[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: pressurpoint123 on November 17, 2018, 01:21:13 PM
Where can i research the serums?

It's pretty high tech... You need to get Medicine Production first if I didn't remember wrongly.

Teft

Fun mod.  Few problems.

1) Setting minion lifespan to 10,000 years causes all the minions to spawn at like 2000+ years old and riddled with old age illnesses like heart defects, asthma, etc.   The high lifespan also caused error messages with the Prepare Carefully mod and the minions didn't show up in the animals list when Preparing Carefully.   I changed their max lifespan to 75 years and it fixed both issues.   Minions reproduce fast, they don't need to live forever.

2) Minions haul, construct, grow, and everything else without being trained at all.  Not sure it's supposed to work that way.

3) When minions construct anything that has a "quality" tag like beds and tables, the construction will fail when it finishes and all resources used to build it are lost.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Teft on November 18, 2018, 01:35:29 AM

Fun mod.  Few problems.

1) Setting minion lifespan to 10,000 years causes all the minions to spawn at like 2000+ years old and riddled with old age illnesses like heart defects, asthma, etc.   The high lifespan also caused error messages with the Prepare Carefully mod and the minions didn't show up in the animals list when Preparing Carefully.   I changed their max lifespan to 75 years and it fixed both issues.   Minions reproduce fast, they don't need to live forever.

2) Minions haul, construct, grow, and everything else without being trained at all.  Not sure it's supposed to work that way.

3) When minions construct anything that has a "quality" tag like beds and tables, the construction will fail when it finishes and all resources used to build it are lost.

Noted on point 1. ={

Noted on point 2. They shouldnt be able to. I probably coded the AI wrongly (wrong arrangements)

Noted on point 3. Will fix it.

Hollah

I can't find the download button for the mod on your site.
thank you

WalkingProblem

[1.0] RIMWORLD MINION 7.1

STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1565657439
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/1-0-rimworld-minions-7-1/

REQUIRED: Advanced Animal Frameworks 3.3

CHANGELOG VER7.1
– Fixed Minions Construction and Healing Bug (via Advanced Animal Frameworks 3.3)
– PX-41 is now a butcher product for Evil Minions
– Fixed working abilities according to their training
– Clean/sweep the floor, clear snow, flicking buttons (require Obedience)
– Chopping trees, planting, harvesting, mining (require Haul)
– Construction, repair and deconstruction related chores (require Release)
– Healing, feeding injured humans and animals (require Rescue)

Canute

Finaly a download button !
The Link from the Home site for Framework 3.3 lead to 3.1 and no download button there.
To download Framework 3.3 (needed for Minions 7.1) use
http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/1-0-advanced-animal-frameworks-3-3/

Canute

Some issue with the Minion behavior.
Did you try to operate or tend them ?
They don't stay at the animal medical bed, they want to work.
And they don't stay at the bed when ill.
With Smart medicin the doctor put some medicn at the inventory, then anthestic the minon to tend the infection.
Otherwile the minion jump out of the bed while the doctor wanted to get medicin 10 tiles away.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on November 29, 2018, 10:36:36 AM
Some issue with the Minion behavior.
Did you try to operate or tend them ?
They don't stay at the animal medical bed, they want to work.
And they don't stay at the bed when ill.
With Smart medicin the doctor put some medicn at the inventory, then anthestic the minon to tend the infection.
Otherwile the minion jump out of the bed while the doctor wanted to get medicin 10 tiles away.

Really?

Sounds funny... I havent test it comprehensive enough to know.

------

[1.0] RIMWORLD MINION 7.2

CHANGELOG VER7.2
– Fixed Minions rather work than go to sleep bug
– Now Minions prioritize rescue and tending jobs ahead of other jobs.

STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1565657439
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/1-0-rimworld-minions-7-2/

ADVANCED ANIMALS FRAMEWORKS Required: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1336991209
A Dog Said... Animal Prosthetics: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=746425621
LBE's A Dog Said Easy Patcher: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944381237

Canute

Quote– Fixed Minions rather work than go to sleep bug
I think this allready fix it, trying it out now.

Edit: nope, Minion with flu don't like to stay at bed.

