[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Apposl on August 14, 2017, 12:18:34 AM
My daughter is playing with this mod and we were curious what you meant by "start with minions," as we didn't see an option, and there are none on the map. She's been there a few months now and still no minions. Just curious if we missed something, or should just keep waiting and watching the wildlife tab. ;)

Yeap yeap, use Prepare Carefully mod to add minions as the starting pet (or the original game's scenario editor)

Minions to not appear naturally in the wild, they migrate across the planet searching for a new "Evil Master" to serve, so when they appear, a notification will appear to inform you that they are passing by. =}

Canute

Like spacedorf mention a bit go,
something wrong with the new hauling.
Even baby minions now deliver items to constructions, not sure if they haul.
But at least is saw adult hauling stuff with 0/7 but training enabled.

Canute

Quote– added Deconstruct ability to Minions (require Haul)

could you expand that ability to remove floor too ?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on August 17, 2017, 04:58:41 AM
Like spacedorf mention a bit go,
something wrong with the new hauling.
Even baby minions now deliver items to constructions, not sure if they haul.
But at least is saw adult hauling stuff with 0/7 but training enabled.

Will look at it someday when I free to put out a quick fix.

Quote from: Canute on August 19, 2017, 04:59:20 AM
Quote– added Deconstruct ability to Minions (require Haul)

could you expand that ability to remove floor too ?

As any new work ability depends on the ability to create the code to make it work - there is no guarantee for this and definitely wont be any time soon, since I still have so much updates to work on for my other mods.

Canute

Quote– added "A Dog Said" mod support via "LBE's A Dog Said Easy Patcher" mod (For Information: Minions uses Human parts)
You sure about this ?
I made animal legs at the ADS workbench and couldn't get install these on the minions.
After i add the ADogSaidBody="LegsArms" at the Races_Minion_Base.xml
i could install them.

Did you forget the entry, it is maybe a mod-conflict or did you wanted a different solution ?

Lupin III

Do you have an idea about the performance impact of a herd of minions? On my PC, RW gets so laggy at around 30 colonists that it stops being fun to play. Will a minion, doing similar stuff as pawns (especially the hauling job, which seems to be the major lag reason in RW), also lag the game about as much as a pawn?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on August 25, 2017, 09:17:43 AM
Quote– added "A Dog Said" mod support via "LBE's A Dog Said Easy Patcher" mod (For Information: Minions uses Human parts)
You sure about this ?
I made animal legs at the ADS workbench and couldn't get install these on the minions.
After i add the ADogSaidBody="LegsArms" at the Races_Minion_Base.xml
i could install them.

Did you forget the entry, it is maybe a mod-conflict or did you wanted a different solution ?

My ADogSaidBody="LegsArms" is added in the Races_Minions.xml.

In my testings the Minions uses human parts. Not animal parts.
"CHANGELOG VER4.2
– added "A Dog Said" mod support via "LBE's A Dog Said Easy Patcher" mod (For Information: Minions uses Human parts)"

Minion body is "human", not animals.
But its funny how you added that code and it now takes animal parts.

Can you try to see if they accept human parts too? =D

Quote from: Lupin III on August 27, 2017, 08:54:06 PM
Do you have an idea about the performance impact of a herd of minions? On my PC, RW gets so laggy at around 30 colonists that it stops being fun to play. Will a minion, doing similar stuff as pawns (especially the hauling job, which seems to be the major lag reason in RW), also lag the game about as much as a pawn?

Minions are not pawns. They are animals - which means they do not "think" as much as a pawn.

However, there is no guarantee if they will lag your game or not. As far as my experience go, you can have fifty minions and it will not lag much or at all (much like having 50 chickens or any other animals). But my computer is quite powerful, may other members give Lupin III some input on this?

Canute

QuoteMinion body is "human", not animals.

Yes, human parts allways worked on minions, even before 4.2

But human parts are a bit expensive for minions, since mosttimes they don't even fight back when they got hunted by a predator.
Thats why i like to add the cheaper ADS animal parts.

Btw. does anyone know if Animal logic works well with the minions, or does it interfer with the advance minion logic ?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on August 29, 2017, 04:14:03 AM
QuoteMinion body is "human", not animals.

Yes, human parts allways worked on minions, even before 4.2

But human parts are a bit expensive for minions, since mosttimes they don't even fight back when they got hunted by a predator.
Thats why i like to add the cheaper ADS animal parts.

Btw. does anyone know if Animal logic works well with the minions, or does it interfer with the advance minion logic ?

I dunno about animal logic mod, since i actually havent properly sit down and play rimworld for half a year already. LMAO. Just had been modding non-stop.

---

After your own fix, minions now accept both animal and human parts?

Because if this is the case, I would want to make it "official", so to make it more "flexible" for everyone.

Canute

If you enjoy your modding, i am happy to play with your mods ! :-)

On my way back from shoping i got an idea. Ok you are an expert about animals and not faction but maybe you know it.
Could it be possible that another faction settle at the same map like your colony ?
The goal would be that Minion/Rimslaves could be an own faction that stay at your map and assist your with your tasks instead to be animals.
Yeah i know what would create other problem to interact with them .... it is just an idea.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on August 29, 2017, 06:02:12 AM
If you enjoy your modding, i am happy to play with your mods ! :-)

On my way back from shoping i got an idea. Ok you are an expert about animals and not faction but maybe you know it.
Could it be possible that another faction settle at the same map like your colony ?
The goal would be that Minion/Rimslaves could be an own faction that stay at your map and assist your with your tasks instead to be animals.
Yeah i know what would create other problem to interact with them .... it is just an idea.

RimSlaves actually adds a faction into the game: Walkblem Slavers Corporation. 

It really depends what that faction is and how it fits into the "story".

Minions are meant to find someone to serve. As for slaves... they are slaves.... lol. But Walkblem Slavers is a faction which you can actually call into battle to help you.

Sam Gray

How can I if possible modify the mod files so that minions don't do some of the things they currently are able to do?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: CyanSam on August 29, 2017, 03:13:31 PM
How can I if possible modify the mod files so that minions don't do some of the things they currently are able to do?

Its in the thinktreedefs/minions.xml

Edit at your own risk though.

kubolek01

It is sick... Anyone sent them versus the Thrumbo? They would do it whilst attacking from all 8 tiles around, moving next one when someone falls.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: kubolek01 on September 02, 2017, 09:49:55 PM
It is sick... Anyone sent them versus the Thrumbo? They would do it whilst attacking from all 8 tiles around, moving next one when someone falls.

I never dared to engage Thrumbos even when I had an army of Minions. You did?

Haha