Disturbed Sleep while anesthetized

Started by BoogieMan, February 25, 2017, 04:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

People who are anesthetized are getting stacks of disturbed sleep debuffs just from people entering the room.

I do have Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering installed, not sure if that has anything to do with it..

A16

nccvoyager

I will confirm that I have seen this in the vanilla game.
This happens when a pawn is unconscious due to anesthetic and also when a pawn is unconscious due to extreme pain or sickness.

Suggestion for Ludeon: Perhaps checking why the pawn is unconscious before adding the "disturbed sleep" debuff may be a good idea?
Up to you guys though.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. This is a known.... thing, and while I personally think there is a good argument for saying disturbed sleep shouldn't be applied when a Pawn is unconscious, this issue was reported recently in another bug thread, and there Tynan commented that he is okay with this. Here is a link to that thread, and a quote of Tynan's comment.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29566.0

Quote from: Tynan on January 19, 2017, 03:48:51 PM
I understand, but I think it's fine. It serves the design purpose. Thanks for mentioning anyway.

So based on Tynan's comment, I think I'm going to close this now. At some point Tynan may revisit this, and similar "I understand the issue/point, but I'm okay with this" issues (although please note that is just my guess, and not something Tynan has said), but for the short-medium term I can't see any changes getting made to this, so the thread should be closed (plus I'm pretty sure Tynan would close this thread himself if he sees it. So I'll hopefully save him the time).