[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

Yes, it's Too Many Leathers that shows this dialog.
I should have mention in the dialog it comes from my mod...

I forgot to mention this feature on the topic...
actually I did.

Sinza

Ok. Good to know.
Will you release an update for SFS?

Wishmaster

Quote from: Sinza on March 14, 2017, 12:30:49 PM
Ok. Good to know.
Will you release an update for SFS?

2.0 version coming soon ! With UI, customizable policies, fixes and more !
Also that bug with wild animals hunting visitors will be fixed.

Sinza

Quote from: Wishmaster on March 14, 2017, 01:12:39 PM
2.0 version coming soon ! With UI, customizable policies, fixes and more !
Also that bug with wild animals hunting visitors will be fixed.

Great! I'm loking forward to that.
Keep up your good work.

ambivalence

WM, one more thing I wanted to ask: how does «Too Many Leathers» will work with mods like «Patchwork Leather» (file)? Does your mod allow to «unglue» combined leathers back from the tiered system?

Any news on «Patient Sanity», btw? or SFS? Again, thanks for the your mods.

Wishmaster

Quote from: ambivalence on March 15, 2017, 02:27:46 AM
WM, one more thing I wanted to ask: how does «Too Many Leathers» will work with mods like «Patchwork Leather» (file)? Does your mod allow to «unglue» combined leathers back from the tiered system?

Any news on «Patient Sanity», btw? or SFS? Again, thanks for the your mods.

I didn't know about "Patchwork Leather".
Patchwork Leather will allow you to mix all leathers, even tiered leathers.
And no, Too Many Leathers does not allow to unglue leathers to their vanilla origin.

I've tested patient sanity and it seems not to conflict with Medivac. At least the medical bed selection of Medivac is intact.

Regarding SFS, look above :).

If you have other questions, let me know.

Wishmaster

Updated SFS to version 2.0a.

Fixed that sick bug with wild predators, and added UI.
Hopefully it is stable because I made A LOT of changes and rewrote almost everything.
Please let me know if you find a bug !

All my mods are now on steam.

Complete change log here.

2.0 changelog

New features:

New: Added fully customizable policies. Visitors and other friendly have their own policy you cannot set however.
    New: Added UI to individually set policy for a pawn.

New: Improved food selection algorithm. More reliable.
        New: Food score optimized (again). Now takes into account wasted nutrition aswell as the cost of the food (based on the most cost efficient recipe).
        (for example meals require 55% of their nutrition as raw food to be made).

New: Strongly improved "Draw food search From mouse" feature in dev mode. Useful to see the effect of the mod or of a custom policy.
            -Use Hotkey (default "\") to cycle through modes.
            -Displays all score factors for a given food (distance, thoughts, policy factor...)
            -Highlights the best foods from the cursor and from the pawn's position.
            -Now shows the score for preys and plants aswell.
                -Will only show the score of items within a radius arround the cursor.
            -Draws the allowed area of the selected.
            -Stability: if the drawing throws an error, the option is automatically turned off.

New: Can now define a max hunt strength ratio for your predators pets. They will not hunt preys beyond this ratio. Ca

New: Pets will not hunt downed enemies you are capturing.
    New: Can now allow pets to eat trees (useful for those hungry thrumbos).
    New:  NPD now has an "animal" mode which prefers ingredients that most humans hate the most (human meat > insect meat > everything else).

Performances improvement:

New: Added food search cache to improve (again) performances.
    New: Limited food search amount for pawns (configurable).

Bug fixes:

MAJOR fix: Predators that converge on visitors when they arrive.
                The reason was wild animals will actually never hunt... except visitors.

Fix: Can't use foods for training/taming animals in some cases.
    Fix: colonist not being able to feed downed pets with food outside of their allowed area.
    Fix: Pets will now eat moss and dandelions like they eat grass. They won't however if they are in a plant pot.
    Fix: Pawn in Mental state will ignore their food policy.

Miscallaneous

New: Slightly improved compatibility report. Can now be printed on command (with different modes). Also will always be printed on start instead of being an option.
    New: Added French translation
    New: Updated ingame mod description

Fix: Code rework
    New: Completely rewrote the vanilla food selection related code (fully instead of partially)
    Fix: "Food pref" is now named "food category". Sounds better...

Lethe

Quote from: Wishmaster on March 20, 2017, 11:20:07 AM
Updated SFS to version 2.0a.

Fixed that sick bug with wild predators, and added UI.
Hopefully it is stable because I made A LOT of changes and rewrote almost everything.
Please let me know if you find a bug !

Bug fixes:

MAJOR fix: Predators that converge on visitors when they arrive.
                The reason was wild animals will actually never hunt... except visitors.

Congratulations~ I'm glad you figured it out! It seemed like it was really driving you nuts. It's neat that they were connected in the end. Would you care to say what the bug was? It always seemed interesting.

QuoteNew: Can now define a max hunt strength ratio for your predators pets. They will not hunt preys beyond this ratio.

I thought there was a settings option for this before, was it borking a bit previously?

