[A16] Repower - Machine Idling and Power Rebalancing

Started by Texel, February 21, 2017, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juujika

Quote from: fmauNeko on May 29, 2017, 05:14:01 PM
Hello,
I've been looking into patching this to A17, so I quickly threw the joined patch together, I can get the mod to compile and load without error, but haven't had time to test it.
Feel free to use it if it works, or laugh at me if I did something stupid !
Thank You, i will try it at this week. Still have to wait couple mods to updated before i can start a new game.
Its so annoying to click power off every time when they stop using devices and i dont want to spam batteries etc.

drakulux

Quote from: fmauNeko on May 29, 2017, 05:14:01 PM
Hello,
I've been looking into patching this to A17, so I quickly threw the joined patch together, I can get the mod to compile and load without error, but haven't had time to test it.
Feel free to use it if it works, or laugh at me if I did something stupid !
How do you open/use the .patch file?

drakulux

Not spamming, just really want this mod. Also If any modders can say what updating this mod would entail, I could attempt to do it myself (as long as it is just correcting vars and stuff not writing new code)

hiepbg

Quote from: drakulux on June 14, 2017, 05:51:12 AM
Not spamming, just really want this mod. Also If any modders can say what updating this mod would entail, I could attempt to do it myself (as long as it is just correcting vars and stuff not writing new code)

Can you post the update version? I want to use it :D

be_cracked

I got it compiled too and on first glance it seems to be working.

For those who don't know what to do:
Basically the .patch file from this post by fmauNeko needs to be applied to the source code files of this mod via git apply. (git apply didn't really want to work for me this time so I just did it manually with some Notepad++ magic)
You can open the .patch in a text editor of your choice and it just tells you what lines to change where. Basically '-' means line deleted '+' means added. '@@'-lines give you which lines and the ones without '-' or '+' are just for reference.

Once you've changed that you only have to

• Have .NET-Framework installed
  • Copy UnityEngine.dll, Assembly-CSharp.dll, HugsLib.dll, 0Harmony.dll to the Source folder of this mod (you can find the first two in "RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed" and the last two in the HugsLib mod).
  • Start a command prompt in the Source folder of this mod and run this command from the command prompt
c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\csc.exe /t:library /out:RePower.dll /r:0Harmony.dll,Assembly-CSharp.dll,HugsLib.dll,UnityEngine.dll RePowerDef.cs RePower.cs

to compile.

Now copy the created RePower.dll to the Assemblies folder and the mod to the Mods folder of Rimworld.

Edit 1: Minor typos

SpaceDorf

If it is still working without problems, how about sharing a little ?
:-)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wwWraith

drakulux, I've tried your dll but without success:
ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly RePower: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'HugsLib.ModBase' from assembly 'HugsLib, Version=0.16.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Looks like it tries to use HugsLib from A16, but I use its last A17 version of course.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

be_cracked

I am quite hesitant to upload this because I basicly did none of the work, but I guess for the sake of getting this mod to the none-techies, I will leave this here.
Remember that the actual work was done by the mod author Texel and fmauNeko by writing the patch.
If any of you two wants this gone, I will of course immediately comply.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Quote from: be_cracked on June 26, 2017, 04:22:12 PM
I am quite hesitant to upload this because I basicly did none of the work, but I guess for the sake of getting this mod to the none-techies, I will leave this here.
Remember that the actual work was done by the mod author Texel and fmauNeko by writing the patch.

And the techies that aren't using Windows (seriously why do Windows programmers keep using .NET instead of mono?), thanks.

be_cracked

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on June 26, 2017, 06:50:25 PM
Quote from: be_cracked on June 26, 2017, 04:22:12 PM

And the techies that aren't using Windows (seriously why do Windows programmers keep using .NET instead of mono?), thanks.

Well, .NET is the native way to go for Windows. But .NET-Core is like the official version of Mono and supposed to become the standard, so this should get better soon.

SpaceDorf

Well, there are techies and there are techies.

Thank you be_cracked

Texel and fmauNeko included.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

vaguiners

faltonico

THANKS A LOT TO be_cracked!!
Now I don't have to worry about flicking all of my benches when not in use! I set them all to 0 zero idle power consumption and base game power consumption when working, I can have autoflickable benches instead power rebalancing!
Of course also thanks to the author, for releasing his code, very appreciated indeed!.

You should all be turning off your electric appliances when not in use IRL!

be_cracked

Quote from: faltonico on July 04, 2017, 03:16:36 AM
THANKS A LOT TO be_cracked!!
Now I don't have to worry about flicking all of my benches when not in use! I set them all to 0 zero idle power consumption and base game power consumption when working, I can have autoflickable benches instead power rebalancing!
Of course also thanks to the author, for releasing his code, very appreciated indeed!.

You should all be turning off your electric appliances when not in use IRL!

Again I'd like to remind you that Texel and fmauNeko are the ones you should thank!