A16 UI Bug, hidden selection

Started by NoRd87, February 15, 2017, 11:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRd87

Hi

Lately I have this annoying bug => see screenshot attached (it isn's showing the whole selection....). It just  started like some days ago, didn't have it before. Maybe it is related to the other bug I have: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30575.0.

I use the "prepare carefully" mod installed otherwise vanilla. Don't think it matters, bug started before I installed the mod.

btw: What is the answer to: You cool a room with an air____. Should be condition or conditioning, shouldn't it???

EDIT/Update: I tried to reset the language to english (cause german usually has longer words than english, it often causes some trouble, typicall found in paradox games for example...), didn't help. Also I reduced the UI scale to the original size, doesn't change anything either. It is really a weird bug because it suddenly started to occur. When I start a new game it isn't there from the beginning but appears after a random amount of time played and doesnt go away again. It is kind of a game breaker when I for. ex. in screenshot 1 can't use granit slates...In an other savegame (not on the screenshots) I couldn't even chose trees to plant...

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nccvoyager

It's "air conditioner" actually.
English has some arbitrary and annoying rules regarding that sort of thing sometimes.
(The "er" added to the end of certain words, in English, often implies that the object does the thing it is named for in that case. A cooler cools, a heater heats, and an air conditioner conditions air.)

It looks like you only have marble blocks in storage, no granite blocks.
In one of the releases, the construction menu was truncated to only show building materials you actually have in order to save space.
Once you have granite blocks in storage you will be able to choose granite blocks for construction projects.

As for being unable to plant trees, I am unsure as to the cause.
If that happens again, please upload a copy of your output_log file.

(Instructions for that can be found here under section 6.)

ZorbaTHut

Aside from the tree bug, everything seems to be explained. No log for the tree bug, so closing this thread; if the tree issue reoccurs, please report!