[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

That behavior grass was unexpected. The temporary solution would be to assign them a policy without grass...
I will try to be possible to pick several stacks of grass or to set a minimum amount of nutrition.

Quote from: Pinkstache on March 20, 2017, 11:50:39 PM
The section you added on the needs tab makes it to where I can't see anything above the joy bar. Is there any option to put it somewhere else. Like the assign tab maybe?

So you are not the only one to complain about that... The UI is a bit invasive despite the spoiler button.
I could make the spoiler button hide everything.
But tbh I don't know where to put hit.
I did not want to create a specific root tab (on the bottom) because I think it would be more convenient to access pawn settings directly.
I did not want to create a new inspector tab (on the bottom left) because the maximum is 6.
Perhaps a floating window like moody will make it.

Fortunately I can make updates more often for steam users.

Pinkstache

Well, for now, I was able to fix it by setting my scale to .75, but I'll have to mess around with that since it's made a lot of things hard to read. Maybe add a message to SFS that if the UI is getting cut off go into LoalLow/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld by Ludeon Studios/Config and open Prefs.xml and lower the UIscale until they find a balance between seeing everything and being able to read that they like.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Pinkstache on March 21, 2017, 12:55:46 PM
Well, for now, I was able to fix it by setting my scale to .75, but I'll have to mess around with that since it's made a lot of things hard to read. Maybe add a message to SFS that if the UI is getting cut off go into LoalLow/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld by Ludeon Studios/Config and open Prefs.xml and lower the UIscale until they find a balance between seeing everything and being able to read that they like.

I'll find another way !
But why is it hidding everything above joy ? I mean It does not take a lot of space unless you spoil it or you have a low resolution.
Sorry but I have to ask: did you press the button again to hide the settings again ?

Pinkstache

Quote from: Wishmaster on March 21, 2017, 01:36:37 PM

I'll find another way !
But why is it hidding everything above joy ? I mean It does not take a lot of space unless you spoil it or you have a low resolution.
Sorry but I have to ask: did you press the button again to hide the settings again ?
The reason it was hiding everything it because of my resolution. I'm hooked up to a homemade TV (my brother-in-law likes to build things) and it's resolution is wonky, so I can only play in 1024x760 (or some 700). The UI in such low resolutions tends to be REALLY BIG. IDK if this was anyone else's problem, but for me, I think it's just the game being an issue not really your mod. Really this actually helped me since it made me look up how to manually edit the UIscale and now my furniture tab doesn't take up the whole screen lol.  If you want I can take a couple screenshots so that you can see what I'm talking about exactly.

Wishmaster

Oh well 1024x760.... !!
So I've slightly reduce the UI size can you have a look https://imgur.com/a/siU6l
And that's fine for screenshots, thanks. I can set my game resolution to 1024x too. Tried and it is, indeed...well...

Pinkstache

Quote from: Wishmaster on March 21, 2017, 02:01:38 PM
Oh well 1024x760.... !!
So I've slightly reduce the UI size can you have a look https://imgur.com/a/siU6l
And that's fine for screenshots, thanks. I can set my game resolution to 1024x too. Tried and it is, indeed...well...

I honestly forgot you could change your resolution lol.
And that look really good. Did you take the screenshots on 1024x760?

Wishmaster

Quote from: Pinkstache on March 21, 2017, 02:22:51 PM
Oh well 1024x760.... !!

No... But the UI is a bit less tall. Honestly I don't know how I can adapt it 1024x760 and... few people are on 1024x760.

Pinkstache

Quote from: Wishmaster on March 21, 2017, 02:41:02 PM
Quote from: Pinkstache on March 21, 2017, 02:22:51 PM
Oh well 1024x760.... !!

No... But the UI is a bit less tall. Honestly I don't know how I can adapt it 1024x760 and... few people are on 1024x760.

Yeah, I was pretty certain it was something that couldn't be fixed except with changing UIscale. Most games don't take into account low-end so most mods don't either (or can't). It's all good. Still love the mod.

Pinkstache

Oh also you probably already thought of this, but you should probably also see which other resolutions the UI gets cut off on as well. Maybe it's just 1024x760, but knowing which resolutions do it will probably help you troubleshoot when other people tell you their UI is getting cut off.

Canute

Tynan mention a minimum resolution, i think it was 1024x768.
Thats why you can't proper use it on netbooks with just 800x600.

Hans Lemurson

I'm curious as to the math behind the Growth Sync mod.  How does it actually go about balancing the growth between adjacent plots, and what is the reason for the 8% limit? 
Is it an arbitrary delineation to let different growth phases to be preserved? 
Or is it perhaps because each tile has 8 neighbors?
Curious minds must know!
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on March 22, 2017, 03:38:14 AM
I'm curious as to the math behind the Growth Sync mod.  How does it actually go about balancing the growth between adjacent plots, and what is the reason for the 8% limit? 
Is it an arbitrary delineation to let different growth phases to be preserved? 
Or is it perhaps because each tile has 8 neighbors?
Curious minds must know!

It's 8 % because it feels correct to me ! Yes, the rate is arbitrary somehow. And no, there is no connection with the fact that each tile has 8 neighbors.
If you are asking why there is a limit, it's because crops at 10% in a group where average growth is 70% would grow at a ridiculous rate.

The math is quite simple simplistic since i'm not very good at math.

growth delta = (average growth - plant growth) * 8

(yes, 8 again, no connection with the 8% limit either).

Tenshi~Akari

Thank you for the updates! Quick question though: Will the UI fix for the SFS update be available soon? Just asking, as a user w/ a very awkward 1366 x 768 resolution as max and also running across the visual issue of not seeing anything above the Joy need.  (UGH... who's bright idea was that to stop the screen sizes there?) :o

Wishmaster

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on March 22, 2017, 09:24:22 AM
Thank you for the updates! Quick question though: Will the UI fix for the SFS update be available soon? Just asking, as a user w/ a very awkward 1366 x 768 resolution as max and also running across the visual issue of not seeing anything above the Joy need.  (UGH... who's bright idea was that to stop the screen sizes there?) :o

I'm releasing a hotfix likely today for UI and other things. The second in 3 days already. Definitely better to be on steam !

Quote- Error with caravans when a pawn is hungry and you don't only carry food.
- Visitors NOT using the dispenser (as they use to in previous versions).
- Colonists fetching grass to feed injured animals.... Could be nice if it did not take ages to feed it completely.
- UI error when trying to spoil options for visitors or friendlies.
- Needs tab moved.

xion1088

Can you make the UI like the Health tab options?