Super stupid things you've done

Started by jpinard, February 24, 2017, 06:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

I was trying to make an "excellent" level survival rifle or better.  I had plenty of materials and was getting mad  because I could have sworn I'd seen people constantly making them then they'd disappear into thin air.  After a ton of lost materials and 2 weeks of time I decided to just watch what happened upon completion.  Upon completion the pawn immediately took 3 steps to the smelter and melted it down.  Oops!  :P  I forgot at one point I deemed survival rifles and pistols worthless so I'd set an auto-bill to always melt them down.  I thought I'd only had it set to just melt down low hp weapons.

bierdeckelkanne

At least you got good practice for your crafter :P

Not that stupid but when you have a stack of 9 meals, and then put one meal with human meat on it. Tilts me every time as it is very hard to avoid.

FatMan

Quote from: bierdeckelkanne on February 24, 2017, 07:17:50 PM
Not that stupid but when you have a stack of 9 meals, and then put one meal with human meat on it. Tilts me every time as it is very hard to avoid.

I always thought it was rather easy not to make people in meals and then worry about the organization of it.
lol

Tekuki

but the survive rifle is kinda good since it like a sub sniper and do pretty good dmg

Hans Lemurson

I used my wind turbines for cover once.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

LanceKalvaz

On an early game I had all my pawns digging out a modest cavern to be a sheltered and safe main storage area. I didn't know you had to actually support the roof as you dug.. All 3 dead instantly.  ;D

makapse

I once ordered my pawn to fire a grenade point-blank. But the stupidest thing that i have done is shoot at a thrombo with only 1 guy equipped with a pistol.

b0rsuk

Quote from: makapse on February 25, 2017, 05:15:42 AM
But the stupidest thing that i have done is shoot at a thrombo with only 1 guy equipped with a pistol.

What did you expect ?

A Friend

I gave a volatile brawler a plasteel longsword.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

XeoNovaDan

Didn't wall off when playing with Cassandra Intense on my Extreme Desert colony in A15. Okay, that's probably not the stupidest thing I've done, but I can't remember most things.

The consequence? Read the top line of my signature :P
Although that could've also been horrible luck. The first parts alone cost 5 colonists (from 11), and I barely repelled the siege assault, and most were extreme break risk and getting infections as too much was happening. In the end, everybody died except one which was arrested on daze (the person that arrested her later keeled over from infection as nobody could tend to her), and then malnutrition and raiders took care of the rest.

Shub-Niggurath

Being new to the game the stupidest thing I'd say I've ever done was..
Not ever building gun turrets, and instead using dead fall traps.

makapse

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 25, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
Quote from: makapse on February 25, 2017, 05:15:42 AM
But the stupidest thing that i have done is shoot at a thrombo with only 1 guy equipped with a pistol.

What did you expect ?

It was an accidental hunting mission that i gave when i was half asleep instead of taming.

Listy

Oh look, a Thrumbo heard.

Now I have this legendary Doomsday missile, might as well mix them together as there's nothing I need the doomsday launcher for.

So I got a bloke to arm himself and fire.

He promptly missed, and hit the corner of my base causing some explosive and lots of flames in my hospital.

giannikampa

I payed to have some merchants, they came and the guy with the question mark got asleep outside, I sent an hunter to shoot a bear nearby, the bear got angry, my hunter ran away and the bear killed the sleepig guy then got killed, so I could not trade with them. 300 silver wasted
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

jpinard