[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 28, 2017, 10:50:13 AM
I like it :)
The kind of mod I like and makes sense.
Is woolgrowth and milk also included ?

For Minions you could use implants to make them combat worthy.
Add an Empty Slot to the BodyDef and an operation, and you can equip them with Weapon-Implants or Armor Implants to add combat hediffs ..

Woolgrowth on the Minion? And you want to milk the minions too??? omg...

Implants... hmm.... is the weapon and armor implants readily implementable? (vanillla-supported?)
But thats so cruel to them.... LOL!

Quote from: Canute on March 28, 2017, 12:15:07 PM
It is more the question if an animal can use weapons or abilitys.

That animals can hunt as pack to kill larger prey, one mod allready prove, i think it was smarter food selection.

But when the minions got a weapon implant that give them a range attack ability and they would use it at combat and not the mellee attack it would work too.

The smarter food selection mod messed up the predator in my game. Predators no longer hunt when that mod one enabled. Do you have that problem? I disabled it as a result.

----

I think it would be a better solution if the Minions would automatically pick up weapons isnt it? They will just pick up the nearest weapon thats lying around... (but i wonder if they are willing to drop the weapons). May have to also make them pick up a more powerful weapon if they are already equipped.  But if thats the case, players will not be able to assign weapons.

So we are back to equiping with weapon implants... = \

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 28, 2017, 10:50:13 AM
I like it :)
The kind of mod I like and makes sense.
Is woolgrowth and milk also included ?

I was talking about the "additional" features of your release :)
The Wildlife Mod .. if it affects Woolgrowth and Milk on Wild Animals ..

I think shearing purples would be a good Idea .. but Minion Milk sounds really really disgusting.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 28, 2017, 01:14:02 PM

I was talking about the "additional" features of your release :)
The Wildlife Mod .. if it affects Woolgrowth and Milk on Wild Animals ..

I think shearing purples would be a good Idea .. but Minion Milk sounds really really disgusting.

yeah exactly... minion milk.... omg...yucks.... 

Woolgrowth on wild animals.... milk... hmm...... you want to milk boomrats? LOL

SpaceDorf

Quote from: leonlim007 on March 28, 2017, 01:26:05 PM

Woolgrowth on wild animals.... milk... hmm...... you want to milk boomrats? LOL

I have the Neutroamine Mod .. I allready can do that .. but I always wondered, why woolgrowth or milkfullness started with 0% after taming some animals.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

Okay, I just tried to make the Minions pick up weapons. They can't pick them up while the code worked. I think because animals do not have the "gears" tab, they are unable to equip properly.

So its weapon implants then? =\

AngleWyrm

Maybe a bug
Not sure if this is related, but since I just added V2 I'll include it here just in case.

A group of caravan pirate traders arrived, and during their visit they went to eat at my dining hall. Several of them behaved erratically, placing food on the ground near the table and then picking it up again.

Minions made the difference
That caravan had crappy slaves and little else to trade, but just as I was getting ready to close the trade window something caught my eye: An Exoskeleton Suit that was a surgical implant, for about $4k in silver.

I started dreaming of my favorite vat-grown soldier turned frontier marshal, Blades and her future as a cyborg super soldier. She already has a bionic eye. I had to have it, and all the tamed minions I was training up just barely covered the cost.

But the very same day a group of visitors arrived with one old lady who was on fire with desire in nearly every skill. I checked her health, and sure enough her spine had gone bad from old age.

Oh baby, I got the cure.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 28, 2017, 02:15:20 PM
Maybe a bug
Not sure if this is related, but since I just added V2 I'll include it here just in case.

A group of caravan pirate traders arrived, and during their visit they went to eat at my dining hall. Several of them behaved erratically, placing food on the ground near the table and then picking it up again.

Minions made the difference
That caravan had crappy slaves and little else to trade, but just as I was getting ready to close the trade window something caught my eye: An Exoskeleton Suit that was a surgical implant, for about $4k in silver.

I started dreaming of my favorite vat-grown soldier turned frontier marshal, Blades and her future as a cyborg super soldier. She already has a bionic eye. I had to have it, and all the tamed minions I was training up just barely covered the cost.

But the very same day a group of visitors arrived with one old lady who was on fire with desire in nearly every skill. I checked her health, and sure enough her spine had gone bad from old age.

Oh baby, I got the cure.

Awesomeness! Great to hear that they had served their master well~ haha

For the put the food on the floor bug - I dun think its caused by this mod, since it does not touch anything regarding food, items or eating by human pawns.

WalkingProblem

For now, I gave up on giving the Minions weapons, either by picking up themselves or via implants. Its hacking the game alittle too much.

----------

Anyway I need feedback in regards to the Evil Minions. Let me know if they are appearing too often and whether you are able to cope with their attacks?

WalkingProblem

During play testing, I realised that the Evil Minions raids are overpowered, so I tone them down a little; as well as reducing the frequency of Minions/Evil Minions manhunting events.

These balancing will improve the game experience. Sorry for launching 2.1 so soon after 2.0; the balancing issue is important; hopefully your colony survive long enough for this update.

Changelog:
- Reduced manhunting frequency for Minions and Evil Minions
- Reduce baseHealthScale for Evil Minion
- Increase CombatPower for Evil Minion (which means lesser of them during manhunting events)

Download Here: http://dinorim.mingjilim.com/sdm_downloads/rimworld-minions-ver-2-1/

AngleWyrm

It's right after pressing the send button that the spelling errors become most apparent ;)
Thanks for the hot-fix.

Release Early, Release Often.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 28, 2017, 06:53:13 PM

It's right after pressing the send button that the spelling errors become most apparent ;)
Thanks for the hot-fix.

Release Early, Release Often.

Yeah~

Its a bit concerning for me, since I managed to get 102 downloads (woohoo milestone!) for the Version 2.0; but only 34 downloaded the Version 2.1.

60 over colonies going to be destroyed by the purple terror~~~

AngleWyrm

While playing with Minions I've developed a hankering for more animal handlers in my colony, so I created a set of five new animal handler backstories that makes it possible for more to show up.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 29, 2017, 08:58:46 AM

While playing with Minions I've developed a hankering for more animal handlers in my colony, so I created a set of five new animal handler backstories that makes it possible for more to show up.

Yeap. The Minions mod created an unprecedented importance in animal handling/training.

Because the Minions are pretty much useless (like chickens) if you do not train them. And for the new generations of the minions (bred with those thousand year old monsters), its only until they are teenagers (if I'm not wrong) before they would be able to train for heavy duties like hauling, logging, etc...

I had never needed pawns to do purely animal handling work until I had the Minions mod

CutiesDeathCab

Hello, I am asking for permission to place your mod into a database I am working on for RimWorld mod Listings. I plan on keeping it updated with the help of some others. The post will contain the following
[Version, Title, Author, Direct Topic Link, Direct Download Link (From the topic)]
Either PM me, Or reply to this message. Thank you. :)
P.S: The Database will have its own topic once I have a decent amount in the database.

Napple

Is there any way to reduce all the age related illnesses affecting both minion types due to how old they can get.