Isn't the map big enough?

Started by ben33458, April 15, 2014, 09:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben33458

I know, the landing area was too easy to manipulate.
So they made it more random.
Random is fun.
More challenging.
But landing directly in the base or in the defence is hard.

So my people cry and mean I should invest in a incoming-warn-system.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Darth Fool

Yes, and landing through roofs that don't collapse is a little odd....

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Get a good computer and play at 900000. The map is hugh so raiders landing on you should never happen hasent happen to me yet.

Geeves

A roof would have prevented them from landing where they did.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Sion

Quote from: SurvivoroftheNoobs on April 27, 2014, 02:57:02 PM
Get a good computer and play at 900000. The map is hugh so raiders landing on you should never happen hasent happen to me yet.

You don't even need a good computer to play this game, I play on a 9M size map with my 6 year old Asus F5Z laptop, although I have upgraded it from Vista to Win-7.
Stats: http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-f5z-ap032c-15-4-athlon-64-x2-ql-60-vista-home-premium-3-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd/specs/
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Geeves

Smart upgrade, Vista was probably worse the XP was.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

a89a89

How do you do that?

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: a89a89 on April 27, 2014, 06:48:52 PM
How do you do that?
Just go to advanced settings when your picking your 3 new colonist
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

daft73

This landing in the base thing sounds crazy, but in reality it's when I'm getting most of my new colonists. There is such a delay in how long it actually takes for the raiders to appear from their crashed pods, I generally gang up around the with my colonists and melee them down. Instant new colonists. :o ;D

max97

yeah raining raiders is cool but it resulted in the loss of my colony, happened near the beginning of the game before i had even built a roof, like 3vs8