zombies... lots of em.

Started by TheJelleyMan, October 20, 2013, 06:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxmutagen

Quote from: SteveAdamo on October 20, 2013, 10:55:39 PM
Quote from: Noxmutagen on October 20, 2013, 03:55:04 PM
viral plague
im definitely OK with a plague of sorts, as has been discussed elsewhere... but perhaps it simply leads to worker inefficiencies, mental breakdowns, requires quarantine to prevent spreading, etc.

I wouldn't want a zombie plague, the world is not fitting of a firefly inspired universe.

But a REAVER plague?

Yes. Well no, but yeah it'd fit. Something that caused people to become crazy and attack everyone without cause would be fitting. But the classic undead no, no that doesnt make any sense. Not for this game, as a mod, or something creepy or as a spooky whacky AI storyteller sure. But not as a base one.

nomadseifer

The Reaver backstory is a little complex to put into place I'd say.  Without the backstory as a part of gameplay...  they're just more disturbing zombies.  You know, because of the flesh-wearing. 

Also, the world isn't solely inspired by firefly so I wouldn't use that as a criteria for distinguishing worthy ideas from not. 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Spike

Quote from: Noxmutagen on October 21, 2013, 01:00:39 AM
I wouldn't want a zombie plague, the world is not fitting of a firefly inspired universe.

But a REAVER plague?

Yes. Well no, but yeah it'd fit. Something that caused people to become crazy and attack everyone without cause would be fitting. But the classic undead no, no that doesnt make any sense. Not for this game, as a mod, or something creepy or as a spooky whacky AI storyteller sure. But not as a base one.

So... you want attackers who charge in, shooting and killing your guys, and placing bombs and setting fires all over the place to destroy everything?

Right, pirates are already in the game.   ;)

Noxmutagen

Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2013, 09:24:42 AM
Quote from: Noxmutagen on October 21, 2013, 01:00:39 AM

But a REAVER plague?

So... you want attackers who charge in, shooting and killing your guys, and placing bombs and setting fires all over the place to destroy everything?

Right, pirates are already in the game.   ;)

No, they kidnap your people and eat them mostly. Raiders mostly loot, destroy, and move on. Reavers don't move on, and they don't retreat due to fear.

So it's requesting in-human adversaries. Which we currently don't have. That is why people enjoy the zombie genre, zombies aren't human.

Noxmutagen

Quote from: nomadseifer on October 21, 2013, 02:25:21 AM
The Reaver backstory is a little complex to put into place I'd say.  Without the backstory as a part of gameplay...  they're just more disturbing zombies.  You know, because of the flesh-wearing. 

Also, the world isn't solely inspired by firefly so I wouldn't use that as a criteria for distinguishing worthy ideas from not.

How complex? A lab tests a suppression drug to keep people loyal and complacent, jacks up, viral plague is released instead that turns men into flesh eating lunatics who sleep standing up.

That covers that.

SleepyFox

Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net