Penoxycycline &/or Neutroamine Adjustments

Started by Edge, February 20, 2017, 05:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

Currently it sells for $32, but the only way to acquire the materials is through a trader, which costs $35.25. I would like to suggest the ability to make Neutroamine, the sell price of Penoxycycline go up, the price of Neutroamine go down. This would better reflect the labor cost of making the medicine, which would be very useful for a good portion of the Rimworld. This would open the drug up to be profitable to make.

zeidrich

I disagree.  For most colonies Neutroamine is more valuable than Penoxycycline, why should it be worth less?

Neutroamine can be used to make medicine, wake-up and Penoxycycline. 

Penoxycycline is just penoxycycline.  It can't be turned back into something that could let you make medicine or wake-up.

It's not like it takes significant skill or time to make Penoxycycline from Neutroamine.  Unlike, say, armors or weapons or furniture which take significant time and whose result depends on the skill of the crafter.

Edge

I appreciate your point of view. Neutroamine does have many uses and once you make something with it, you can't make it into anything else. The part that I don't like is that it requires research to even make Penoxycycline and that Penoxycycline is more inherently useful in warmer parts of the world, than Neutroamine by itself sitting on a shelf. Usually, a finished product is more expensive to buy than the raw materials to make it, but I can also see why Neutroamine could be more expensive. I hope that some day Rimworld will have a supply & demand economic system.

Euzio

In the reality, probably as OP said. But for Rimworld context, I'll have to agree with Zeidrich on this. Neutroamine is just more valuable if we think about the usefulness of it. It is invaluable when making medicine and the added benefit of making Penoxycycline is an added bonus. If we were to make it craftable, it would devalue it too much.

That said, I do think its rather easy to acquire Neutroamine once you have enough of an economy going. In my previous game, I was constantly having about 500 - 600++ Neutroamine sitting around my base from trading.

grinch

Quote from: zeidrich on February 20, 2017, 07:36:08 PM
I disagree.  For most colonies Neutroamine is more valuable than Penoxycycline, why should it be worth less?

Neutroamine can be used to make medicine, wake-up and Penoxycycline. 

Penoxycycline is just penoxycycline.  It can't be turned back into something that could let you make medicine or wake-up.

It's not like it takes significant skill or time to make Penoxycycline from Neutroamine.  Unlike, say, armors or weapons or furniture which take significant time and whose result depends on the skill of the crafter.

sure, Neutroamine its the only mandatory money sink in my last 5 colonies