Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AjaxTrinity

Jakub k.

But cancer is already in the game!
whats the point in adding it to the game via a mod
if its already in the vanilla version

SpaceDorf

Nope wild animals don't reproduce. Neither do they grow hair or milk.

I thought about the problem of the different Minion Types.
You could try it with different genders, some of the gendered animals have different looks per gender
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

"Adult Minion ##"
The normal way to give a colonist or animal a name is through the character tab, but that tab is not available on minions. Can we get some other method of renaming minions? Or maybe enable the character tab?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 24, 2017, 03:27:37 PM
"Adult Minion ##"
The normal way to give a colonist or animal a name is through the character tab, but that tab is not available on minions. Can we get some other method of renaming minions? Or maybe enable the character tab?

Have you trained them or do the minions have a bond to someone ?
I think that is required to rename them.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

harpo99999

from my experience in the game, it seems that a nuzzle from the 'animal' to a pawn is when a name is issued to the 'animal', not upon training , it might also happen with a bond, in my current game I have 11 adult minions fully trained, but without bonds and names, another nine child minions with all the training they can get without bonds or names, another 27 toddler minions (one named that has a bond) the rest without bonds or names, and 11 baby monions without names or bonds, and all the minions have as much training as they can take, so it is NOT training that gives names

SpaceDorf

Training and Bondage ( hrr hrr ) is needed to rename an animal

Nuzzling is a form of interaction.
any kind of interaction ( training, healing, nuzzling ) has a chance for the animal to form a bond. ( thats how heal-taming sloths and thrumbos works )
When the bond is formed, the pawn to which the animal has bonded names the animal.

When the named animal is trained in obedience so it can be assigned to a master ..
then you can change the name ( at least in A15 :) )

--- Edit ---
@leonlim007

feedback from my kids : they love this mod and are totally happy :)
first question, though .. where are the one eyed and tall ones :)

bierdeckelkanne

I hate minions and I still got this mod, only so I can eat them and make hats out of them.

Now I have a manhunter horde of minions and only 5 dead raiders in my base for the wolves. Your minions won, they are more cruel than me. They forced me to cannibalize...

WalkingProblem

"Adult Minion ##"

My Minions all have names (not that I gave them, its given to them by my pawns in the game). So like SpaceDorf explained, its only done thru Nuzzle (meaning the Minion give its master a good rub).

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 24, 2017, 05:41:42 PM
Training and Bondage ( hrr hrr ) is needed to rename an animal

@leonlim007

feedback from my kids : they love this mod and are totally happy :)
first question, though .. where are the one eyed and tall ones :)

I am so damn happy to see that people are playing it and enjoying it, especially the kids! =D

For the One eye and the tall one (or the fat one for that matter), is because of the limitation on the game that did not allow multiple variation of the same creature as the same animal. I will find a way to go around it. Using the female minion as another variant is a good but make-do idea.

But I note this "feature" in my explore-findout-todo list, will keep an eye on it.

Quote from: bierdeckelkanne on February 24, 2017, 07:14:37 PM
I hate minions and I still got this mod, only so I can eat them and make hats out of them.

Now I have a manhunter horde of minions and only 5 dead raiders in my base for the wolves. Your minions won, they are more cruel than me. They forced me to cannibalize...

LOL. Wow, you managed to meet the manhunting Minions. I havent met them in my game yet, they are pretty difficult to come by even when I am using God Mode while doing my testings. 

Just to note, Minions can go for extended amount of time without food. You can't starve them to death by leaving them outside your base (unless you are absolutely self-sufficient). They also wont die from toxic fallout, cold snap or heat wave. So, good luck to you~!  ;D ;D ;D

AngleWyrm

Quote from: leonlim007 on February 25, 2017, 01:45:44 AM
"Adult Minion ##"

My Minions all have names (not that I gave them, its given to them by my pawns in the game).

Are any of your minions named AsthmaSnack? How about Jenny'sPet? WheelBarrow? DeadmanWalking?
I would like to do the naming if that's ok with you.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 25, 2017, 03:18:10 AM
Are any of your minions named AsthmaSnack? How about Jenny'sPet? WheelBarrow? DeadmanWalking?
I would like to do the naming if that's ok with you.

I thought we cannot rename the tamed pets unless we use DevMode? =x

Or you mean you would want to create a list of Minion names which I add to the next release for the mod?

(sorry, I'm confused.)

AngleWyrm

Quote from: leonlim007 on February 25, 2017, 03:41:32 AM
I thought we cannot rename the tamed pets unless we use DevMode? =x

Yes sir, your thinking is correct; the vanilla game experience didn't implement the story scene "I dub thee Skittles."

AngleWyrm

I've been renaming my Misc. Robots and Robots++ robots to be similar to Star Wars droid names:

C1L-1 is Tech level 1 cleaning robot #1. C1L-2 is robot #2
H1A-1 is Tech level 1 hauling robot #1.
E2R-1 is Tech level 2 Emergency Room robot #1.
and so on.

They're not classified as animals though, so they probably achieve the rename ability through some other means.

SpaceDorf

Last Time I did something like that with the bot's they always lost their names after a recharge .. ?
Can they keep their names now ?