spikes, colonies jumping backward and foward.

Started by zipqun, February 19, 2017, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipqun

hello,  I using modpack Hardcore sk global project v5 javel with A16, and i have problem after playing 2-3 h with those spike every time i playing rimworld, i tired to reinstall game, repaste mods, repaste modconfig, and every time its the same, even if i pause and move the screen that  i see have those spikes that mega weird, any one had smth like this ? any help ? + i dont have any red errors in tab i checked it many times.

here i recorded how its look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozMGEjBfJFs

nccvoyager

It is likely that your "free" RAM has been fully "reserved" after 2-3 hours.
This would lead to "spikes" of frame-rate drops as your CPU works double to attempt to find RAM that can be freed up for immediate use.
Shutting down your computer, waiting 15 seconds, and then starting it again will free your RAM.
In addition, if "hybrid sleep" is disabled, closing RimWorld, putting the system into hibernation, and then starting it again would also free the RAM.

(This may also have added benefit over shutting down and starting the system again, since some RAM is reserved during system startup, but that same RAM is not reserved after returning from hibernation.)

Other than that, colonies with a large number of colonists and/or animals will have resultant frame rate drops as a matter of course.

zipqun

Quote from: nccvoyager on February 20, 2017, 04:36:32 AM
It is likely that your "free" RAM has been fully "reserved" after 2-3 hours.
This would lead to "spikes" of frame-rate drops as your CPU works double to attempt to find RAM that can be freed up for immediate use.
Shutting down your computer, waiting 15 seconds, and then starting it again will free your RAM.
In addition, if "hybrid sleep" is disabled, closing RimWorld, putting the system into hibernation, and then starting it again would also free the RAM.

(This may also have added benefit over shutting down and starting the system again, since some RAM is reserved during system startup, but that same RAM is not reserved after returning from hibernation.)

Other than that, colonies with a large number of colonists and/or animals will have resultant frame rate drops as a matter of course.

no no, when i said after 3 h playing i mean all the time i playing from start the game, its cant be RAM cuz sometimes i start the game after i  starting cpu,  i thought mb i have slow cpu, but i googled it, and some ppl with very good cpu had same problem, so i dont know ;c

nccvoyager

Does this occur with a brand new colony?
(No mods, just started a new colony.)

If the frame rate still spikes up and down with a brand new colony, then something weird might be going on.
If this is so, please upload a copy of your output_log file.
(Instructions can be found in the "How to report a bug" sticky post in the "Bugs" forum section.)

On the other hand, if the game performs fine with a brand new colony, it is likely that your colony had grown large enough to cause these performance issues.
Unfortunately, at this time, there is nothing that can be done about it in that case.

zipqun

Quote from: nccvoyager on February 22, 2017, 03:33:37 AM
Does this occur with a brand new colony?
(No mods, just started a new colony.)

If the frame rate still spikes up and down with a brand new colony, then something weird might be going on.
If this is so, please upload a copy of your output_log file.
(Instructions can be found in the "How to report a bug" sticky post in the "Bugs" forum section.)

On the other hand, if the game performs fine with a brand new colony, it is likely that your colony had grown large enough to cause these performance issues.
Unfortunately, at this time, there is nothing that can be done about it in that case.
ok i tested game withouts mods, and there wasn't those spikes like in  game with mods (SK HARDCORE)   so how can i know which mod is corrupted for me ? ;c i must test every single mod ? 

zipqun

thx dude i dissable some mods and its working fine now THX :)

nccvoyager

Well, I'm glad it's working better now.
I apologize for not being able to provide more assistance to you, though due to the area I live in, I have not had internet access since my last reply.

Enjoy the digital suffering!