[B19-B18] Spdskatr's mods | We Factorio now? (20 Jun)

Started by Spdskatr, February 25, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ertzuiop

Oh sorry, wasnt aware that this is already known.
Will try it out.
Thxalot  :)

faltonico

Regarding the issue with the "SS Researchable Stat Upgrades" mod, for what i have read so far, i just have NOT to research the stack upgrade to be able to use this mod with other stack modifying mods of the other mods with incompatibilities,
Is that correct?

Thank you in advance!

Spdskatr

Quote from: faltonico on September 02, 2017, 01:05:45 PM
Regarding the issue with the "SS Researchable Stat Upgrades" mod, for what i have read so far, i just have NOT to research the stack upgrade to be able to use this mod with other stack modifying mods of the other mods with incompatibilities,
Is that correct?

Thank you in advance!

Not researching it shouldn't trigger any bugs, no.
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Angelix

kamuii

Will you be doing a version of mass storage for A18?

Spdskatr

My mods

Spdskatr

Project RimFactory

This mod is a combination of my 3 A17 automation mods: Animal Stations, Cultivator Tools and S.A.L.

This is a rather extensive mod; Here are the basics:

Animal Stations

• 3 buildings:

• Shearer: Harvests the wool of animals in the area.
    • Milker: Harvests the milk of the animals in the area.
    • Generic animal harvester: Harvests e v e r y t h i n g from the animals.

• All buildings can store feed, which will attract the animals
  • Only works on your animals

Cultivator Tools

• 3 buildings:

• Sprinkler: Slightly increases the growth rate of plants. The effects stack!
    • Cultivator: Plants and harvests crops autonomously. Pick a direction for it to spit out its harvest.
    • Cultivator with sun lamp: Like the cultivator but has a strong sun lamp on it. Beware of electrical fires!

Auto-Assemblers

• 5 buildings:

• Smart hopper: Pulls items from nearby stockpile zones according to its storage settings.
    • Self cooker: A machine that can cook meals all by itself. Just look at it go!
    • Recipe database: Stores recipes for use by smart assemblers, and imports recipes from adjacent work tables. I wonder what all the buttons do...
    • Universal assembler: An auto-crafter controlled by a computer. Needs a recipe database to give it recipes.
    • Machine learning assembler: Slowly gets better at recipes the more it completes them. However, it also gets worse slowly over time.

• 1 item:

• Recipe data disk: A roll of magnetic tape. Used to craft the recipe database.

Storage

• 4 buildings:

• Stockpile crate: A giant crate that can store 10 items. Items stored in the crate do not deteriorate.
    • Reinforced stockpile crate: A giant crate that can store 25 items. Items stored in the crate do not deteriorate.
    • Industrial storage unit: This device stores virtually infinite amounts of items inside it. The power consumption increases the more stacks you put in. When your colony loses power, items will be safely stored inside, but colonists cannot access them.
    • Storage unit I/O port: A redesigned smart hopper that can pull items remotely from industrial storage units.

Mining

• 1 building:

• Deep quarry: An automated quarry that continuously extracts resources from the ground, including rock chunks, materials and resources. Produces a random resource roughly once every 6 hours.

FAQ

• Does this require a new save to work? No

Credits

• Coding:

• spdskatr
    • bradleykins: Smart hopper min/max feature.
  • Art:

• totobrother: Recipe database and data tape texture.

Development discord: https://discord.gg/6MHVepE

Download - GitHub - GitHub (previous releases) - Steam
My mods

equitime77

With the animal stations is there any way of stopping these (Im using the generic harvester) from storing items on it? Ive noticed that it gathers the milk until it goes off, industrial rollers cant pull it, hauling robots seem to ignore it. Ive just had about 2000 milk go off :( great mods tho

MadsMartinMadsen

Quote from: equitime77 on December 07, 2017, 06:42:20 AM
With the animal stations is there any way of stopping these (Im using the generic harvester) from storing items on it? Ive noticed that it gathers the milk until it goes off, industrial rollers cant pull it, hauling robots seem to ignore it. Ive just had about 2000 milk go off :( great mods tho

I have not had that problem, but it is a storage zone so of course make sure it is not set to store milk, just animal feed.
I normally set up a zone around it where the industrial pullers can take from, leaving only the 2x2 storage in the middle that the pullers cant drag from, and my hauling bots remove things from it so I am wondering why your bots dont...

equitime77

Im not sure either. I had the milk happily (lol) being made into icecream until I noticed that there was some milk about to go off!

JinxVanAshke

First of all, thank you for your mods. They are have been part of my must-have list for a while. I have a minor request though and I am not sure if I should ask you or not but I figured I would start here.

The short and short of it is I use the Textile storage mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37224.0 and Kiame's other storage containers (Change Dresser and Weapons) I have noticed the Assembler and the Smart Hopper wasn't recognizing the items stored within. If possible that they could that would be fricken amazing. Or perhaps they should work together and I am doing something wrong. If not no biggie.

marvin__

Dodging Rain

I jury-rigged a fix that works on mine so far but it does throw out an error that doesn't seem to affect much.  Someone that is more experienced than me could repost this if they fixed it.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Harry_Dicks

Hi Speedskater, I love your mods, thanks for all of the hard work! I just have a couple of quick things:

1-In the OP you have MassStorage as A17, but the post for it says there is a B18 version. Just thought you might like to know as I never bothered to check to see if you had a B18 version until I checked the actual post for that mod.

2-Will ResearchableStatUpgrades for B18 ever be posted on GitHub or anywhere besides Steam? I saw on Steam it is updated to B18, but I would rather get the official version from you than what someone else posted on here.

3-In MassStorage, how many different types of items can each device hold? Or is it just 1 type of item per device? Also, is there a distance limit on how far it can reach in the storage zone to pull items into itself? Hypothetically, could you just have a 1 cell wide storage zone stretching from the MassStorage unit to say a far off mine on the other side of the map, and it could still pull the resources automatically? Or say you had a storage zone just covering the whole map for 1 type of resource, would 1 storage device then be able to pull all of that resource scattered throughout the map to itself? I understand the potential for abuse, but was curious if there was an sort of arbitrary limit to the pull distance.

Sorry about all of the questions, but MassStorage is looking like it's right up my alley, especially since the author of Quantum Storage said there aren't even plans for a B18 release. :'(