[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubolek01

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 03, 2017, 05:46:03 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on September 02, 2017, 09:49:55 PM
It is sick... Anyone sent them versus the Thrumbo? They would do it whilst attacking from all 8 tiles around, moving next one when someone falls.

I never dared to engage Thrumbos even when I had an army of Minions. You did?

Haha
I gonna make it however. Nothing is impossible. I did it in melee, psyshock, and more...
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Canute

Special when you improve your minions with bionic parts, their DPS increased, and then a thrumbo isn't a match for 8 minions anymore.
But you still can have some casualties.

hendrikpfaff

Maybe the serum (As drug) to transform then into the purple minion. (Maybe make it costy so it can't be produced so easily)

Canute

Since you just need 2 minions to breed an army of evil minions, and their fighting abilities are too strong compared others i don't think thats a good idea.

SpaceDorf

If you make the purple Minions untameable this is a wonderful Idea.

I don't think they were tamed in the movie .. they just did not kill each other.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 27, 2017, 01:37:40 PM

I don't think they were tamed in the movie .. they just did not kill each other.

I thought I made purple minions extremely difficult to tame already?

Anyway I had been thinking, are they too OP...? should I tone them down further?

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on September 27, 2017, 12:43:39 PM
Since you just need 2 minions to breed an army of evil minions, and their fighting abilities are too strong compared others i don't think thats a good idea.

Make it so that Purple Minions don't breed?
Then if you had a serum that you have to give to a normal minion it could be made from a thrumbo horn and neutro or someting valuable.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 27, 2017, 02:28:44 PM
Make it so that Purple Minions don't breed?
Then if you had a serum that you have to give to a normal minion it could be made from a thrumbo horn and neutro or someting valuable.

From my experience with the RimSlaves mod (while working on the Dothraki) - it is not possible to change the texture of an animal/pawn in the game. And if I spawn a purple one and kill the yellow one - the purple one would be a totally different identity than the yellow one. (it cannot inherit the identity)

At least my coding abilities limits me at that.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 27, 2017, 02:18:51 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 27, 2017, 01:37:40 PM

I thought I made purple minions extremely difficult to tame already?

Anyway I had been thinking, are they too OP...? should I tone them down further?

No, actually I meant what followed after .. if you turn tamed yellows into purples they become untameable and you have an uncontrollable army of flesh eating monsters ..

- remember Evil, not smart.

Canute

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 27, 2017, 02:45:02 PM
From my experience with the RimSlaves mod (while working on the Dothraki) - it is not possible to change the texture of an animal/pawn in the game. And if I spawn a purple one and kill the yellow one - the purple one would be a totally different identity than the yellow one. (it cannot inherit the identity)
I think that is the smallest problem! :-)
Do you realy think when you turn someone into an evil one he is still the same ?
But if you think about these serum it would be nice if you can keep the name with an Evil-prefix.
I think the serum should work like an infection/poison. After you inject it to the minion he should act normal a few days, then goes berserk for a day, and then become a tamed evil-minion.

Yes evil minions are hard to tame, and i was not succesful to tame or get a bond with a pair of them. And i tryed it with the Jedi-tamer, who could brainwash the minion if he get angry.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 27, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

No, actually I meant what followed after .. if you turn tamed yellows into purples they become untameable and you have an uncontrollable army of flesh eating monsters ..

Quote from: Canute on September 27, 2017, 05:42:25 PM
Do you realy think when you turn someone into an evil one he is still the same ?
But if you think about these serum it would be nice if you can keep the name with an Evil-prefix.
I think the serum should work like an infection/poison. After you inject it to the minion he should act normal a few days, then goes berserk for a day, and then become a tamed evil-minion.

Yes evil minions are hard to tame, and i was not succesful to tame or get a bond with a pair of them. And i tryed it with the Jedi-tamer, who could brainwash the minion if he get angry.

Ah.... I see what you all mean...

Interesting. That would add a new dimension into the game, when you need to buy the PX-41 serum to turn the yellow Minion into a purple Minion....

So what you guys think it should work? Could it be: You have a tamed minion, set operation on it, apply serum, then it will give the yellow minion a "disease", which it will get more and more serious until it "dies" and respawn as a purple.....

The name cannot be kept... at least I have no idea how to code that. 

---

Should I nerf the Purple a bit more? Like half the life?

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 28, 2017, 12:34:21 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 27, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

Quote from: Canute on September 27, 2017, 05:42:25 PM

Ah.... I see what you all mean...

Interesting. That would add a new dimension into the game, when you need to buy the PX-41 serum to turn the yellow Minion into a purple Minion....

So what you guys think it should work? Could it be: You have a tamed minion, set operation on it, apply serum, then it will give the yellow minion a "disease", which it will get more and more serious until it "dies" and respawn as a purple.....

---

Should I nerf the Purple a bit more? Like half the life?

Exactly what I ment, I'm just not that good in English. XD
Someting like.. You buy the serum from the traders then you administer it to the minion trough operation after that you get the effect of the serum and it keeps getting more severe intil it dies and spawns a Purple one. (Maybe you can make it so that it uses the devtool for taming it when it spawns)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 28, 2017, 12:34:21 AM

If you know the time when the minion dies and the purple gets spawned,
you could copy the Pawn-Data to a temporary Pawn before you spawn the new one ..

TempPawn.Defs<-YellowMinion.Defs
YellowMinion.Disappear.
TempPawn.Race<-PurpleMinion
PurpleMinion.Create
PurpleMinion.Defs<-TempPawn.Defs ..

in theory .. worst case scenario is that you have to torture some pointers until C# obeys your commands ..
one of the things I don't like about true OOP.

WalkingProblem

That would be painful to do.... lol

Honestly, I have no idea if I am able to ever copy over the pawn data... I will try someday

I'm thinking, if we create our own purples? Then should I still keep the purple raids event? =x 

Canute

Just ask yourself, If you can breed your own tictac's (yellow minions) do you should still get minion manhunter packs or minion events ?

Ofcouse yes, we need more events ! :-)
Just got an idea about an minion event.
Do you know the US girlscouts who sells cookies ?
Day 1, one minion/evilminion appear at your map and ask for 10 food. If you agree he will move to your colony grab 10 food (raw) and drop a random item ,he grabed on his travel.
Day 2, two minion ....
Day 3, four minion ....
Day 4, eight minion ....
If you refuse, there is some chance these minion(s) turn into a manhunter pack but the chain event end.