[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 27, 2017, 09:58:04 AM
Last Time I did something like that with the bot's they always lost their names after a recharge .. ?
Can they keep their names now ?
The names I've put on my hauler, cleaner and emergency robot remain in place after they recharge, so maybe that's an old bug that was fixed.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 26, 2017, 09:15:13 PM
I've been renaming my Misc. Robots and Robots++ robots to be similar to Star Wars droid names:

C1L-1 is Tech level 1 cleaning robot #1. C1L-2 is robot #2
H1A-1 is Tech level 1 hauling robot #1.
E2R-1 is Tech level 2 Emergency Room robot #1.
and so on.

They're not classified as animals though, so they probably achieve the rename ability through some other means.

As I had briefly gone thru the codes for the Misc Robot mod, the Robots are literally an entire race, just like Humans or the Mechanoid - which thus give them the same "renaming" ability as per our human pawns (if I'm not mistaken).

Minions meanwhile are "Animals" (I sounds like a "racist" against the Minions), thus the difference.

matheryn

so I'm no great modder Id like to just throw that out there so please forgive my nievity

I put this mod into my mods folder but it does not seem to want to work I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong is there a way to get this mod through steam

Fluffe

Quote from: matheryn on February 28, 2017, 11:51:32 PM
so I'm no great modder Id like to just throw that out there so please forgive my nievity

I put this mod into my mods folder but it does not seem to want to work I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong is there a way to get this mod through steam

Did you enable it in the mod menu? lol

matheryn

That's the weird thing is its not showing up in the mod menu - and I put the folder where it tells me to or at least I'm fairly certain I have so yeah I'm not sure whats going on

matheryn

Nevermind I'm a historectomy gone wrong lol 8-P I didn't realise that I have 2 harddrives and even though steam is on c I install games on d so even though there is the same mods folder in c:/steam/comon blah blah blah, the accually folder I need to install the mods into is in D so please forgive my stupidness lol

bierdeckelkanne

Hi, cool mod. But I think the minion lather gives too much many. It is as valuable as human leather, and this actually incentivizes killing the minions and makes them kinda op (human leather that is easy to get without debuffs)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: bierdeckelkanne on March 03, 2017, 05:10:38 AM
Hi, cool mod. But I think the minion lather gives too much many. It is as valuable as human leather, and this actually incentivizes killing the minions and makes them kinda op (human leather that is easy to get without debuffs)

Noted! I will reduce either the quality or the quantity of it~ (perhaps quantity is better?)

WalkingProblem

I met my first encounter with an mechanoid landing invasion (ever).
The God King, bearing his full force upon landing ship, with the melee fighters, minions and loyal wargs from the north, and our powerful archers on our right flank (left side). And we gave them all we got. The panther thats wandering in right into the battlefield entered the fray of battle as well...

The centipedes are hard to kill, they fire a grenade launcher into my minions the moment to emerged from the ship and my brave soldiers immediately lands flurries of punches at it despite their pain... many died... many are still infants and toddlers.... My brave loyal minions....
Finally when dust of the battle settled, did I realised that I lost a huge number of my minions, all stacked one on top on another, next to the disabled centipedes.

As I send one of our generals to shut down the mechanoids, the rest of the forces return to their quarters to recover... The number of casualties are massive. None of the pawns died, but half of them badly injured.

But just when we thought the worst is over, a tribal force launched a immediate attack on us in the middle of the night. That was just a day after the battle of the centipedes. The enemies race down the super highway ("The God King's East Road"), reaching us at speed. Our forces are yet to form up completely when the vanguards clashes sword with us; half of our wargs and minions are still injured. For the first time since we landed from "Heaven", the humans have to take the frontline position.
As the battle rage, the adults minions and wargs charged past our archers, while the baby and toddlers minions struggled to get into the front lines. The enemies just keep coming... There is just no way to count how many came. Seeing enemy archers firing behind the lines, the God King led a few of our man through the massive fighting to take them down...

God knows what actually happened... We slaughtered childrens like animals, and animals slaughtered man like children slaughtered like animals (I got the pregnancy mod - which means you will meet kids in raiding parties). But we took a massive hit. For the first time, we have humans died in the battle, Alboio (a raider warrior we converted earlier) and Steve, one of the original 10 elites that came down from "Heaven" was slained...

I wanted to capture as many as the downed enemies as possible (as I'm trying to build a massive army)... but as everyone is sleepy, tired or injured, its hard to haul them, and also build the extra prison beds to imprison them... (shit... I just remembered I can use the "floor bed".... ==").
The aftermath was worse than the mechanoid invasion. 80% of my minions are injured, entire family of wargs wiped out. 2 dead.
Its time for my people to rest, and recover. Life will never be the same, after the death of Steve and the brave warriors that fought that day. But Life must go on.

AngleWyrm

How to work with Image Size
Those pictures are great, let's call them the zoomed-in version.

You can tell the image how wide you want it to be.
Normal image tag looks like this: [ img ]http://somewebsite.com/myimage.jpg[/ img]
Making the size you want: [ img width=400 ]http://somewebsite.com/myimage.jpg[/ img]

Then it shows in the post the size you chose, and when you click on it, it zooms in to full size.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 05, 2017, 06:29:43 PM
How to work with Image Size
Those pictures are great, let's call them the zoomed-in version.

You can tell the image how wide you want it to be.
Normal image tag looks like this: [ img ]http://somewebsite.com/myimage.jpg[/ img]
Making the size you want: [ img width=400 ]http://somewebsite.com/myimage.jpg[/ img]

Then it shows in the post the size you chose, and when you click on it, it zooms in to full size.

I see~ Thanks!

AngleWyrm

As Jim Carry once said, "B E A Youtiful!"

AngleWyrm

Attack of the Manhunter Minions!

What to do with all that minion leather?
A Minion Leather couch for the lobby of my Taylor's Shop

WalkingProblem

What a beautiful couch. Looks like its fit for royalty~ LOL!

Looks like the Minions didnt even get past the first line of defense~

WalkingProblem

Hi Minion fans... I have a good news:

Will included be in the next release; stay tune for news on that.