from the original plans due to issues of coding and of communication. If anyone else has any coding experience or art design let me know just in case the mod creators have officially gone dark on me! Don't take this as a for sure position on the mod team as I do not yet know if they will respond to me. If they do we can get the ball rolling again. If not, well you know.. PM me if anyone can help out! Thanks for you patience everyone!! And have a GREAT day! :)

XxHardStyle

AngleWyrm

Dungeon Keeper had some interesting machines in their torture chambers...
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

NickWylsonChoucroute55120

I want this mod to be published :'(...
Sorry, my English language is not good because I use "google translation"