[Mod Request] Borg / Cyborgs

Started by Dan85, October 01, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan85

With the new alpha released today it looks like you can "modify" your colonists quite a bit, I haven't had a chance to play it but the Borg instantly came to mind with claw hands and bionic eyes. What does everyone else think?

Matthiasagreen

youcan do both dionic eyes and claw hands. Doesn't sound like a need for a mod!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

James009

All we are needing is the ability to create the modifications ourselves (and create medkits). Certainly makes traders more valuable!

But yeah, the upgrades are already there ingame now! I guess we could always add more variety to them. Regardless, this is quite exciting!
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

togt

I am all for raiders with implants. Let the harvesting commence once you knock them out.

Ouan

Togt,
  I have totally harvested bionic parts from my raiders, so there is already a good presence for it in game. What we need to a great mod that will either allow us a greater "knockout" chance or the ability to harvest those bionic parts from people who we kill. Right now I have not been able to do that, only to remove them from people I have captured. In the future I expect that we will gain the ability to research up to the ability to produce our own bionic parts/ simple prosthetics, but as with med-kits we are dependent upon random events/ traders for our cybernetic colonists.
Damn Pirates!

Wex

Let's go full cyberpunk and harvest bionic implants from corpses! I like that!  :)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Drahkon

Bleh, my luck must be bad. I've never seen a raider with bionics to steal - and I've seen a lot of raiders.

Wex

They are rare, and you have to not kill them outright, but I found random people with implants.
One was a peg leg, the other a bionic arm.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Chris_Ryker

Super late but I see no one has made one for the past 2 years so thats what I am doing!

SuperSuit12

Quote from: Alto Clef on February 23, 2017, 08:53:25 PM
Super late but I see no one has made one for the past 2 years so thats what I am doing!
what are you going to make? you can already give your colonists bionics, both simple improvements and power claws
heck you can even rip the blade-arms off robots and put them on colonists?
This was a request saying "if this doesn't exist, can someone add it" and the second post said "yes, it exists already, have fun"

so uh
what are you making and why did you need to announce it in a 3 year old thread?