[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Holy Shit .. I had to stare five Minutes on the pic before I noticed the change ..

That will be so awesome :)  Gratz.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Grabarz

Hello there can you lower a bit the birth rate but increase the carrying capacity ?

10 minions 3 females 3 years - my pc froze, over 15k minion meat, would be nice to rebalance :)

SpaceDorf

I think the carry weight is fitting,
But I also think the birthrate is to high.

WalkingProblem

Hi Guys~

Noted on the birth rate~ I personally rear them as an army... and most died before they can reach adulthood from all the fighting they need to get involved... lol

For the carrying capacity, its supposed to be lower than humans since they are smaller in size~

SpaceDorf

It does not matter how I use them,
since I keep the females save and so the Birthrate is in no way effected ..
They just keep popping out yellow combat cuties.

WalkingProblem

A new release will be imminent.

The future Minions will be able to help out in (on top of hauling): sweeping the floor, harvesting, cutting trees, and mining!

But the Minions will need to be trained to be Obedient before they will start sweeping the floors.
Harvesting, cutting plants and mining will only be available after they are trained to haul.  Thus its still seem quite balanced, as you will need to invest tremendous amount of time to train them in order for them to be super useful in domestic work.

There won't be changes to the birth rates and carrying capacity.

STAY TUNED!

WalkingProblem

I am proud to announce the release of Minions Version 2.0 for RimWorld! Yay~!

The Minions will be a lot more useful to the colony from now on: On top of the hauling ability, they can clean/sweep the floor (require Obedience), and can help out with some of the simple chores like chopping trees, harvesting plants and even mining! (The latter 3 require to be trained for Hauling).

The Minions will also no longer appear in the map like wild animals (since they aren't wild animals!!!), they will appear as tribes wandering across the world looking for a new master. So to get the Minions, you can either start the game with them, or you can tame them when they do appear on the map when they travel across your land.

Beware of manhunting Minions, whom had went mad after the death of Gru.... and greater danger that lurks in purple....

Download Page: http://dinorim.mingjilim.com/sdm_downloads/rimworld-minions-ver-2-0/

Installation Note:
– From my own testing, you can disable Ver 1.1 and enable this Ver 2.0 and continue playing your save games with no problems at all.
– If you enable developer mod, there may be some persistent alerts, just turn it off and continue playing; it doesnt affect the game at all.

Changelog:
– Purely event driven now. You will only encounter Minions during specific events and if you started the game with them.
– No longer clashes with Increased Forest Density mods (since Minions no longer appear as wild animals)
– Trained Minions will now help out in cleaning (req. obedience), mining (req. hauling), harvesting (req. hauling) and chopping tasks (req. hauling)
– Added Minions Passing Event
– Added Minions Manhunting Event
– Added **** ******* Manhunting Event (good luck if they appear, they will give even the best defended colonies a run for their money)

——-

Creator's note:

I am so happy and glad to be able to release this mod with all these updates. I went from zero knowledge in C# and C# modding for RimWorld, to creating multiple unique functions that catered specifically for this Minions Mod. If I am able to learn more about how certain things are being coded in the game, I may even make the Minions even more multifunctional in the next release.

In the next release (no release date yet, as its still dependent on how much free time I can spare), I will try to make the Minions caravan-ready.

As for more variety in the skins (like added the tall minion , fat minion and the one eye minion), currently there is no ready way of making that happen. I will make that happen if by any chance someone created a way to make that happen.

As for those that is so supportive to read to the end, I would like to let you know that the Evil Minion (Purple Minion) is very very very hard to kill. Good luck!

Cheers!
~Mingji Lim aka leonlim007

SpaceDorf

arnoldboy3

:'( :'( :'( Such  a beautiful mod, only if they could use guns or melee weapons they would be perfect beings sent from heaven.

P.s
Please mod creator keep up the good work

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 27, 2017, 04:01:38 PM
Fifth Download ..

The 1st 2 was me, trying out the link. haha!

So you are 3rd!

Quote from: arnoldboy3 on March 27, 2017, 08:30:14 PM
:'( :'( :'( Such  a beautiful mod, only if they could use guns or melee weapons they would be perfect beings sent from heaven.

P.s
Please mod creator keep up the good work

Woot woot! Thanks!

Because the Minions currently are "animals", so they can't carry guns. In contrast, the Centipedes are a race on its own.

I will explore the codes, and see if I can get them to carry weapons (that would be madness.... lol~) *fingers crossed*

SpaceDorf

I don't know if it is really related to your mod, but it is the only one I updated yesterday ..

After I loaded my game all the wild animals on the map started humping each other and now I have a load of pregnant animals on the map ..

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 28, 2017, 07:06:14 AM
I don't know if it is really related to your mod, but it is the only one I updated yesterday ..

After I loaded my game all the wild animals on the map started humping each other and now I have a load of pregnant animals on the map ..

Oh yeah... its my mod...

Oops. Its kindda not supposed to be there, was supposed to be part of another mod that I'm working on... but its okay right? LOL~ Not a big problem right? LOL~

I am working on another mod that makes the wild animals behave more realistically, and had been dumping the codes into the minion mod to test it (for efficiency sake)... I forgot to take it out
=P

Oops

SpaceDorf

I like it :)
The kind of mod I like and makes sense.
Is woolgrowth and milk also included ?

For Minions you could use implants to make them combat worthy.
Add an Empty Slot to the BodyDef and an operation, and you can equip them with Weapon-Implants or Armor Implants to add combat hediffs ..

Canute

It is more the question if an animal can use weapons or abilitys.

That animals can hunt as pack to kill larger prey, one mod allready prove, i think it was smarter food selection.

But when the minions got a weapon implant that give them a range attack ability and they would use it at combat and not the mellee attack it would work too.