[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2017, 03:20:36 AM
Just ask yourself, If you can breed your own tictac's (yellow minions) do you should still get minion manhunter packs or minion events ?

Ofcouse yes, we need more events ! :-)
Just got an idea about an minion event.
Do you know the US girlscouts who sells cookies ?
Day 1, one minion/evilminion appear at your map and ask for 10 food. If you agree he will move to your colony grab 10 food (raw) and drop a random item ,he grabed on his travel.
Day 2, two minion ....
Day 3, four minion ....
Day 4, eight minion ....
If you refuse, there is some chance these minion(s) turn into a manhunter pack but the chain event end.

hmmm..... LOL~

Thats funny, when the players realised its never going to end. LOL

Can earmark this. Not sure how to code it yet. But interesting idea.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2017, 03:20:36 AM

Do you know the US girlscouts who sells cookies ?
Day 1, one minion/evilminion appear at your map and ask for 10 food. If you agree he will move to your colony grab 10 food (raw) and drop a random item ,he grabed on his travel.
Day 2, two minion ....
Day 3, four minion ....

Do you really want exponential growth in your enemies ?
Day 8 is 128 Minions.
Day 13 is 2048 ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Yes yes, thats the idea behind it ! :-))
Every minion who got food will tell a friend about this great deal (food vs. junk) and come back next day.
But this can an opportunity for the colony as well, since they drop a random item, it could be a stone chunk, some steel/uranium, armor or weapon.

Yep, it could cause some lag, or even run out of memory, when there comes a hugh amount of minions at the map.
And i hope the colony got a saferetreat if 1024 minions get angry if they don't got food.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 28, 2017, 12:53:20 PM
That would be painful to do.... lol

Honestly, I have no idea if I am able to ever copy over the pawn data... I will try someday

I'm thinking, if we create our own purples? Then should I still keep the purple raids event? =x
If the serum becomes a thing, the purple raid events aren't needed anymore in my opinion..
You can always keep the event to prevent your yellow minions from growing out of control, because you would need them to fight the purple ones.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2017, 06:32:04 AM
Every minion who got food will tell a friend about this great deal (food vs. junk) and come back next day.
But this can an opportunity for the colony as well, since they drop a random item, it could be a stone chunk, some steel/uranium, armor or weapon.

Yep, it could cause some lag, or even run out of memory, when there comes a hugh amount of minions at the map.
And i hope the colony got a saferetreat if 1024 minions get angry if they don't got food.

Okay, the thing about this "event" is that, I will definitely choose to kill that Minion rather than letting it grab any thing from me. It will annul all the effort put into make this incident... We need to rethink this.

A more "meaningful" way is to create a Minion faction... But I not exactly sure how it will affect the incidents and stuff, since it would be a pure animal faction.

-----

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 29, 2017, 07:28:57 AM
If the serum becomes a thing, the purple raid events aren't needed anymore in my opinion..
You can always keep the event to prevent your yellow minions from growing out of control, because you would need them to fight the purple ones.

The problem I have with the purple raid is that, they are too OP... Its like a game ending incident, if happen to any kids playing the game. Since a lot of children are playing the game, I'm not exactly keen to make them cry.... so I'm thinking, either to nerf the purple or to remove the entire incident, and replace it with this "playing with fire" injection of PX-41 into your minion to make it "super minion", but with unstable mental state. (or chance of craziness)

PreDiabetic

What bothers me is that isn't harvesting tied to Growing Skill. How come their Yield Efficiency calculated?

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 29, 2017, 12:13:12 PM
Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2017, 06:32:04 AM

Okay, the thing about this "event" is that, I will definitely choose to kill that Minion rather than letting it grab any thing from me. It will annul all the effort put into make this incident... We need to rethink this.

A more "meaningful" way is to create a Minion faction... But I not exactly sure how it will affect the incidents and stuff, since it would be a pure animal faction.

-----

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 29, 2017, 07:28:57 AM

The problem I have with the purple raid is that, they are too OP... Its like a game ending incident, if happen to any kids playing the game. Since a lot of children are playing the game, I'm not exactly keen to make them cry.... so I'm thinking, either to nerf the purple or to remove the entire incident, and replace it with this "playing with fire" injection of PX-41 into your minion to make it "super minion", but with unstable mental state. (or chance of craziness)
"so I'm thinking, either to nerf the purple or to remove the entire incident, and replace it with this "playing with fire" injection of PX-41 into your minion to make it "super minion", but with unstable mental state. (or chance of craziness)"

Would be the best thing I guess.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: damngrl on September 29, 2017, 01:54:17 PM
What bothers me is that isn't harvesting tied to Growing Skill. How come their Yield Efficiency calculated?

There is a "default" skill level when a pawn have no skill level - if I'm not wrong, the skill level is 1. I could be wrong though. Thus they can do, but they are only as efficient as your worst pawn. (still, I could be wrong)

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 29, 2017, 05:55:24 PM
"so I'm thinking, either to nerf the purple or to remove the entire incident, and replace it with this "playing with fire" injection of PX-41 into your minion to make it "super minion", but with unstable mental state. (or chance of craziness)"

So its nerfing or removing incident?

LOL

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 30, 2017, 03:24:35 AM

There is a "default" skill level when a pawn have no skill level - if I'm not wrong, the skill level is 1. I could be wrong though. Thus they can do, but they are only as efficient as your worst pawn. (still, I could be wrong)

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 29, 2017, 05:55:24 PM

So its nerfing or removing incident?

LOL
Remove it, nerfing the minion would make it lame, but giving it a change to go beserk once it transforms would be a good idea.

firesphere

I have a minion with shattered spine. Both the latest 'A Dog Said' & 'Minions.' This is a new game after activating both latest mod. I crafted both the animal and colonist's spine, there's no option for me to add bill for a spine change operation.

Canute

Until Walking Problem made a new patch you need.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33512.0
And edit
...\Minions V4.2\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Minion_Base.xml
add ADogSaidBody="LegsTail"
behind Name="MinionThingBase"
Then you can install animal bionic spines on minions.

Nekokon

Quote from: Walking Problem on September 30, 2017, 03:24:35 AM

The base value is 1, but skill level for pawn works in a weird way that a few of them are capped well below 1 (100%) like melee for example, while some other can go much higher (research speed, constructing). Thus with the base value of 1, minions are OP at jobs with 100% skill cap (they got maxed hit/crit/avoid/yield) but only so so at others (mostly jobs that higher skill increases speed)

SpaceDorf

@WP ... maybe you should mention in your main thread that there is a 4.3 of your mod ?

Only if you like I mean ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

firesphere

Quote from: Canute on October 04, 2017, 09:15:38 AM
Until Walking Problem made a new patch you need.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33512.0
And edit
...\Minions V4.2\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Minion_Base.xml
add ADogSaidBody="LegsTail"
behind Name="MinionThingBase"
Then you can install animal bionic spines on minions.

Thx for the info

Canute

Dang, sorry i just notice i post the wrong entry, Minions should use
LegsArms = Basically humanoid
not
LegsTail = Standard quadrupeds like cats and dogs

For the spine it don't made a different, but you wouldn't install arms, but hmm Minion with 4 bionic legs ? :-)