Rim World Challenges

Started by dakenho, February 24, 2017, 05:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinquier

Planet of Terror:

Default Crashlanded settings, on a world with permanent game conditions:

- Volcanic Winter
- Toxic Fallout

Also, Cassandra extreme and minimum rainfall and temperature.

Limdood

Quote from: Trinquier on September 29, 2017, 10:59:20 PM
Planet of Terror:

Default Crashlanded settings, on a world with permanent game conditions:

- Volcanic Winter
- Toxic Fallout

Also, Cassandra extreme and minimum rainfall and temperature.

Not significantly different from one of the original challenges: The Engie "Sea Ice Challenge."

Even easier since you could land on the equator and outside exposure would be much less lethal (toxic fallout kills much slower than -200F temp)

Wanderer_joins

Quote from: Limdood on September 30, 2017, 11:00:16 PM
Even easier since you could land on the equator and outside exposure would be much less lethal (toxic fallout kills much slower than -200F temp)

Well, most of the challenges above are easier than a default rich explorer sea ice. And Engie was created with EdB prepare carefully, you've to randomize for a while in vanilla to get close to such a starting pawn.

piranha

Tried this yesterday and it was pretty fun:

Start with standard crashlanded scenario.
But think of these pawns as some kind of preparation unit. They have 1 year to build up a settlement.
Atfer 1 year, the rest of your colony will arrive, which will be about 20 (or as many as you like) escape pods arriving simultaneously on the map.
You have to rescue all of them and give them food, clothes and medical treatment.

You will have to use the devtools to achieve this ("Invoke incident" to spawn the pods and "Recruit Pawn" to instantly make them part of your colony).

Can you handle this sudden change to your colony?
Going from 3 to 20 colonists in one day is quite an impact ;)

Limdood

Quote from: piranha on October 13, 2017, 09:10:04 AM

But think of these pawns as some kind of preparation unit. They have 1 year to build up a settlement.
Atfer 1 year, the rest of your colony will arrive, which will be about 20 (or as many as you like) escape pods arriving simultaneously on the map.
You have to rescue all of them and give them food, clothes and medical treatment.

You will have to use the devtools to achieve this ("Invoke incident" to spawn the pods and "Recruit Pawn" to instantly make them part of your colony).

I like this.  It's interesting and inventive.

piranha

Quote from: Limdood on October 13, 2017, 09:42:15 AM
Quote from: piranha on October 13, 2017, 09:10:04 AM

I like this.  It's interesting and inventive.

Thanks, and it produces a nice little bit of chaos ;)
In my attempt, i had 5 pyromaniacs and 7 drug addicted incoming, all of them freaking out shortly after arrival.. what a mess :)

Combining this with sea ice challenge could also be interesting.

khun_poo

How about no weapon and security building challenge?

Actually, I can't find a way to make all colony pawn to become incapable of violent. Even I find a way for that, we'll still able to recruit raider who capable to do violent  ??? .

So! the rule is...

- Colonist are not allow to armed any weapon except hauling. However, unarmed weapon like bare hand, headbutt, prosthetic arm, power claw, scythe blade and bionic arm are allow to use in fight.

- You can't build any sandbag, dead fall trap, turret, IED and mortar.

I've test it and confirm that this challenge is doable. It's hard part at the start but pretty fun middle to late game.

Recommend faction: Tribal (you will need more manpower early at the game)
Recommend story teller: Cassandra and Phoebe.
Recommend map: Anywhere but sea ice. Go nomad if you like.

Endgame condition: Send 10 or more colonist to the space while have colony wealth more than 1,000,000.

::Hint::
- Tame animal, let's play Zerg style.
- You can still hunt at your own risk (no weapon, remember?)  :P
- You can do land fishing with beer.  :P
- You can use roof collapse trap to trigger poison/psychic ship. You can use this roof collapse trap to survive early raid event.
- You're allow to call friendlies to help you.
- Psychic Lance is your best friend ever.
- Pod launcher is destructive.

Slimy_Slider

The real 'Total Random'

Start a game with a random scenario (go to edit scenario and click "randomise seed", or you can put in whatever random seed you want), play on Extreme Randy Random and land on a random map tile.

How long can you last?

Mkok

The prison architect challenge:
Try to have as many prisoners as possible within a given time limit, lets say 3 in-game years  ;D

Optional: Freezing prisoners in cryopods, or purposely chopping their legs of is not allowed  ::)
Optional: decent conditions for prisoners have to be guaranteed at all times  ???

Haapz

Heres something i played a bit

10 people at start something like 1k pemmican and a bit of other stuff similar to the normal scenarios
a weapon for everyone which also defines difficulty a lot personally i took 5 great bows and 5 steel longswords
every 3 days a manhunter pack and every 20 days a plague.

the interval of days can vary and so can the disease but the idea is that you have set in stone killer events happening all the time.

SpaceDorf

Modders Challenge :

How many Mods can you use, without breaking the game  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Bolgfred

Never did, but I think its fun:

Allowed age range 70+ for colonists, wanderers and raiders

Could increase strarting number of colonists, as they will fade away soon anyway..

by these there should be a significant chance of a raid defeating itself by having heart attacks while approaching :-)
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Bolgfred on October 16, 2017, 09:10:50 AM

by these there should be a significant chance of a raid defeating itself by having heart attacks while approaching :-)

Due to some weird mod interaction I had this happening to me .. one faction always attacked with a bunch of elders and cripples which fell over as soon as they entered the map .. those who could still walk fled in panic.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TarloAshim

Here's a fun variation on several of these challenges. A misandrist amazon wealthseeker tribe that starts out as an outcast.
- You start with just a single completely naked woman without a single item.
- You can only hit random until you've got a woman and that's who you're stuck with.
- You start without a single technology researched.
- If there is gold (or anything made of gold) or art in any trade transaction, you must aquire as much value worth as you can and it takes priority over any other purchases.
- Only women are allowed to join the colony. Men are flat out killed if they get downed somewhere on your map (Visitors are okay though).
- If someone asks for help, you have to oblige, however, if a male joins, they have to be killed.

Extra challenges:
- Do this on a max heat, max rain planet.
- You can only stay on a map for one year before you have to migrate elsewhere.
- Only use at best medieval weaponry (no guns or explosives).
- Only build using wood.

Eterm

"ode to the atom"

When not building a spaceship I like to make my, "I've made it" condition building a grand uranium sculpture.