Selling of guns

Started by Farcrada, October 20, 2013, 12:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farcrada

G'day peeps,

So today we ran into somewhat of a "bug". When you're so far in the game that you basically only have to manage surviving and not so much building up the base, you also have tons of guns. I do not know if it's already been reported, but I think It'd be neat of you had a degrading price in guns when you sell them to a trader. For instance: you sell the pistol by Mister green for 172 first time. then you sell that gun. Next gun of the same has been degraded by 3-5% or something. Maybe you can sell in pack so you sell for more or something. Idk.

Just a heads up. Hope it's useful!

Greetings,
Farcrada

mumblemumble

This doesn't sound like a good idea, to be honest. Especially later game, there's less and less scrap to go around, so metal for repairs eventually MUST be subsidized by selling. And considering raids almost always end up losing metal, having the chance to sell the guns to hopefully break even is a good idea.

Plus...from a logic standpoint I don't see why the gun price would drop. Its not a bug at all, and selling guns in "packs" is normally cheaper. The theory with packs is selling for discount but still brings in more money, because people end up buying more, so selling your guns as packs for even more money makes no sense.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Farcrada

Ok, point taken. Just thought maybe it'd be a good idea to not end up with 60 million bucks with a seller to whom you can't even sell 3 shotguns too. Though, I have to admit. If you buy everything off them then sell them something... Then, yes. You can indeed sell them more.

mumblemumble

Quote from: Farcrada on October 21, 2013, 08:53:40 PM
Ok, point taken. Just thought maybe it'd be a good idea to not end up with 60 million bucks with a seller to whom you can't even sell 3 shotguns too. Though, I have to admit. If you buy everything off them then sell them something... Then, yes. You can indeed sell them more.
Well, if the issue is them not having a sufficient amount of cash, nerfing ONE thing which you can sell still doesn't even fix it. People still sell food, you know...and buying stuff late game is sort of needed since eventually the map runs out of metal.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Tynan

Thanks for bringing this up. I've made a special thread where we can discuss the many-guns problem in a more general way:

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=330.0
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke