Super stupid things you've done

Started by jpinard, February 24, 2017, 06:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: Shub-Niggurath on February 26, 2017, 01:33:56 AM
Being new to the game the stupidest thing I'd say I've ever done was..
Not ever building gun turrets, and instead using dead fall traps.

I have played quite a bit and I went the other way. I started off using turrets and not gun traps and now that I am more experienced I exclusively use traps and not turrets.

makapse

By using traps, you mean cheesing the game path logic, while by turrets, its cheesing the a different path logic again. Not much difference there other than that you can use turrets without cheesing if you want to. Atleast, the drop pods make both obsolete.

travin

I make lots of stupid mistakes, this would be a very long list. ;)

SpaceDorf

I forgot to remove the Minigun from my hunter after an attack.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

travin

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 03, 2017, 02:44:29 PM
I forgot to remove the Minigun from my hunter after an attack.

You reminded me, I did something like that and later found my pawn hunting capybara near my base with an RPG launcher. Nearly burned down my colony.

Brutetal

Had a pirate rescue event and rescued succesfully a quite good crafter.
I sent her immediately to the drug lab to make some flake. This colony did live off of drugs, and I needed a decent crafter because I got only 6 pawns and all were terrible. She had a burning passion, so perfect match.
Of course I did NOT check the health tab. I was thinking why it took her so lobg to churn out that flake and... Yup, she's snorting flake.

She had an already raging withdrawal from yayo addicition and decided to hook up on flake instead. I mean if you make you can take it...?

Since then I always check the health tab before assigning pawns to jobs.

jpinard

I have a similar one to the above.

I had a dog that would intermittently get high on flake.  Couldn't understand why since I had finally moved all my drugs to a closed room.  After 2 more near overdoses I decided to sit around production room to check out what was going on. After a bit  it became apparent I'd forgotten to take flake production off "drop" and reset it to "take to best storage".  So when the dog for a taste of drugs got his chance instead of hauling it, he'd grab it, awalk halfway to the room, look around, then scarf it down!  Then spend the rest of the day passed out or wondering around high as a kite!

Hadien

Quote from: makapse on February 26, 2017, 02:03:43 AM
Quote from: b0rsuk on February 25, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
Quote from: makapse on February 25, 2017, 05:15:42 AM
But the stupidest thing that i have done is shoot at a thrombo with only 1 guy equipped with a pistol.

What did you expect ?

It was an accidental hunting mission that i gave when i was half asleep instead of taming.

Stupid thing 1) For me... I just wanted to watch the world burn

Stupid thing 2) that same Pawn, Cross. I once forgot that I equipped her with molotovs (she's one of my hauler+cleaner)  and had her set to aggressive stance. then during an infestation she decided to pickup some of the fresh megaspider corpses , turns the corner and throws a molotov point blank, catching herself and half my fire-line on fire (totally missing that scarab though).

Stupid thing 3) it happens way to often that during manhunter packs I don't forbid my outer doors (so that they can be repaired) and while 20 wargs are prowling right outside they think its a perfect time to clean up all that animal filth.

stupid thing 4) I have forced a colonist to prioritize tailoring and then forget about them, and the next day I'll ger a psychocic wandering cause they didn't stop working to go eat, sleep, and find joy