[B19-B18] Spdskatr's mods | We Factorio now? (20 Jun)

Started by Spdskatr, February 25, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

Love the idea of the stacking research, though I think it might be trying to stack non-stackable things.. all my apparel and weapons now have a 1 under them.

I also noticed it did the same for slag chunks.

Is that meant to be a feature? If so, can I turn it off?

Yea, it is stacking furniture as well, which makes many of them bug out and not be installable after. Specifically it has happened to my robots base stations stacking, and only the first on of the stack is installable.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Plasmatic on June 17, 2017, 07:57:42 AM
Love the idea of the stacking research, though I think it might be trying to stack non-stackable things.. all my apparel and weapons now have a 1 under them.

Yea, it is stacking furniture as well, which makes many of them bug out and not be installable after. Specifically it has happened to my robots base stations stacking, and only the first on of the stack is installable.
Disabled stack limit increase for apparel and minified furniture. They're probably not meant to be multi-stacked. This should hopefully fix bugs.

EDIT: Yeah, any item with more than one stack count has a label now. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to recognise if it had 5 or 26 in a stack.
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Plasmatic

Quote from: Spdskatr on June 18, 2017, 04:10:27 AM
Quote from: Plasmatic on June 17, 2017, 07:57:42 AM

Disabled stack limit increase for apparel and minified furniture. They're probably not meant to be multi-stacked. This should hopefully fix bugs.

EDIT: Yeah, any item with more than one stack count has a label now. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to recognise if it had 5 or 26 in a stack.

Thanks that will most likely help. I was using Misc. Robots++ and it was stacking different robots in the same stack and when it did, the rest of the stack was basically just an image, I had to open dev tools to get rid of it.

What about weapons? Will they still stack? Don't think I noticed any bugs with those, but I find it nice to see my inventory of weapons at a glance :)

But perhaps it's just me, if the majority would prefer stacking weapons then I can live with it.

Spdskatr

There really isn't any bug with weapons just yet, in playtests colonists only equip one... So I left it be.
My mods

historic_os

SS Researchable Stat Upgrades and SS Damage Indicators looks so cool! how did i miss that!
at least now i have 2 new mods to play around with once i actually get to play the game :)

great ideas!

Spdskatr

Quote from: historic_os on June 18, 2017, 09:13:19 AM
SS Researchable Stat Upgrades and SS Damage Indicators looks so cool! how did i miss that!
at least now i have 2 new mods to play around with once i actually get to play the game :)

great ideas!
I had a wild hair or two back in May when I thought of those ideas. Though I can't give all credit to myself for Researchable Stat Upgrades - Ramsis kind of hinted to it :P

Researchable Stat Upgrades was also a little fun to see how far I could get a mod without replacing any code in Core, contrarian to the idea, I didn't detour/harmony a single line!
My mods

dookie

Quote from: Spdskatr on June 15, 2017, 08:27:43 AM
I fixed it! :D

Thank You.  I'm guessing not that many people use SS Clocks, but I'm grateful. 

Your other mods are great as well.  The automation stuff is really cool, although I've only tested/played with the animal station and cultivator so far.  The lightning rod is cool too. And moreover, who doesn't need bigger batteries and fuses or damage indicators? 
Your mods are some of the most useful ones available IMO.  Thanks again.

asquirrel

Thank you for damage indicators.  Looks wicked cool!! :)

Canute

About SS Cultivator Tools,
-i just notice the cultivator ignore the allow sow toggle of the growing zone.
Not sure if this a bug or feature, but i would prefer it wouldn't plant if i toggle it off.

-I think there should be 2 more research steps. The first cultivator just should be able to plant upto skill 5 plants, each further research for more 5 skills.

-Maybe remove the need of growing zones ? You can select the plant straight at the cultivator and it plant at any tile with a fert unlike 0.
At this way the pawns wouldnt interfere with these plants.

- The cultivator can plant/harvest anything at range, then it have long arms or little mobile robots to do that, Then it should be possible to select the output even at the edge of the range.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Canute on July 03, 2017, 07:26:27 AM
About SS Cultivator Tools,
-i just notice the cultivator ignore the allow sow toggle of the growing zone.
Not sure if this a bug or feature, but i would prefer it wouldn't plant if i toggle it off.

-I think there should be 2 more research steps. The first cultivator just should be able to plant upto skill 5 plants, each further research for more 5 skills.

-Maybe remove the need of growing zones ? You can select the plant straight at the cultivator and it plant at any tile with a fert unlike 0.
At this way the pawns wouldnt interfere with these plants.

- The cultivator can plant/harvest anything at range, then it have long arms or little mobile robots to do that, Then it should be possible to select the output even at the edge of the range.
1. Implemented on GitHub (Steam coming soon)
2,3. I've been holding back making improvements on my automation mods - mainly because (REDACTED)
4. Many people have thought of this idea before - First I need to make my own spiral-shaped pattern algorithm because it's pretty silly seeing a robot work in a radial pattern, but that will ruin the sun lamp feature :( Technicality kills.
My mods

Canute

Some more comments :-)
- I use VG, and i notice the cultivator don't work on hydroponics. Not sure if this intended and they only works on growing zones.

-
QuoteSprinkler
Very simple. Sprinkles water in an expanding radius, actively increases plant growth by 1 hour. Pretty weak by itself, but effective (OP?) in numbers.
Oh yeah, while sprinklers on a growingzone are a nice add, they are very powerful on hyroponics.
With 1 sunlamp at the middle, 8 sprinkler around it, and then hydroponics around them, rice grow within 1 day.

Btw. could you maybe adapt the sunlamp code to turn off during night to sprinkler, they don't need to work when plants are resting.

Edit:
DOH, why arn't sprinkler waterproofed, short circuits on rain on a sprinkler !
Shouldn't you have all the time short circuits when other sprinkler rain on the others ?

Another idea about sprinkler,
currently they select 1 tile and increase the growing status. I think this is inspired by the RL sprinkler which throw water in 1 direction and then step a bit to the next.
But why not doing a whole area pulse update at once, one sprinkler after the other after some ticks.
I didn't notice any lag yet, but couldn't a pulse update be more friendly for slower systems ?

tigg

Quote from: Spdskatr on May 21, 2017, 02:03:48 AM
Quote from: libra00 on May 20, 2017, 11:34:22 PM
Hey Spdskatr, just grabbed AnimalStations via the A16 release link and in the mod list it says 'This mod was not made for this version'.  Doesn't throw any errors, though I haven't tried to launch a colony yet.  But I was looking at the files and about.xml says:
<targetVersion>0.17.1526</targetVersion>

Probably just an oversight, not a big deal, but it might confuse people so I figured I'd let you know.  While I'm here, any chance there's an A16 release of Cultivators laying around I could get my hands on?
...Oh shit. I forgot to change the target version. It should work, nonetheless, I've tried it

Still says it - took me a while to figure out why it was red in my mod list.

Spdskatr

Quote from: tigg on August 06, 2017, 07:30:00 PM
Quote from: Spdskatr on May 21, 2017, 02:03:48 AM
Quote from: libra00 on May 20, 2017, 11:34:22 PM
Hey Spdskatr, just grabbed AnimalStations via the A16 release link and in the mod list it says 'This mod was not made for this version'.  Doesn't throw any errors, though I haven't tried to launch a colony yet.  But I was looking at the files and about.xml says:
<targetVersion>0.17.1526</targetVersion>

Probably just an oversight, not a big deal, but it might confuse people so I figured I'd let you know.  While I'm here, any chance there's an A16 release of Cultivators laying around I could get my hands on?
...Oh shit. I forgot to change the target version. It should work, nonetheless, I've tried it

Still says it - took me a while to figure out why it was red in my mod list.
It's unchangeable now without serious messing up of my repository. :(
My mods

ertzuiop

Hi im using the SS Researchable Stat Upgrades mod and encountered a serious problem.
The stack research kinda resets itself to default and back.
Example: After researching Stacking II i could stack 1500 silver on a tile. For an unknown reason it resets the stack size to 500 deleting the rest to nirvana, letting me stack to 1500 and deleting it again. Happened 2 times until now. Lost lots of resources...  Help! :'(

Spdskatr

I've been at constant work on that on the Steam Workshop, but I'll upload my latest version to GitHub too. Hope this fixes it :)
My mods