Could you maybe made a Learning helper entry for Minions with :
– Clean/sweep the floor, clear snow, flicking buttons (require Obedience)
– Chopping trees, planting, harvesting, mining (require Haul)
– Construction, repair and deconstruction related chores (require Release)
– Healing, feeding injured humans and animals (require Rescue)

?

Edit2:
Minions don't work well together with Quality builder.
It is nice that an army of Minion babies can construct and repair ! :-)
You should watch how fast 10 babies can switch out the ground floor ! :-)
But it is annoying when these babies going to construct the bed or other quality furniture.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tutankhamun

Got a error when a minion tries to attend to a patient in a hospital
JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Minion45277 driver=JobDriver_WPTendPatient (toilIndex=6) driver.job=(WPTendPatient (Job_153696) A=Thing_Human1111 B=Thing_MedicineIndustrial57057) lastJobGiver=AnimalJobs.JobGiver_GenericWorkGiver
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.Harmony.TendUtility_TendPatch.BleedingHeartThought (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00020>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.TendUtility.DoTend_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.Medicine) <0x006c7>
at RimWorld.Toils_WPTend/<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<FinalizeTend>b__0 () <0x000d6>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x0071f>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It doesn't seem to cause abnormal behavior though: the patient is fully patched.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Tutankhamun on December 02, 2018, 05:04:03 PM
Got a error when a minion tries to attend to a patient in a hospital
JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Minion45277 driver=JobDriver_WPTendPatient (toilIndex=6) driver.job=(WPTendPatient (Job_153696) A=Thing_Human1111 B=Thing_MedicineIndustrial57057) lastJobGiver=AnimalJobs.JobGiver_GenericWorkGiver
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Psychology.Harmony.TendUtility_TendPatch.BleedingHeartThought (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00020>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.TendUtility.DoTend_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.Medicine) <0x006c7>
at RimWorld.Toils_WPTend/<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<FinalizeTend>b__0 () <0x000d6>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () <0x0071f>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

It doesn't seem to cause abnormal behavior though: the patient is fully patched.

hmmm... I will take note.

As long as it doesnt break the game; just live with it first.

Because sometimes its a bit hard to find where is the missing reference~ haha

Canute

I recently made 2 evil minions.
I notice, Evil minion are real fast, 14.85 without modifation is real fast for their little foots.
I would reduce it to 8.5 or 6.5.
They don't do jobs like Minions do, but i think that's intended. They are basicly like regular animals, even hauling is sporadic like regular animals.

But something is real strange, one of the evil minion don't follow any zone restriction. No error show up at the log.
The other evil minion follow the zone restrictions.
Both follow their master when these are drafted.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on December 10, 2018, 05:23:19 AM
I recently made 2 evil minions.
I notice, Evil minion are real fast, 14.85 without modifation is real fast for their little foots.
I would reduce it to 8.5 or 6.5.
They don't do jobs like Minions do, but i think that's intended. They are basicly like regular animals, even hauling is sporadic like regular animals.

But something is real strange, one of the evil minion don't follow any zone restriction. No error show up at the log.
The other evil minion follow the zone restrictions.
Both follow their master when these are drafted.

If, maybe I forgotten to remove the speed enhancement for the Evil Minions when turned from Yellow Minions....

As for the zone thingy.... No idea. I don't think I modded any part of that...

Canute

Update of the zone restrition, after a loading the evil minion follow the zone restrictions.
Looks like after the minion got transformed, it don't follow it, but after a loading he does.

And i forget to mention, Minion realy live for air and love, i put them at a Deeprim map and it took 2 weeks before the i got a msg. about animal starving.
I think thats a bit too extrem.

Any ETA for 7.3 ? :-)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on December 10, 2018, 09:03:43 AM
Update of the zone restrition, after a loading the evil minion follow the zone restrictions.
Looks like after the minion got transformed, it don't follow it, but after a loading he does.

And i forget to mention, Minion realy live for air and love, i put them at a Deeprim map and it took 2 weeks before the i got a msg. about animal starving.
I think thats a bit too extrem.

Any ETA for 7.3 ? :-)

Yeah Minions never needs to eat much at all (that was the entire plan right from version 1.0, which is to build a massive minions army to defend the colony)

For 7.3, what do you wish to see (and what changes I need to do)?