[mod request/idea] The Scenario of Apocalyptic Cold

Started by ambivalence, December 14, 2018, 06:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambivalence

Idea inspired by «Frospunk» (not an advertisement in any way). It would be great to have such a challenge – to have a battle not with bandits from other settlements, but with mother nature itself. The temperature should get colder and colder – abnormally colder, even comparing with everfrozen biomes. So, it would require new tactics, building more walls (maybe some special, heat-isolated kind of them), more heating elements (once again, if it's possible to create SUPER cold territory, it would be great to have at least one super-heater; see «frostpunk»). The key is to survive waiting for the sun.

It also could be special kind of event like toxic rain, but harder and longer, affecting all the planet (your other maps and AI colonies). Speaking about AI, it would nice to have a special kind of intercom interaction with them, last messages etc because most of them should die eventually. Last but not least, having some tough decisions through a quest framework (I know there're some mods; probably RimQuest by Jecrell) assuming long-lasting consequences would be also great.

ambivalence

Like it was said in the description of that mod, «Winter is Coming» setting is even harder alongside with ExtremeColds mod (link). I'll try it, thanks. Seems like 95% of what I want) Still, it would be great to have those heat-isolating walls, mega-heater and deadly effect for other colonies. For apocalyptic mood, you know.

Or, perhaps, there could be a chance to save them, to give them a warm place to hang out for a while... at least, for some of them. This is the challenge :)