[B19-B18] Spdskatr's mods | We Factorio now? (20 Jun)

Started by Spdskatr, February 25, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosChronicler

Heh when I first saw the graphic for mass storage I thought it be something like a cellar or basement to store things. The fact it can store all that is really out there though the counter balance is good.

Actually it would be cool to have a cellar/basement version of this. Have storage by designating an area and that is relatively how much storage space you get.

Canute

Isn't it ?
The platform start to drill slowly into the deep for a 2x2 hole to store things. The power usage is needed for the drilling and liftstoragesystem.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Canute on March 23, 2017, 03:44:55 AM
Isn't it ?
The platform start to drill slowly into the deep for a 2x2 hole to store things. The power usage is needed for the drilling and liftstoragesystem.
You're not the first person who's thought of this ;)

Yeah, I once had a mod very similar to that in development, dubbed "GeoStorage". It's currently on hold because I made it too confusing and complicated to use :P

Also, I've made a new poll! Do you guys think that there should be Factorio-style crafters in RimWorld, or just use Misc. Robots++ ?
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

ChaosChronicler

Been a long time since I've played Factorio, but yes that would be cool if it isn't to complicated for you to make

Spdskatr

Poll conclusive, 11 votes to zero. Guess I'll have a new job then.
My mods

Spdskatr

I'm back with an update!

Here's what I've been working on so far. The building can now craft and output items and you can set their input/output configuration, however the workbench has to face the direction of the arrow. It works as fast as a level 0 (I think?) crafter but the quality is equivalent to level 10.

A mini production line!

To-do:
* Reserve workbench
* Check if workbench has power
* Take bill off bill stack once done
* change colour of output direction
* Make the machines be very bad at art
* Allow/disallow taking forbidden items
*********GET A BETTER TEXTURE

No ETA yet.  :(
My mods

Spdskatr

Auto-crafter is out! It's called S.A.L.: Station Automation and Logistics
My mods

Apo

Hi, I just noticed a little bug in code. In SS Mass Storage research there are lines:

<requiredResearchFacilities>
      <li>MultiAnalyzer</li>
     <li>HiTechResearchBench</li>
    </requiredResearchFacilities>

And because of that research cant be made. Instead it should be like:
<requiredResearchBuilding>HiTechResearchBench</requiredResearchBuilding>
      <li>MultiAnalyzer</li>

Hope I helped. Cheers for great work.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Apo on April 11, 2017, 08:16:34 PM
Hi, I just noticed a little bug in code. In SS Mass Storage research there are lines:

<li>MultiAnalyzer</li>
     <li>HiTechResearchBench</li>

And because of that research cant be made. Instead it should be like:
<requiredResearchBuilding>HiTechResearchBench</requiredResearchBuilding>
      <li>MultiAnalyzer</li>

Hope I helped. Cheers for great work.

Oops, I forgot to push to Github. Thanks for the reminder, I fixed that in steam version already. >.>
My mods

HappyPotato

Hey is it ok if I ask of something?...

Can you make a dropbox link to the other downloads (main mods, you already did it with the battery, etc ones) since I don't have the steam version or know how to work the configurations of the files in github to get the mod?

Canute

Quote from: HappyPotato on April 15, 2017, 08:14:47 PM

Can you make a dropbox link to the other downloads (main mods, you already did it with the battery, etc ones) since I don't have the steam version or know how to work the configurations of the files in github to get the mod?
Yeah, he is a lazy dev like many other, he could made it easyer for simple gamer but.

At github, it is normaly very intuitiv. When you don't find a download under release,
look for  the green button "Clone or download".
Download as zip.
You are geting a zip <modname>-Master.zip  just unzip this into your mod folder. You can remove the "Master" from the folder inside the zip but not nessesary.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Canute on April 16, 2017, 01:56:01 AM
Quote from: HappyPotato on April 15, 2017, 08:14:47 PM

Yeah, he is a lazy dev like many other, he could made it easyer for simple gamer but.

At github, it is normaly very intuitiv. When you don't find a download under release,
look for  the green button "Clone or download".
Download as zip.
You are geting a zip <modname>-Master.zip  just unzip this into your mod folder. You can remove the "Master" from the folder inside the zip but not nessesary.
Summed up very nicely.

I will, however, include dropbox links to earlier alpha versions (when it happens) of the mod because I don't expect anyone to know how do scroll down to previous versions.
My mods

Canute

You don't need dropbox links, just made a own archive like you would do it and store at under release at github, and link these at the 1. posting.
So when you click at these link at the 1. posting you geting the download without open the github page.

HappyPotato

Spdskatr

SS No Rogue Robots

Just a fix to stop pawns with mechanoid flesh type that aren't even from the mechanoid faction spawning in ancient dangers. Useful for the Raiderpede mod!

Preview image: Raiderpede, Drawn by A Friend, in Jdalt's Raiderpede mod.

No mods are compulsory for this mod to function. Click here for Jdalt's Raiderpede mod

Download - GitHub(B19 version only) - GitHub(All earlier releases) - Steam
My mods