QuoteNew: Added UI to individually set policy for a pawn.
Cool, I want to give my unskilled useless Jealous-traited hauler a poor diet, but since he's already jealous might not. :\ Still want to punish him for sleeping with his daughter-in-law and causing my two best pawns to be upset for 25 days aka 2 whole forevers. I hate Vlad so much. Everyday I think about killing him.

I'm psyched I can have my cannibals eat their food without having some idiot eat it then complain about cooked cannibalism! Like, if you knew it was there, why did you eat it?! >_>+ *string of curses*

Wishmaster

QuoteCongratulations~ I'm glad you figured it out! It seemed like it was really driving you nuts. It's neat that they were connected in the end. Would you care to say what the bug was? It always seemed interesting.

The problem was since I implemented prioritized hunt for pets. At some point, the mod will determine if a pawn should hunt or not, and wrongfully says "no" always, if the animal is wild.

I never noticed it because I never had a look at wild animals behavior nor did anyone, since they should be left completely unaffected by the mod....

That makes wild predators animals most often starving.
However they will allow themselves to hunt visitors (only, not caravans) but not all the time. The reason of this is still a mystery. But It seems that it only happen with hospitality.

So to summarize:
Step 1) Wild predator animals starve all the time.
Step 2) Visitors arrive and become the only available food for them...

QuoteI thought there was a settings option for this before, was it borking a bit previously?

Nope but there were an option to get your pets hunting on priority or not. Now this option is part of the new UI.

QuoteCool, I want to give my unskilled useless Jealous-traited hauler a poor diet, but since he's already jealous might not. :\ Still want to punish him for sleeping with his daughter-in-law and causing my two best pawns to be upset for 25 days aka 2 whole forevers. I hate Vlad so much. Everyday I think about killing him.

Aha. Don't you want to make him eat corpses forbid him food completely ? You now can do that !
I'm psyched I can have my cannibals eat their food without having some idiot eat it then complain about cooked cannibalism! Like, if you knew it was there, why did you eat it?! >_>+ *string of curses*

SFS should completely fix that issue. More: if you have both human meat and normal food in your dispenser, the dispenser will make a human meat meal for your cannibal guy ! :)

Thanks for your interest to the mod. I would not make mods without support.

Lethe

QuoteNope but there were an option to get your pets hunting on priority or not. Now this option is part of the new UI.

This picture is from 1.1d. Also, from your changelog:
Quotev1.1d (2017.02.21)

New: Nutrient paste dispenser rework.
New: Your pets won't hunt animals marked for taming.
New: Can now set a strength ratio limit for your pet's preys (mod default is 0.25, vanilla is 0.5).

Seems like the strength ratio is in 1.1d. Did it change in someway in 2.0? Guess I'm not understanding something...

QuoteAha. Don't you want to make him eat corpses forbid him food completely ? You now can do that !

Damn, I--I kinda wanna do that now. I did not think about forcing him to eat corpses exclusively before, but now that you mention it, that's a rather attractive idea...

Quotewill make a human meat meal for your cannibal guy ! :)
Well, I'll have you know that I have a female and male cannibal. Women can be cannibals too! #checkyourprivileged  </joke> ;p

QuoteI would make mods without support.
Good! You go modder! Let nothing stop you or get you down! You're a strong independent modder who don't need no fanbase.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Wishmaster

Quote from: Lethe on March 20, 2017, 02:20:12 PM
QuoteI would make mods without support.
Good! You go modder! Let nothing stop you or get you down! You're a strong independent modder who don't need no fanbase.

My brain meant "I would not* make mods without support". My hands typed otherwise.

And well you were right about the ratio... I don't even remember what I've done ! Somehow I've reworked how this works a lot too.

Pinkstache

The section you added on the needs tab makes it to where I can't see anything above the joy bar. Is there any option to put it somewhere else. Like the assign tab maybe?

AngleWyrm

An odd behavior, Smarter Food Selection

I had an injured harpy chick recuperating in an animal bed, and so one of the colonists went to feed it some grass, as is their preference. He picked a little bit of grass from an adjacent tile and then fed it to the chick.

During that time the little bit of grass regrew and he picked it again, and again and again. It looked rather like he was glitching out. Of course it can't be a glitch if you understand what's going on... :P

Anyway, my work-around to watching a guy spend all day wiggling next to a chick was to pave over all the nearby ground, but that sort of imposes on artistic expression for the sake of game mechanics.

Would it be possible to up the minimum amount of food they're willing to pick/haul/feed, so they don't pick a brand new sprout?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

faltonico

I thank you for your dedication and perseverance.
Thank you!

AngleWyrm

Further testing
It turns out that the flooring solution didn't work, and the pawns continued their behavior after a pause generated by unrelated outside events. The image of grass appearing and disappearing nearby is more likely dropped grass being repeatedly picked up.

I went into the menu and saw several possible priority orders, so I changed it from "Animals" to "*default" -- the one on the bottom of the list that says it's the vanilla behavior. The pawn stopped playing with grass, went to the kitchen and and grabbed a fine meal, and fed that to the chick.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh