[B19-B18] Spdskatr's mods | We Factorio now? (20 Jun)

Started by Spdskatr, February 25, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spdskatr

SS Raiders Can Swim

Look out! It's a raider... swimming through the water?

With this mod, raiders can swim through deep water! But that means your colonists can as well...

People can swim through deep water at 4.2% move speed. No other stats are affected while in deep water. Oh, also, they'll be considered as "lying down" (lower accuracy). Yes, it works with Rainbeau's Fertile Fields (Impassable water will be passable) and sd Terraforming remains untested.

Mod Conflict/Issue Reporter Status: None

Download - Dropbox(A16) - Dropbox(A17) - Dropbox(B18) - Steam
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

t3ff13

Might be a retard but the Autocrafters don't seem to play nice with Fluffy's Breakdowns. The crafters monopolize the station and don't allow it to be "maintained" / repaired.

Also, I am totally a retard. How does the auto crafter work when your craft requires more than one ingredient? Do I have to set up a mass storage thing on the input spot, or use rollers?

t3ff13

Oh, also, the text at the very bottom when you click the assemblers is cut off, so I have no idea what it says. This is at ui scale 1.0 and 1080p resolution.

Spdskatr

Quote from: t3ff13 on May 03, 2017, 11:34:15 PM
Might be a retard but the Autocrafters don't seem to play nice with Fluffy's Breakdowns. The crafters monopolize the station and don't allow it to be "maintained" / repaired.

Also, I am totally a retard. How does the auto crafter work when your craft requires more than one ingredient? Do I have to set up a mass storage thing on the input spot, or use rollers?

Oh, also, the text at the very bottom when you click the assemblers is cut off, so I have no idea what it says. This is at ui scale 1.0 and 1080p resolution.
1. The S.A.L. auto-crafters work too hard, such that they are crafting at the station at all times. I should probably fix this but currently the only way to let it have a maintenance break is by using timed switches.

2. Yes, that's what Industrial Rollers is for. I'm also thinking about tweaking this mechanic a bit as it gets quite a few people.

3. Yes, the inspect string can get a bit long at times. Rest assured they're just listing the ingredients needed.
My mods

t3ff13

Quote from: Spdskatr on May 04, 2017, 08:41:24 AM
Quote from: t3ff13 on May 03, 2017, 11:34:15 PM

1. The S.A.L. auto-crafters work too hard, such that they are crafting at the station at all times. I should probably fix this but currently the only way to let it have a maintenance break is by using timed switches.

2. Yes, that's what Industrial Rollers is for. I'm also thinking about tweaking this mechanic a bit as it gets quite a few people.

3. Yes, the inspect string can get a bit long at times. Rest assured they're just listing the ingredients needed.

1. Thanks for answering, it's a great mod, and it makes sense that the automatic crafters work non-stop. Maybe they could be patched to repair the station they're at? Because otherwise what happens is the station breaks down and the crafter has to be uninstalled.

2. Can I use the mass storage thing instead? It would just look silly for me to have a conveyer belt in my fridge for just two ingredients to go in a circle around my input spot.

Edixo

Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Spdskatr

Quote from: t3ff13 on May 04, 2017, 02:14:08 PM
1. Thanks for answering, it's a great mod, and it makes sense that the automatic crafters work non-stop. Maybe they could be patched to repair the station they're at? Because otherwise what happens is the station breaks down and the crafter has to be uninstalled.

2. Can I use the mass storage thing instead? It would just look silly for me to have a conveyer belt in my fridge for just two ingredients to go in a circle around my input spot.
1. I'm planning on working on a timed mode, which allows you to configure the times of activeness/inactiveness daily for maintenance breaks.

2. I don't have an idea how you could use it with mass storage, but if it works, it works! If it succeeds I'd like to even see what your setup was.
My mods

Dr_Zhivago

You should make a "Raiders can swim" version with impassible water still being impassible. Don't know if it's difficult, but might be nice to still have that functionality.

Spdskatr

New mod! SS Cultivator Tools

I've also made a completely programmable automatic vat mod, that are meant to fully automate beer production, but can also be used for other recipes. Check it out, MikeRobe's using it in the leaani mod.
My mods

Love

Have you filed a bug report to get the rogue robot thing fixed officially?

Love

Getting an error on load with A17 Raiders Can Swim on game launch

Found no usable data when trying to get defs from file Patches.xml
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator226:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlLoader.cs:156)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:168)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:74)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:92)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__858() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__856() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

No other mod I have has a Patches.xml

Spdskatr

Quote from: Love on May 18, 2017, 01:44:58 PM
Getting an error on load with A17 Raiders Can Swim on game launch

Found no usable data when trying to get defs from file Patches.xml
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator226:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlLoader.cs:156)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:168)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:74)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:92)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__858() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__856() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

No other mod I have has a Patches.xml

Huh... that's weird. Never happened to me and I play with the mod every day. Does that make water impassable?

Quote from: Love on May 18, 2017, 09:28:01 AM
Have you filed a bug report to get the rogue robot thing fixed officially?
No Rogue Robots actually has to be updates every build, I'm waiting for A17 to release onto main branch before I update it again.
My mods

libra00

Hey Spdskatr, just grabbed AnimalStations via the A16 release link and in the mod list it says 'This mod was not made for this version'.  Doesn't throw any errors, though I haven't tried to launch a colony yet.  But I was looking at the files and about.xml says:
<targetVersion>0.17.1526</targetVersion>

Probably just an oversight, not a big deal, but it might confuse people so I figured I'd let you know.  While I'm here, any chance there's an A16 release of Cultivators laying around I could get my hands on?

Spdskatr

Quote from: libra00 on May 20, 2017, 11:34:22 PM
Hey Spdskatr, just grabbed AnimalStations via the A16 release link and in the mod list it says 'This mod was not made for this version'.  Doesn't throw any errors, though I haven't tried to launch a colony yet.  But I was looking at the files and about.xml says:
<targetVersion>0.17.1526</targetVersion>

Probably just an oversight, not a big deal, but it might confuse people so I figured I'd let you know.  While I'm here, any chance there's an A16 release of Cultivators laying around I could get my hands on?
...Oh shit. I forgot to change the target version. It should work, nonetheless, I've tried it

And also regarding the A16 version of Cultivator tools, I actually developed that mod for A17 because I thought A17 would release well before I could publish my mod, so no A16 version, sorry. Guess I was wrong, but A17 shouldn't me much longer a wait ;)
My mods