[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

Quote from: Mitz on May 31, 2017, 07:46:30 AM
SFS took average time to fix.
i'll check mod compatibility with my modlist, and hope it works again.
one day playing a save in A16 SFS randomly broke down and stopped working.

I did only one minor change for the A17 version, beside adapting to the new version.
How did it happen ?

Pink Photon

Two things about SFS:

1. Animals aren't hunting in my games. I've never noticed it happen (in A17, I noticed it all the time in A16), and I just saw a Labrador retriever wake up in a room with kibble and a squirrel that had wandered in before I finished building the walls, and it went for the kibble instead of the squirrel.

2. Could you make "animals eat human corpses" a configurable option? For either roleplay or gameplay reasons, I usually don't want my animals to do so.

jpnm92

Ever since i first played rimworld i though it was quite autistic how many different fucking leathers there were in this stupid fucking game and that i couldn't stack different leathers.

Thank you.

Ps: I love Rimworld i'm just a toxic lol player

Wishmaster

Quote from: Pink Photon on May 31, 2017, 12:35:36 PM
Two things about SFS:

1. Animals aren't hunting in my games. I've never noticed it happen (in A17, I noticed it all the time in A16), and I just saw a Labrador retriever wake up in a room with kibble and a squirrel that had wandered in before I finished building the walls, and it went for the kibble instead of the squirrel.

2. Could you make "animals eat human corpses" a configurable option? For either roleplay or gameplay reasons, I usually don't want my animals to do so.

Back in old versions (1.*), there were indeed a major that bug that make wild animals never hunting at all.

This was fixed in 2.0. Make sure you are using the latest version.
Also Labradors and Husky are not predators therefore they will never hunt, even with SFS.

I may improve the UI one day and make this easier...
You can do that with a custom policy...

Create a file inside <mod folder>\Defs\Policies , call it as you want. I would type "animalsnohumancorpses.xml".

With steam the mod folder should be in ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\887716138\

Paste this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<defs>
      <WM.SmarterFoodSelection.Policy>
         <defName>SFS_DefaultPetPolicy_NoHumanCorpses</defName>
         <label>No human corpse</label>
         <conditions>
             <li>pet</li>
         </conditions>
         <description>Same as "Animals" default but will not eat humanlike corpses.
         </description>
         <diet>
                 Hunt /
                 Grass /
                 Hay /       
                 Kibble =
                 MealAwful /
                 MealSimple /
                 RawHuman /
                 RawInsect /
                 RawBad /
                 RawTasty /
                 InsectCorpse /
                 Corpse /
                 MealFine /
                 MealLavish
         </diet>
     </WM.SmarterFoodSelection.Policy>
</defs>

Quote from: jpnm92 on May 31, 2017, 01:40:29 PM
Ever since i first played rimworld i though it was quite autistic how many different fucking leathers there were in this stupid fucking game and that i couldn't stack different leathers.

Thank you.

Ps: I love Rimworld i'm just a toxic lol player

Thank you. Glad it helps people !

poolday

Hi and congratulations on the improvements of the mod, this mod is now a must-have for me!
Perhaps is there a way to make it different between packaged survival meals and other types of meals that I'm not seeing? because I've found my colonists eating my packaged meals and I want to save them for the caravans. Maybe I'm not seeing this option can somebody tell me if that option exists?
Thanks in advance

Canute

I don't that exist yet.
The problem are the packaged meals are fine meals, thats why your pawns prefer them before the most other mods.
And i don't saw an option to exclude them.
I agree that should be an option or default behavior to use the packaged meals at last choise.

Mitz

Quote from: jpnm92 on May 31, 2017, 01:40:29 PM
Ever since i first played rimworld i though it was quite autistic
why
why the autism insults
sigh.... people these days
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Ignoral

Small issue with SFS. When you recruit a colonist they keep the prisoner tag instead of defaulting to colonist, it's a small issue but it would be nice if prisoners once recruited got default colonist. Playing with a large colony it can sometimes be a little annoying to manually go through and switch everyone.

Antaios

I'm having an issue with SFS

I was noticing colonists eating on the floor more often than usual, so I did some testing in a clean test save with only hugslib and SFS, and compared it to vanilla behaviour.

It seems that SFS is causing colonists to always prefer to eat whatever food is in their inventory over any food elsewhere. They'll even prefer simple meals in their inventory over fine meals on the floor one tile away. This seems like unintended behaviour, especially since on the default colonist policy they prefer fine meals over simple meals when they have nothing in their inventory.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Ignoral on June 02, 2017, 05:07:50 PM
Small issue with SFS. When you recruit a colonist they keep the prisoner tag instead of defaulting to colonist, it's a small issue but it would be nice if prisoners once recruited got default colonist. Playing with a large colony it can sometimes be a little annoying to manually go through and switch everyone.

This has been an old issue. Seemed only to happen with some mods back in A16.

Quote from: Antaios on June 02, 2017, 11:02:23 PM
I'm having an issue with SFS

I was noticing colonists eating on the floor more often than usual, so I did some testing in a clean test save with only hugslib and SFS, and compared it to vanilla behaviour.

It seems that SFS is causing colonists to always prefer to eat whatever food is in their inventory over any food elsewhere. They'll even prefer simple meals in their inventory over fine meals on the floor one tile away. This seems like unintended behaviour, especially since on the default colonist policy they prefer fine meals over simple meals when they have nothing in their inventory.

I don't know why this is happening. Colonists your ignore their inventory if they have something better to eat.

Investigating on those issues.

MrWeeGee

Hey there, thanks for updating your mods to A17! The custom food policies are great -- didn't quite like my animals eating simple meals over berries, but it was an easy fix.

Quick question, do your reusable pods still require the landing controller? Noticed it was missing from the building menu, and when I went to check the Defs folder, I found that it was empty. Seemed like it was a mistake so thought I'd ask and let you know.

Wishmaster

Quote from: MrWeeGee on June 04, 2017, 06:48:56 AM
Hey there, thanks for updating your mods to A17! The custom food policies are great -- didn't quite like my animals eating simple meals over berries, but it was an easy fix.

Quick question, do your reusable pods still require the landing controller? Noticed it was missing from the building menu, and when I went to check the Defs folder, I found that it was empty. Seemed like it was a mistake so thought I'd ask and let you know.
Quote from: MrWeeGee on June 04, 2017, 06:48:56 AM

I indeed removed them.
And thank you for your support !!

Pink Photon

I finally got around to making the fix you suggested, and discovered that in the newest version you'd already implemented a "No human corpse" policy. Thanks!

Another issue has come up. I've caught my handlers using plant matter (hops and smokeleaf/psychoid leaves) for training herbivores. I just did a quick test, and it appears that they value it the same as hay (using whichever one is closer).

Wishmaster

Quote from: Pink Photon on June 09, 2017, 06:43:58 PM
I finally got around to making the fix you suggested, and discovered that in the newest version you'd already implemented a "No human corpse" policy. Thanks!

Another issue has come up. I've caught my handlers using plant matter (hops and smokeleaf/psychoid leaves) for training herbivores. I just did a quick test, and it appears that they value it the same as hay (using whichever one is closer).

Holy c***. I'm quite unhappy with that.
Can you paste me a log please ? I would only need one from launch with SFS enabled.