[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pichu0102

Is there a way to reduce the search range for food when someone is hungry? On the largest map size, the game hitches when anything wants to eat.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Pichu0102 on April 01, 2017, 06:53:57 PM
Is there a way to reduce the search range for food when someone is hungry? On the largest map size, the game hitches when anything wants to eat.

I thought I fixed performances issues for good.

You can limit the search amount in settings, which does not set but limits the search radius (will take the closest food sources).
Since the default amount is quite high, this in most often effective for grass eating animals.

Note that wild animals use their script vanilla behavior and are not affected by the mod in any way.

Canute

The "Too Many Leathers" is very nice, but i think 16 tiers are still too much ! :-))
I know you didn't touch the any stats and just merged identical stats leather into a  Tier.
But many leather just little vari from some other.
I think with just 8 tiers the bandwight of all leather could be covered.

And i have another issue, not sure if Smarter food selection cause this or something else.
My animal trainer(s) pickup nearly any food for training, and the colony remain foodless after a while. It is nice cheat when they pickup all the fruits they got harvested a bit away. But carrying 100+ fruits+meals is far too much.
I didn't notice any similar problem at the threads i was reading, so i think its maybe a strange behavior mod conflict.

That colony was a fresh start.
Loading game with mods Core, Humanoid Alien Races 2.0, Apini Playable Race, RimWorld Minions V3, EdB Prepare Carefully, HugsLib, Animal Tab, Hand Me That Brick, Hospitality, Melee Rebalance, MineItAll, Hunt for Me, Pests, Wildlife Tab, Organized Research Tab, QualityBuilder, PrisonerRansom, RBSE Hardcore Edition, RePower, Shooting Skill Rebalanced v1.2, Stack Merger, WM Smarter food selection, Sync growth, WM Too Many Leathers, The A1000, Additional Joy Objects, Blowguns, ExtendedStorageFluffy, FashionRIMsta,
Glass+Lights, JTExport, Mending, More Furniture, MiningCo. ForceField, MiningCo. MiningHelmet, MiningCo. PowerFist, Core Driller, Core Driller - Stone Addon, Modular Power Armor, Camping Stuff, Set-Up Camp, Colony Leadership, PowerSwitch, RedistHeat, RimFridge, RT Fuse, RT Power Switch, RT Quantum Storage, RT Solar Flare Shield, [sd] advanced powergeneration, [sd] medicaddons, SS Lightning Rod, Turret Collection, Vegetable Garden , WM Medivac, Reuse pods, and AC-Enhanced Crafting

Wishmaster

The purpose of Too Many Leathers is just to merge all leathers and strictly save the vanilla game play.
16 tiers might be too much, but I'm personally happy to have 16 tiers instead of 40+ =) .

And yes the bug you are talking about is related to SFS.
Tbh I got quite lazy to completely fix it.
Also it is mentioned on the steam page. (I'm lazy slothful to synchronize both pages as well  ;D ).

Quote* Taming colonists will pick unlimited quantities of food when no appropriate food is available for the tamee. ONLY when "control pets" option is disabled.

Please let me know if it's not the case, if the issue I describe is not accurate.

And thank you for your support anyway !

Canute

Yep, enable these option at the mod option help's indeed.
Now the rest of the colony don't need to starve anymore.

About the leather,
maybe just create a 2.version with extremly only 4 tiers of leather. :-)
1- all small animals
2- simple class leather
3- better class leather
4- superb class leather (thrumbo).

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Canute on April 08, 2017, 08:54:02 PM
About the leather, maybe just create a 2.version with extremly only 4 tiers of leather. :-)
1- all small animals
2- simple class leather
3- better class leather
4- superb class leather (thrumbo).

This reminds me of the sight of what might be called pre-arranged folder structures; the application of an idea of structure into which future need is supposed to settle. While the intent of organization is commendable, it seems just a little bit premature, in that what actually arrives to be sorted does not necessarily arrange itself neatly into those bins.

So I'd like to suggest another approach: Observation sorting.
A group of things accumulates until it looks like it's going to be a large and unwieldy hassle. Then the developer observes the set until some natural order becomes apparent that can split out a substantial portion of the things into their own sub-group.

And so we have the growth of a folder tree, according to the need of it's contents.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Canute

Yep, more or less main criteria are the defence ability.
Tier 1 worest one.
Tier 2 blunt average
Tier 3 sharp average
Tier 4 both (thrumbo)

People will maybe miss the temperature varie from fur kind of leathers, but they still got the wool.
But i bet there will be people they  enjoy the simple of the new leather system, special when they fill up their storage with leather scraps anymore.

DukeAl

Hi, I have been using your leather mod for my last colony and loving it so far.
When I tried to load it today i got an error message and returned to the main menu.
I think it is connected to your mod because of the last messages in the output_log but I'm not sure. Maybe you could take a look at it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dr_Zhivago

I used this and the cave biome and caveworld flora mod. Doesn't seem compatible. Any plans to patch?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.0

Wishmaster

I have used those mods too and didn't have any problems or at least did not notice it.
The only one I've noticed was with Sync growth...

edit: All it happens it that the inspection string prints an error. But growth of those plants is not affected. You will just get an error when selecting them.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Wishmaster on April 12, 2017, 07:25:01 PM
I have used those mods too and didn't have any problems or at least did not notice it.
The only one I've noticed was with Sync growth...

Right I should have been more specific. Cluster Root appeared to have issues with sync growth, as well as the added crops.

DukeAl

Quote from: Wishmaster on April 12, 2017, 09:37:27 AM
Unfortunately I think the update feature of existing save game is broken.
You may have been prompted to update existing leathers right ?

Yes, I updated  the leathers two or three times before the save broke.

DanielLeal

Quote from: Wishmaster on February 20, 2017, 05:34:41 PM

Since i started to use your mod ( too manny leathers ) i cannot sell my leathers in big stacks and sometimes i have to sell 100 leathers 1 one by one  very annoying i should say :-\